Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:16:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Crytopcurrency For Privacy  (Read 3702 times)
EuSouBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 10:22:30 PM

Bitcoin certainly has the network effect in that it's the most widely used cryptocurrency now. But in terms of privacy some of the alt coins may be a better choice, Monero, Dash, Z Cash to name a few. I'm looking for objective information like this

https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

From a privacy standpoint, it looks like Monero is better than Dash or ZCash. Any objective info that would counter this viewpoint?

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chest burster

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:09:46 AM

Check out NAVcoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679791.0
http://navcoin.org/
Rockie1234

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:10:52 PM

Don't listen to anyone trying to sell you their coin, do your own research.
NAVcoin was hyped beyond belief, spiked at double its current price, and has hardly grown since. There is also very uneven distribution of coins (90% is owned by the top 100).

I think it's personal opinion in the end, zcash seems very risky given its volatility.
Dash had that dodginess surrounding some sort of premine/instamine (don't know the details), and monero is known to have botnets for mining. Just be aware that no coin is "clearly" better.
materazi

Activity: 694
Merit: 10

In Nervos we trust.

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:22:13 PM

what about ADZcoin  Huh I think it's a strong project

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1590365.0
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:32:10 PM

Bitcoin certainly has the network effect in that it's the most widely used cryptocurrency now. But in terms of privacy some of the alt coins may be a better choice, Monero, Dash, Z Cash to name a few. I'm looking for objective information like this

From a privacy standpoint, it looks like Monero is better than Dash or ZCash. Any objective info that would counter this viewpoint?

No, Most other coins that claim anonymity features are in range of DASH. So Bitcoin with mixers.
Cryptonote coins was in range of Monero but now with RingCT Monero is ahead (this is just anonymity wise, development of Cryptonote coins is way behind of Monero)
ZCash and their clones are a crypto only if you trust their trusted setup. If you dont they are just like USD or EUR or CNY or JPN. Can be printed to the infinity.
Rockie1234

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 03:21:19 PM

what about ADZcoin  Huh I think it's a strong project

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1590365.0

I looked at this one for a bit. However, they claimed to be in contact with thousands of websites, no one is adopting it as far as I know. The price is still low as well. The ADZcoin devs also seem to have a nasty habit of deleting people's responses on their threads that they don't agree with.
cleverhope

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 03:24:55 PM

Do not forget about Zcoin, for example. It is not too late.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 03:44:51 PM

I agree many investors and crypto enthusiast pointed how great the privacy settings of monero although I am late in buying monero when it is to cheap to buy I'm still trying to buy more it's just sad that it's not on nova and yobit where I actively buying altcoins

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 12:02:36 PM

that is all true and in fact i love monero and always suggest it to anyone who is looking for an anonymous coin. and i completely agree with the article.

but i wanted to add that you have to realize that bitcoin can also be completely anonymous. you buy it with cash, and never let any of your bitcoin address be associated with you. always deal only with bitcoin and never connect a bank to your bitcoin addresses, this way you reach full anonymity.

--looking for signature--
Rockie1234

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 08:36:11 PM

that is all true and in fact i love monero and always suggest it to anyone who is looking for an anonymous coin. and i completely agree with the article.

but i wanted to add that you have to realize that bitcoin can also be completely anonymous. you buy it with cash, and never let any of your bitcoin address be associated with you. always deal only with bitcoin and never connect a bank to your bitcoin addresses, this way you reach full anonymity.

It's not that easy. Governments have a program called ChainAnalysis which can work out which addresses are part of the same wallet, meaning you definitely can't be truly anonymous. LocalBitcoins also requires trust in a stranger (with a good reputation maybe, but still a stranger)  which can be problematic. The closest thing to anonymity would probably involve exchanging into another coin and then back again.
Devnant

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 12:00:15 AM

Monero is the best for privacy.

Game is my life
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 12:06:18 AM

Every discussion I've seen from people who are really serious into cryptography say that Monero currently has the best privacy features.
There are several "privacy-based" coins that actually have huge flaws in their design or implementation.

Huge Black Woman

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 12:23:42 AM

Every discussion I've seen from people who are really serious into cryptography say that Monero currently has the best privacy features.
There are several "privacy-based" coins that actually have huge flaws in their design or implementation.
Sho, most privacy but ain't even a drug deala in existence who know WTF a monero is.  So you all tell me if'n thet's useful o' not.  Fools be pilin' up in the baloney wagon tryin' ta score contraband, but the dealas, they only take cash.  An' if you find someone who take crypto of any sort, itsa gonna be bitcoin.  Is they anybody really who usin' monero 'cause it's thet private??
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 01:01:11 AM

Sho, most privacy but ain't even a drug deala in existence who know WTF a monero is.  So you all tell me if'n thet's useful o' not.  Fools be pilin' up in the baloney wagon tryin' ta score contraband, but the dealas, they only take cash.  An' if you find someone who take crypto of any sort, itsa gonna be bitcoin.  Is they anybody really who usin' monero 'cause it's thet private??

Yes, on AlphaBay there are drug dealers who accept Monero, White-Middle-Aged-Male who saw a Madea movie once.

schnib

Activity: 270

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 01:12:09 AM

Don't listen to anyone trying to sell you their coin, do your own research.
NAVcoin was hyped beyond belief, spiked at double its current price, and has hardly grown since. There is also very uneven distribution of coins (90% is owned by the top 100).

I think it's personal opinion in the end, zcash seems very risky given its volatility.
Dash had that dodginess surrounding some sort of premine/instamine (don't know the details), and monero is known to have botnets for mining. Just be aware that no coin is "clearly" better.

What are botnets for mining and why is it bad ?

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 01:22:38 AM

Just take a look at coinmarketcap and see the gap between bitcoin and the rest of the crypto coins, it's a huge gap. bitcoin is successful for many reasons and is the best crypto you could have and if you are worried about privacy? just test a mixer service with small amount and then ask the forum detectives to see if they can link you to your mixed bitcoins or not. Smiley  Cool
cakravothy

Activity: 868
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 01:49:19 AM

all crypto coin still guard privacy user
because crypto coin is anonymous, without verified ID user

is you want clean youre transaction, after exchange to bitcoin in exchanger
you can mixer youre bitcoin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 01:54:38 AM

It is only good when you are running a node. I've seen Monero users asking about SPV wallets for Monero. Such good understanding of privacy behind this coin.

you can mixer youre bitcoin
No one will guarantee you that owner of bitcoin mixer is not gathering logs on every satoshi that was mixed. Or that mixers are not run by IRS/FBI/CIA/you name it.
juras54

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 02:02:47 AM

but that zcash does not most newest super anonymous?
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 02:15:14 AM

but that zcash does not most newest super anonymous?
Zcash is bitcoin reskin, created from Bitcoin's codebase. It has an ability to hide the sender, recipient and value of all transactions on its blockchain.
If you have the correct 'view key' - only then you can see this hidden data. AFAIK there is nothing more anonymous in Zcash than in other anonymous coins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: