Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:06:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what are factors behind the success of Monero  (Read 2019 times)
FLoving (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 09:11:56 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2017, 09:45:50 PM by FLoving

I am seeing that the marketcap of Monero is much higher and in the list of top 10 cryptocoins. Can I know what are the factors which are making its demand higher and what are the factors which is making it competitive with bitcoin, litecoin and etherum?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biitcoin

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Zichain

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 09:18:43 AM

I'm having my doubts , Monero is mostly used for being anonymous and Its pretty much different from both bitcoin and Ethereum. I can't tell why Litecoin is successful though as It's just another clone from bitcoin.
I however wouldn't be too optimistic , It's just a matter of time until bitcoin implement TumbleBit or another anonymity protocol and that could result to DASH ,Zcash , Monero death .

bitwolf

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 09:39:30 AM

I'm having my doubts , Monero is mostly used for being anonymous and Its pretty much different from both bitcoin and Ethereum. I can't tell why Litecoin is successful though as It's just another clone from bitcoin.
I however wouldn't be too optimistic , It's just a matter of time until bitcoin implement TumbleBit or another anonymity protocol and that could result to DASH ,Zcash , Monero death .

Yeah, implement simply everything you think of. Make the btc blockchain 187253423 TBs.   This won't kill the grandpa at all....
Loepuenkyou

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 09:47:38 AM

dev team is good
and monero user community is big, you can sea in monero announcement thread is big comment in there
factor succes altcoin user community, if user community is big can succes can big volume transaction
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 11:06:33 AM

Yeah, implement simply everything you think of. Make the btc blockchain 187253423 TBs.   This won't kill the grandpa at all....

Having an update or fork on bitcoin doesn't necessarily means that bitcoin blockchain should grow , If it does grow then I also see no problem , the number of nodes is almost the same for years now while the blockchain size continue to grow , besides almost everyone uses SPV wallets these days .
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 06:13:34 PM

I am seeing that the marketplace of Monero is much higher and in the list of top 10 cryptocoins. Can I know what are the factors which are making its demand higher and what are the factors which is making it competitive with bitcoin, litecoin and etherum?

Monero volume is not high $175 milions in last month. Monero had high volume in September when was 10 times higher.
Kray

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 09:15:25 PM

Because Monero is currently one of the most, or probably the most promising private cryptocurrency.

Some factors people look for in a private cryptocurrency:

• Functioning as Designed
  • Open-source & Secure
  • Decentralize & Trustless
  • Private by Default

There is a large community behind Monero, this can be interpreted as significant number of people also seeing Monero as a promising cryptocurrency.

But like any other cryptocurrency, Monero isn't perfect, and may be replaced one day. As a non-technical person who cannot improve or create a better cryptocurrency/solution, I am constantly updating my knowledge of all those private cryptocurrency projects out there.

And the best I can do for Monero is to run monerod when my computer is turned on.  Smiley

I think all coin have that factor.
Devnant

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:42:38 AM

Because Monero is currently one of the most, or probably the most promising private cryptocurrency.

Some factors people look for in a private cryptocurrency:

• Functioning as Designed
  • Open-source & Secure
  • Decentralize & Trustless
  • Private by Default

There is a large community behind Monero, this can be interpreted as significant number of people also seeing Monero as a promising cryptocurrency.

But like any other cryptocurrency, Monero isn't perfect, and may be replaced one day. As a non-technical person who cannot improve or create a better cryptocurrency/solution, I am constantly updating my knowledge of all those private cryptocurrency projects out there.

And the best I can do for Monero is to run monerod when my computer is turned on.  Smiley

This in a nutshell. I also think all governments in the world have all their eyes on Bitcoin, which puts a lot of pressure on the core devs to not implement the top of the cream anonimity features that Monero already has.

Game is my life
FLoving (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:48:21 PM

But I want to know that is there any company or business which have adopted it for their business? Or there any service started with that currency or it is just used for trade and storing our money? I actually want to know about the secrete of its demand.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 12:11:31 AM

Another factor that is orthogonal to fungibility, privacy and anonymity is that Monero has an adaptive blocksize limit that avoids the problems with a fixed 1 MB blocksize limit in Bitcoin. This adaptive blocksize limit actually works because Monero has a minimum block reward (tail emission) of 0.6 XMR per block.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 01:53:25 AM

But I want to know that is there any company or business which have adopted it for their business? Or there any service started with that currency or it is just used for trade and storing our money? I actually want to know about the secrete of its demand.

Well, consider that one darknet market, AlphaBay, allows sellers to accept payment in Bitcoin or Monero. Wired recently ran an article on Monero and their sources said about 2% of transactions on AlphaBay were paid in Monero. Now that may not seem significant but consider if sellers stopped taking bitcoin and only sold for Monero? Price would go through the roof as buyers had to change Bitcoin for Monero. Companies who specialize in tracing bitcoin transactions may soon make mixers ineffective. If that happens Monero or another coin with high anonymity will take the place of Bitcoin on the darknet markets. And Monero has a head start. The price of Monero increased so much during 2016 that advisors are recommending it along with Bitcoin now.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 05:40:57 AM

I do not consider it a "Success" at all.. on the contrary it is a failure and destined to accomplish nothing.
What do you see now ? What will you see in a year or two or ten ? You are lookin' at it.  Cheesy
..or worse

It's perceived market cap price popularity is simply greedy trading bullshit.
Price is derived directly from convincing enough of the users here that the ANON Gimmick is going to get MORE popular with coin buyers later down the road.

That's about it.

Profiteer Koolaid drinkers are hoodwinked by the anon gimick.

Why do you all equate price with success ?  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
FLoving (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:08:42 AM

Well, consider that one darknet market, AlphaBay, allows sellers to accept payment in Bitcoin or Monero. Wired recently ran an article on Monero and their sources said about 2% of transactions on AlphaBay were paid in Monero. Now that may not seem significant but consider if sellers stopped taking bitcoin and only sold for Monero? Price would go through the roof as buyers had to change Bitcoin for Monero. Companies who specialize in tracing bitcoin transactions may soon make mixers ineffective. If that happens Monero or another coin with high anonymity will take the place of Bitcoin on the darknet markets. And Monero has a head start. The price of Monero increased so much during 2016 that advisors are recommending it along with Bitcoin now.
That is what I am searching for . I believe that the success come when services start with a coin. I do not believe on just trade for a coin.

I do not consider it a "Success" at all.. on the contrary it is a failure and destined to accomplish nothing.
What do you see now ? What will you see in a year or two or ten ? You are lookin' at it.  Cheesy
..or worse

Price is derived directly from convincing enough of the users here that the ANON Gimmick is going to get MORE popular with coin buyers later down the road.

That's about it.

Why do you all equate price with success ?[/                                                                                                                 b]  Roll Eyes
I do not deny your argument because I also do not say the successful to those coins which only have traders to support. But for me only those coins are successful and long lived which have a good marketplace.

I believe that those coins which only have traders to support do not live forever but for a few years.
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:24:12 AM

Its community. It is composed of many powerful members, regularly putting back Monero on the table, discussing it. There is no community such as Monero's one. And about the powerful members, it is even rumored that theymos would be a Monero enthusiast, but I doubt about it.
FLoving (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:28:53 AM

Its community. It is composed of many powerful members, regularly putting back Monero on the table, discussing it. There is no community such as Monero's one. And about the powerful members, it is even rumored that theymos would be a Monero enthusiast, but I doubt about it.
I think in the below posts you will find that what I want to know and what is the success for me about any coin. I believe that everyone will believe on the success which in the below posts is mentioned.

That is what I am searching for . I believe that the success come when services start with a coin. I do not believe on just trade for a coin.

..or worse

That's about it.

Why do you all equate price with success ?[/                                                                                                                 b]  Roll Eyes
I do not deny your argument because I also do not say the successful to those coins which only have traders to support. But for me only those coins are successful and long lived which have a good marketplace.

I believe that those coins which only have traders to support do not live forever but for a few years.
CyanFox

Activity: 242

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:51:36 AM

The news of Alphabay accepted Moneri as currency, therefore big whales hyped this news, and made the price from 0.001 BTC to 0.027 highest, the insanity is very memorable. It followed ETH&ETC pump there.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:36:38 AM

I am seeing that the marketcap of Monero is much higher and in the list of top 10 cryptocoins. Can I know what are the factors which are making its demand higher and what are the factors which is making it competitive with bitcoin, litecoin and etherum?

ethereum is a new and a bad coin you shouldn't even put it in the same list with these coins. let it be around for a couple of years at least and then.

but the main reason for monero's success in my opinion is the privacy and anonymity features that it is offering, it was explained rather decent in a couple of comments above.

also it has been around for a long time, it has been developed by a good developing team, and also it has some adoption which mean you can actually use it as currency and that is a big edge in my opinion.

company an business?!!
these are cryptocurrencies and they don't need companies and anything centralized to become successful. only people (peers) to be using them P2P and it is happening but mostly in darknet.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
BitcoinRonnie

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:55:38 AM

Monero was initially Poloniex pocket coin. This is evidenced by a separate market for the exchange with other coins. Developments were his pace and valid worth something. But the main reason for this is anonymity and Poloniex dev team have a large number of coins (this fee from trading and purchase long for a small price)

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 12:32:55 PM

Community ?

A king in his castle with a pink Bentley was the sugar daddy..
He backed the coin and poured money into it paying the dev's.
Had he not been there giving money to dev's and fueling the market and i suspect manipulating it
..the coin would have never gotten to where it is now.

You all love to play dumb about that simple fact.

Had risto / reptiela chose a different coin.. THAT one would be the one we are talking about.

Community ?
Yeah exactly of greedy profiteers hoping the rich guy make THEM rich !

Imagine if i had pit of money and i was throwing it around.. think i'd make some friends ?

- Smashing Pumpkins Coin .

FUD first & ask questions later™
topesis

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:19:45 PM

I think the new tech employed in Monero distinguish it from other Altcoin (ring signature), this makes it more difficult to trace unlike BTC, I think what gives it this value is the adoption by the Dark market, this was when the price started rising until it hit $15.

So the tech and adoption by Dark market are the two for me
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: