Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:09:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: android electrum wallet  (Read 1232 times)
HardJuice (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:51:49 PM

Hi!

I have been a user of electrum for years now and then recently saw that it had an android client as well. So i decided to try it out(my phone is a coolpad if that helps, running 4.4.2) and as a result it keeps on crashing and occasionally the phone too. Is there a way to fix it, because i think its due to electrum taking up too much system resources???

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 07:27:08 PM

Hi!

I have been a user of electrum for years now and then recently saw that it had an android client as well. So i decided to try it out(my phone is a coolpad if that helps, running 4.4.2) and as a result it keeps on crashing and occasionally the phone too. Is there a way to fix it, because i think its due to electrum taking up too much system resources???

I think it is your phone mostly. I am using a Samsung Galaxy A5 as my android phone and it works flawlessly in it. Also the coolpad must be a Chinese phone with only 512 MB of RAM which is really low for nowadays and the version of android is old too (but I don't think that's a problem).  I see upgrading your phone as a solution.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 07:31:58 PM

I have never used the wallet myself but Its an SPV wallet so I don't think why It would take too much resources and as for the android version , according to Google play , It should work on version 2.3 and up without any issues. I suggest opening a github issue on the official repository .
Lumpi101

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 10:15:46 PM

I have a galaxy ace 2 with  768 MB of RAM and Android version 4.1.2. And Electrum is working on it.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 10:43:26 PM

Do you get any specific error messages when it crashes? It is always possible there is some specific error with that phone as well which could be fixed by the developers.
Darra

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 04:21:35 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2017, 05:15:33 PM by Darra

Not working on my Huawei Honor 7 (PLK-L01), 3Gb RAM, Android 6.0
Crashes aswell... goes to the start menu, sometimes i can choose standard wallet,and when i try to enter my seed it crashes and closes..
It also crashes when starting up the app, and when it goes to the start menu after a few seconds,if nothing is chosen..

deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:23:16 AM

Hi guys,
I've recently bought an refurbished Samsung Galaxy GT-I9100 really cheap with intentions to use it as a cold storage wallet. I mean, uninstall all applications already present, install Electrum (apk) and never allow bluetooth or wi-fi (SIM card already removed). My intention is to use my everyday regular phone to watch this wallet and create transactions to be signed by this other offline one (I'd use the camera to read the generated QR-code). My susprise was to find out that Electrum's Android version cannot sign transactions. Is there a way to get this to work? Thank you buddies.

If you'd like to help me saving for my babie's future, bitcoin:1QCD4EYjeuEGjVCxkD7PAD2feEVEMYvpGU
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 02:47:10 PM

Hi guys,
I've recently bought an refurbished Samsung Galaxy GT-I9100 really cheap with intentions to use it as a cold storage wallet. I mean, uninstall all applications already present, install Electrum (apk) and never allow bluetooth or wi-fi (SIM card already removed). My intention is to use my everyday regular phone to watch this wallet and create transactions to be signed by this other offline one (I'd use the camera to read the generated QR-code). My susprise was to find out that Electrum's Android version cannot sign transactions. Is there a way to get this to work? Thank you buddies.

yes it can sign transactions.
you need to scan the unsigned transaction with the camera, and it will open a transaction window with a sign button.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 01:31:22 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2017, 02:02:13 AM by deepcolderwallet

yes it can sign transactions.
you need to scan the unsigned transaction with the camera, and it will open a transaction window with a sign button.

Thanks for answering. Should I scan the unsigned transaction from what tab? "Send"? Because when I scan from the "Send" tab it only show details about the transaction, recognizes as Unsigned, but won't show any button except for the QR-Code symbol and the Close button. No "Sign" button in this screen.

UPDATE: as I was posting in 2 topics, let's give preference to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75617 as there's more detailed info. Thank you for answering, ThomasV. Could we consider producing a Manual to this matter?

If you'd like to help me saving for my babie's future, bitcoin:1QCD4EYjeuEGjVCxkD7PAD2feEVEMYvpGU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: