Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 01:24:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Market manipulation?  (Read 439 times)
Nat Philosopher (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:33:17 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2013, 01:51:14 AM by Nat Philosopher

Last few days, craziest market I've ever seen. Not many markets collapse by a factor of 5, and when bubbles burst they don't generally have repeated 70 point within-an-hour-or-two rallies during the fall, and then bounce back up by a factor of 2.5 from the low within hours, and etc. Looked like a puppet being jerked various ways.

Interestingly, the price of gold collapsed at almost the same time, down $75 on Friday. A former US Assistant Sec of Treasury claims the Fed orchestrated this by naked shorts of e-gold, with no physical gold to back them up.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2013/4/12_Former_US_Treasury_Official_-_Fed_Orchestrated_Smash_In_Gold.html
therealbradster

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:45:38 AM

I think the market will settle down now.  Consider the volatility birth pains of a new cool currency.
stripe

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:52:14 AM

The FED is definitely behind the stock market going up but I cant seen them trying to bring gold down because that would increase the case for a deflationary environment which is NOT what they want.
Nat Philosopher (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 02:04:45 AM

BC has natural enemies with deep pockets. They could try to disrupt the market. If BC has a steady price, then it becomes much more attractive a place for people to park their bank accounts.
Nat Philosopher (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 02:12:16 AM

Dr. Roberts says "They are trying to save this Federal Reserve policy of negative real interest rates.  You can’t do that if the dollar loses value relative to gold because it implies it should be losing value relative to other currencies.

If the dollar’s exchange value drops, then the price of imports that come in here (to the US) rise.  So you get domestic inflation, and if you have domestic inflation you can’t have zero interest rates, or negative real interest rates.  So the Fed would lose control and that’s the basis of this policy.

They are trying to destroy gold as a (safe) haven from the dollar in order to carry on the Fed’s policy of negative real interest rates.  That is what is driving the illegal policy of selling naked shorts in order to manipulate a market.  If you and I were to do something like this without the government’s instruction or protection, we would be arrested (laughter ensues).  So the fact that it’s illegal, being done by the authorities, tells me that they are seriously worried about the dollar.”

-------------------

If you changed gold into BC in these sentences it would make as much sense I think.
dowa

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 02:29:34 AM

Yes the market will settle down now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: