Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:25:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No more fake volume from China?  (Read 517 times)
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1580

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 02:16:05 PM

https://twitter.com/cnLedger/status/823146829701259264

Apparently 3 major Chinese exchanges: OKCoin, Huobi and BTCC announced charging trading fees (0.2%), effective from 24th January.

This must be a result of the Government's probe that happened earlier this month, which also resulted in suspension of margin trading.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:02:58 PM

Apparently 3 major Chinese exchanges: OKCoin, Huobi and BTCC announced charging trading fees (0.2%), effective from 24th January.

This must be a result of the Government's probe that happened earlier this month, which also resulted in suspension of margin trading.
It is a good development for cryptocurrencies as this will build trust from Chinese Government. The way things are going after this regulation the next step may be to legalize the cryptocurrencies. Wise people should begins to store bitcoin and others valuable altcoin now as this will make alot of people wealthy by said 2020. As for me am speculating that price may got to $2000 by the end of 2017.
leepfrog

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:04:38 PM

Forgive my ignorance, so there was no fees to trade in China before?
daylox

Activity: 307

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:07:16 PM

Yes, it is beneficial for bitcoin industry, Chinese fake volumes were very obvious, 3 million in huobi and okcoin, Chinese government ban their fake trading. I notice okcoin charges free for maker, and highest 0.2% for taker, decreased by monthly volume in USD.

For CNY trading, both 0.2% of trading taken.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:10:30 PM

Yep, it lasted a few years that's why there had been "serious trading activity" going on in China. Also one of the reason's why they fake volumes so as to entice other markets to do the same and that something's happening in the background. Been following how the Chinese work for quite a time now, and it's a good start that they begin to impose 0.2% trading fees at the least.
leepfrog

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:11:55 PM

Yep, it lasted a few years that's why there had been "serious trading activity" going on in China. Also one of the reason's why they fake volumes so as to entice other markets to do the same and that something's happening in the background. Been following how the Chinese work for quite a time now, and it's a good start that they begin to impose 0.2% trading fees at the least.

yeah it is good they're now imposing a fee. So I take it they made money from withdrawals and deposits as well as obviously some other shady shit.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:36:04 PM

Indeed, this must have been the hand of the government forcing these things in order for these websites to keep operating. We'll see if this means the end of allegedly fake volumes... These exchanges can easily keep doing "inside trades" (as some say they do) and simply not charge fees for the accounts which do "inside trades"...

I guess the good side of this is no more ads (I assume websites with 0 trading fees had ads to help keep them afloat).
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:53:47 PM

i think this is because they removed their margin trading, lending and other things on the side and it was very profitable for them to do these things so they could continue the 0 fee policy but now that it is removed they have to stick to the normal ways of making money!

i know for a fact that at least okcoin.cn didn't have any fees on their trades because i checked it myself, but the rest of them i have only heard they have 0 fees.

There is a FOMO brewing...
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:56:35 PM

Those exchanges are miners themselves and they were doing the transactions to have higher chances of finding blocks for their pools, and besides withdrawal fees compensated zero fee for trading and more bitcoins you have in your exchange wallets more credibility and popularity you gain.
However I don't understand the fake volume part, why would they try to provoke the government? it's like showing a middle finger to them and say hey look we have so much money but we wont pay any tax for them lol.

🖤😏
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 04:16:30 PM

This is great news. We will now have a lot more reliable data coming from the Chinese exchanges.
Now we will know how much Chinese exchanges dominate the bitcoin world.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: