Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:54:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Satoshi? Why did he hide his identity?  (Read 14160 times)
Bibite

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 01:04:10 PM

Every fews months we can read about theories on who is Satoshi, but it stay theories. I remember a journalist saying he finally found who is this guy and even visited him in USA. I guess those theories will never end like the one about the illuinatis or any others occult groups. I would say, it is better for him to be hidde, otherwise some particular lobby would enjoy having his head in exchange of a couple of thousands of dollars. At least if it was me i would do everything possible to hide my ass !
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 01:41:03 PM

IMO you are looking at this the wrong way! Why don't you put yourself in Satoshis shoes and think of how many people,agencies,governments would want him/them.
If that's not enough,imagine what drug lords or terror groups would do with such a brilliant being like Satoshi with a gifted mind. Respect the unexpected, think through your risks.

^Exactly that. You nailed it man, enough said. Satoshi did the right move staying anonymous, I'm sure if his/their identity was known he would've been assassinated by now, that or he's hiding from the world in a high security prison in a sealed out cell for the sake of his own safety. Both those endings are horrid, lucky he/they stayed anonymous.
Definitely, as I've heard rumours from some sources that Satoshi is now currently owned 1,5 Million bitcoins and it's a damn huge number that makes people getting triggered to do criminal things against satoshi.
It's a wise move that satoshi keeps on hiding his identity and have no intention to reveal it by himself, a wise decision that not all people know.
Plus not just theft is in mind here but assault or even assassination.  Satoshi is a huge public figure and loads of people associate Bitcoin with crime due to its prominence on the darknet etc.  It would be wise for Satoshi to keep their identity private, but if they were to reveal their identity it could cause a huge surge in the price of Bitcoin.

Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 01:57:50 PM

the entity using the satoshi pseudonym is one person. that is established.

however satoshis idea's are a patchwork of many older concepts that alone would not work but satoshi was the brainchild of patching it all together into something that works. plus adding his own customisations and extra tweaks to it. which made it special and unique

also satoshi, worked with other people. that is established. but only the single entity used the satoshi pseudonym. all the rest helping out used their own pseudonyms.

Better to hide his identity to be more mysterious.  I don't  think if he's  identity is important to know who or what he is. The most important are the things that he made today and will make in the future to get to know more about the bitcoin.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:59:55 PM

the entity using the satoshi pseudonym is one person. that is established.

however satoshis idea's are a patchwork of many older concepts that alone would not work but satoshi was the brainchild of patching it all together into something that works. plus adding his own customisations and extra tweaks to it. which made it special and unique

also satoshi, worked with other people. that is established. but only the single entity used the satoshi pseudonym. all the rest helping out used their own pseudonyms.

Better to hide his identity to be more mysterious.  I don't  think if he's  identity is important to know who or what he is. The most important are the things that he made today and will make in the future to get to know more about the bitcoin.
If his identity has got revealed sometimes our system might have functioned as a bureaucratic one. Right now it's good to have a great growth and made things move forward in the right track. The innovation is truly a appreciable one that people have got an ease in all sort of needs.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 05:09:43 PM

Why did Satoshi hide his identity? Has anyone seen Satoshi in real life?
Is Satoshi one person? Or is it a community?

I believe Satoshi is a person and he did a wise thing because he's mystified Bitcoin and people's crave for more information markets Bitcoin and creates awareness.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 05:26:32 PM

I can tell you many reasons why Satoshi hide his identity.
He don't like publicity.
He wants to have peaceful life.
His mission is over.
I can think about many other reasons but it's wasting of time to think about it since we will never know the right answer.
Is this really so much important for you?
Anything important will change in your life if you find answer to this question?
I suggest that we all focus on much more important things and move on.
Enjoy your bitcoin life Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 05:32:32 PM

It's not possible to say who is Satoshi, I believe only few people know his real identity, but I don't think he is an alien, a robot, a cyborg as some people say, just a normal man that created something amazing that is helping many people around the world and introducing a new technology that changing our ways to process payments virtually over the internet.

He has his own reasons to hide his identity, maybe for safe, to don't be bothered, to continue operating without nobody knows who he is...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:55:17 PM

Why did Satoshi hide his identity? Has anyone seen Satoshi in real life?
Is Satoshi one person? Or is it a community?
Until now we don't know the real reason why and Who? even the bitcoin experts don't know the exact reason, just what important is that bitcoin has been developed in good result because of the demand of the community in the entire world together with the different big companies adapted the concept of bitcoin.
globe-biz

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 08:20:29 PM

According to the Russian Govt bitcoin was created by the U.S. CIA, so that is why the fake Satoshi  name is used. It applies to a team of people who work in Langley Virginia not one real person,Think they can eliminate income tax dodgers if they can create a digital economy with a non private blockchain and when they make it so everyone can only have one address this will be reality.Total police state control, yes bitcoin is beautiful but the world that controls it is corrupt
trickshot22

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 09:47:01 PM

If you were Satoshi, wouldn't it be cool to just roam around the city, sit in a coffee shop and look at all those people who endlessly talk about Bitcoin but don't know you are the one?

I'D LOVE THAT!
on the one hand I must agree with you, it sounds really cool, but on the other hand, wouldn't you feel the desire to be praised for such a wonderful invention that is going to change the world completely? I definitely would and it would be hard to stay quiet about it. Besides that we don't even know if satoshi is still around and if he is still alive, maybe he is just silent because he is not around any more?
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:53:28 AM

If you were Satoshi, wouldn't it be cool to just roam around the city, sit in a coffee shop and look at all those people who endlessly talk about Bitcoin but don't know you are the one?

I'D LOVE THAT!
on the one hand I must agree with you, it sounds really cool, but on the other hand, wouldn't you feel the desire to be praised for such a wonderful invention that is going to change the world completely? I definitely would and it would be hard to stay quiet about it. Besides that we don't even know if satoshi is still around and if he is still alive, maybe he is just silent because he is not around any more?

Getting the praise always feels good, that would be a reason to reveal your identity. However the threats posed by revealing the identity are far more which will prevent him to do that. You don't want being praised for a day or two and then being grounded/robbed/kidnapped by unknown people. If at all needed, he could reveal his identity once he is on his deathbed when no more harm is posed.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 01:39:45 PM

Satoshi, Satoshi Nakamoto is verbatim, is a character or organization anonymously invented Bitcoin. According to my speculation and the evidence I saw, I think this is a character. Satoshi began creating open source software Bitcoin Core, want to create a freedom coins for everyone. Bitcoin began designing by Satoshi  in 2007, he believes can create a virtual currency system that when the transaction is not dependent on any financial institution. In mid-2010, Satoshi suddenly disappeared from Bitcoin world and no one can communicate with Satoshi.In 2014, some reporters caught a person for this person is Satoshi but refused them all and do not want to meet, I also do not understand why Satoshi hides his identity.  All information about Satoshi still a mystery in the world of Bitcoin.
panopotty

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 12:41:04 PM

even the bitcoin experts don't know the exact reason, just what important is that bitcoin has been developed in good result because of the demand of the community in the entire world together with the different big companies adapted the concept of bitcoin.

http://imgur.com/a/NPiIs

it has a frikin poker lobby in the origiall code

Good my asss
just poker

it is simple to see what it is for

easy to see wright did it for poker
shodik007

Activity: 896
Merit: 305

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:04:36 PM

Honestly I actually did not know about satoshi,but I am glad to know this digital currency
I think this is not possible in working on their own,the possibilities created by a team

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:21:08 PM

Honestly I actually did not know about satoshi,but I am glad to know this digital currency
I think this is not possible in working on their own,the possibilities created by a team
Satoshi or Nakamoto Satoshi is the creator of bitcoin and he was my idol in technology world because he created this kind of master piece with a lot of great features like anonymity, price volatility and much more. He also holds a lot of stocks of bitcoin and one of the reason why he's hiding his identity is because he is afraid of getting robbed or threaten by someone.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:33:13 PM

A lot has been discussed about this. There are many speculations why he does not want to disclose his identity. Ultimately, we do not know and will never know if Satoshi does not make himself recognizable one day.
S_D

Activity: 198
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:33:29 PM

So we got peeps that can bypass best securities but not back trace Satoshi!?!?
Why didn't someone back trace him yet?

Free bitcoins, to reveal private key scratch here ==>>  5▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:36:36 PM

Seems to me he was more after plausible deniability than absolute anonymity.

As for why he hid his identity -- he's probably embarrassed to be associated with the signature campaign industry  Wink
shodik007

Activity: 896
Merit: 305

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:37:00 PM

Satoshi or Nakamoto Satoshi is the creator of bitcoin and he was my idol in technology world because he created this kind of master piece with a lot of great features like anonymity, price volatility and much more. He also holds a lot of stocks of bitcoin and one of the reason why he's hiding his identity is because he is afraid of getting robbed or threaten by someone.
Awesome  Smiley I agree with you say  Cheesy

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1508

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:52:31 PM

Satoshi is a fugazi which doesn't exist. It's figment of someone's imagination and nothing else. However, I am really not much bothered about who has created bitcoin and why, because I am already reaping the benefit of bitcoin without knowing who is the inventor of bitcoin.

Also I support the fact that the inventor is hiding himself and it is for good. Otherwise he would have spent the rest of his life in Jail. I want him to live a peaceful and serene life because he has sown the way for financial freedom to many. God bless him!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: