Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:18:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Satoshi? Why did he hide his identity?  (Read 14158 times)
learner 7

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:44:57 AM

Very mysterious person or person, I do not know why? Maybe he decided to give up glory and give bitcoin to all people.
kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:52:48 AM

I think he did it on purpose. Since he built a high profitable network. Its very ideal that he did hide his identity. Many will threaten him to make him pay satoshi rather than working for it. He did it for self security.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:35:10 PM

his identity is a secret even after 8years for bitcoin usage, people still didnt able to find satoshi and i don't thing we really try to find satoshi he left bitcoin for some reason which according to him is nessacary. bitcoin is changing the way we looks into the economics of our country, people almost started using money for specified list of usage and we forget what was the true potential of money. bitcoin emmerged with hard and coplexity but it also rewards us the clearity of vision. if you are a bitcoiner then you are one of the intelligent human species who really understands things not just use it like dummy

Satoshi hide himself so many reasons for good, but I think the government know who is he by now because they must know, they have lot of great tools and very intelligent people working for them. Also for average people that are good, some of them know who the real satoshi is but they don't want share because of security seasons. this world is not as it might seems to be. you have to bury certain things in order to live peacefully if you invented something like bitcoin. 
peter0425

Activity: 2688
Merit: 447

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:42:33 PM

Do you guys think we will ever get to know who Satoshi is? Maybe 1 day he will reveal himself or someone will reveal him? If that happens then what will happen to bitcoin and price?
No. He won't reveal himself. He has keep his silence for the longest time and I have doubts that he will resurface anytime soon. He is already leaving a quite life now (assuming he is not dead). And if ever he shows, up, of course the price of bitcoin will skyrocketed.

I think he did it on purpose. Since he built a high profitable network. Its very ideal that he did hide his identity. Many will threaten him to make him pay satoshi rather than working for it. He did it for self security.
Maybe this is just one reason. He has built bitcoin to what it is today, and I think he wouldn't imagine that bitcoin will go this far. He's life is in danger if ever he shows to the public that's why he chooses to remain anonymous. He will be a target for hackers or even some individual who wants to take that money he got. So let's all enjoy his inventions and we should just thank him for what he did and share to the world.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:05:58 PM

Maybe he kept his identity secret because he did not want his daily life disturbed. We know how famous Bitcoin is now and if we know who the inventor is, there will be many journalists every day who come to question him. Always visited by journalists is not fun, especially now that many journalists who always dismantle the secrets of people.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 633

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:10:08 PM

Maybe he kept his identity secret because he did not want his daily life disturbed. We know how famous Bitcoin is now and if we know who the inventor is, there will be many journalists every day who come to question him. Always visited by journalists is not fun, especially now that many journalists who always dismantle the secrets of people.
Not only on journalist thing but for sure there are lots of people would really search for him specially government because he would really be big threat cause we saw on how capable bitcoin is when it comes on new way payment system which can possibly be used either on positive or on negative side.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
SkyscraperFarms

Activity: 39
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:03:40 PM

Stop it.

He had no idea it would be this popular. The people who's shoulders Satoshi stood on weren't in any way beating off crowds of people or receiving threats for what they created. So he had no reason to believe he would be threatened by the paparazzi or evil doers. He likely envisioned bitcoin to be somewhat as popular as Second Life Linden Dollars which had well under 100K users at the time of Bitcoins release.

Satoshi established the pseudonym for one reason. He was avoiding an "intellectual property" claim from his employer. He did not want his employer to be able to control a protocol that was supposed to eliminate "third party trust".  

Say Google made a claim that the bitcoin code was theirs because the inventor was working for them at the time. Nobody would have used it as it couldn't ever be used for what it truly was solving. Google would have used it likely in the GoogleSphere for payments on Android and the likes but it wouldn't have become what it is as Google would end up being the "trusted third party" bitcoin was trying to eliminate. Sure Google would get brownie points for having an "open ledger" but mining would have been eliminated and each token would be backed by the word of Google making your digi-cash stash safe yet easily used and verifiable.

I use Google as the example because I believe it was Google who Satoshi was hiding his identity from. And this is why I believe Mike Hearn is the real identity behind Satoshi Nakamoto.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2146520.0

If you actually think about real life reasons Satoshi would hide his identity and not make believe fantasy crap that he somehow knew Bitcoin would be this big and his life would be in more danger than the other thousands of billionaires out there, you would likely come to the same conclusion about why he hid his identity. You may not come to the conclusion of same person behind it as I have but regardless of who, the reason is pretty clear.
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:18:51 PM

Why did Satoshi hide his identity? Has anyone seen Satoshi in real life?
Is Satoshi one person? Or is it a community?
I think there are lot of reason why satoshi hide his identity. I think some people already see him but they do not know that he is satoshi. In addition to that, I think he want to kept it secret and I think he hide his identity for his safety. I think doesn't want to exposed his real life and he want some privacy so that I think its a reason why he hide his identity.
Thejesusofcrypto

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Professional Knife catcher

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:22:10 PM

He probably forgot his key to his wallet
I think he is a brilliant wreckless man
What does he have to gain by revealing his identity.
The feds have already knocked down doors looking for him.
shafi alam

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:23:05 PM

i saw a video from youtube, He told that he can proved that he is shatosi.  And also he said he had many btc.
i don't know is it real or not.
SkyscraperFarms

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:39:57 PM

He probably forgot his key to his wallet

He did. He said so himself here:
I no longer have the keys that were referenced in my initial emails with Satoshi. That's why the remaining coins are unspent. At the time bitcoins had no value at all and nobody else was using the system, so I didn't bother backing up the wallet and eventually lost it. Back then there were no forums, no markets, no exchanges, no usage at all as far as I could see and Satoshi did not seem to have any interesting in marketing either. Months would go by and nothing seemed to happen. It was just an interesting science project on SourceForge, one of many, which seemed destined to sink into obscurity just like Ripple had. I don't beat myself up about it. I did pretty well out of Bitcoin in the end.
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6t2ci2/never_before_seen_mike_hearn_satoshi_nakamoto/dliizv6/

What does he have to gain by revealing his identity.
It is not a question of what he has to gain but rather what does he have to lose? Regardless of who Satoshi really is, Satoshi was likely employed somewhere in the field of computers/coding/programming/IT. This means that if it was Google, IBM, Samsung, Microsoft, or even some small time software company, they all would have a legitimate claim to ownership of bitcoin's source code.  Unless you think Satoshi was unemployed, this is the most plausible reason he/she had to hide their identity.
colenax

Activity: 376

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:45:37 PM

many rumors about satosi. some say satosi no, some say satosi is artificial. nobody ever knew, all just rumors that developed. but the real is the advantage on bitcoin. one thing to be grateful for.

jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:57:48 PM

I did assume he was a single person but I hope I am wrong because I have not seen anyone which this crazy idea before, Well yes we developers do think of crazy ideas like this but I am sure I have not gone at so deep mechanism like the private and public key concept. satoshi was a genius because he has exposed a lot of knowledge to learn to normal public. After all, it was bitcoin which have found my hidden talent.
GendalfTheFireRed

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:07:02 PM

Satoshi looks like someone with much dedication to his project, considering the amount of Bitcoin that he has, the life he can have with those and that IMO he is not using much of those as he would be much more likely to be exposed if he did.

P.S. I guess Satoshi may be a woman, just find using gender neutral pronouns attracting too much attention. Number-of-people-neutral pronouns even more so  Smiley
AntonAnton

Activity: 225

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:17:10 PM

As far as I know, Satoshi is the developer of bitcoin and its component part-satoshi. I can assume that he hides his identity for fear of his life and health, as well as to prevent inconveniences caused by attention to popular and rich personalities
androidpobeditel

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:18:27 PM

I think that Satoshi is not one person, but a whole team. And they in advance assumed that their idea would succeed, so they very well disguised their tracks.
SkyscraperFarms

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:35:22 PM

As far as I know, Satoshi is the developer of bitcoin and its component part-satoshi. I can assume that he hides his identity for fear of his life and health, as well as to prevent inconveniences caused by attention to popular and rich personalities
Man, I am starting to think that someone, perhaps Satoshi/Mike Hearn himself has created spam bots that just spew nonsense on any topic that is created or bumped to the top of the queue that has anything to do with or mentions Satoshi.
Emilia7

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:02:16 PM

He was the only one who benefited humanity
people are referred to as senior developers Satoshi.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:52:24 PM

Man, I am starting to think that someone, perhaps Satoshi/Mike Hearn himself has created spam bots that just spew nonsense on any topic that is created or bumped to the top of the queue that has anything to do with or mentions Satoshi.

123kape123

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:01:42 PM

As i know satoshi is a creator of bitcoin because he his identy It is always better for a decentralized application inventor to be anonymous. That helps the "community effect" where the community knows that the application belongs to the community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: