Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:12:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prediction for this coming week, BTC to $150 by Friday 19-04-2013  (Read 6858 times)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:55:18 PM

WOW... I'm amazed also. Based on your brief posting history here I figured you would be one of our new permabears. Seems you are more reasonable than that. I think being perma anything is a tad extreme, leaves no room for error. hehe Grin

I've never been perma-anything other than perma-right Smiley
So far, I haven't been wrong about a single prediction I've made on this forum yet.

I held when people were selling at 160 and 190.
I sold at 235 the morning before the bubble burst.
When it burst and dropped to 150, people said buy, but I said it would continue to sub-100.
At 79 I bought up and sold at 100+.
I correctly stated yesterday's run-up to 130 was a bull trap, and it's since dropped to 100.

I've been right every single time, and I will be right on this. We will see 150+ by week's end, possibly 160. From there it will stabilize and slowly appreciate, no bubble burst this time Smiley

I also started my active career in the forum as a bear, but that lasted for about 2 days. After wising up, I have been right on everything, so welcome to the club! Smiley Except that my take for the next week is rise to $150 by Wednesday, and a muted dippish weekend as per the "normal order of late March, 2013". Only one of us can be right on this one, or perhaps both, what do you say?

Btw Tesla was a genius.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
NikolaTesla (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:59:00 PM

Meh, maybe it could be Wednesday. I said 150-160 by Friday. Other posters are saying 170-180. We'll just have to wait and see.

One thing's for sure - the lack of action today is boring.
notig

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 07:24:32 PM

just looking at the pattern I have noticed..... usually monday and tuesday gox is somewhat attack free. I suppose someone wants the price to go up. Or maybe it just goes up because that is when most funds arrive and people don't like to wait to buy. But then wednesday and thursday there is usually a lag attack and also a crash. Just saying ........
NikolaTesla (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 07:34:04 PM

This time? The most positive press was on Thursday and Friday, with Friday getting the ABC front page about the Winklevii. Given the time it takes wire transfers to make it to exchanges, I project Wednesday and Thursday will be the most bullish of the week. But I think we'll start seeing the earliest action tomorrow.

People who made it to the bank Friday -> will be buying Monday
People who made it to the bank Sat -> will be buying Tuesday
People who make it to the bank tomorrow -> Will be buying Wednesday and Thursday (this will be the majority)
Some transfers take a little longer, and some people will have waited til Tuesday, so we'll see some action Friday and Sat as well.
Following week may see some latecomers who want to get in on the increase, which may result in a mini-bubble and a little volatility.
Month's end? We may well be seeing 170-200 coin.
bitrider

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:26:00 PM

Although I'm definitely a medium and long-term bull, I think the market wants to test the $50 lows before going much higher. You guys might be right about the 150 this week, but I think we will test the new lows - and this will help the bull be stronger for the medium term....Patience (or not). We will get there.

Disclosure. I have definitely not been right about everything like you guys Smiley) Except I got the big call right -buying as much coin as I could afford after the 2011 crash and then again last summer. So on the big calls, I'm doing great... Grin Grin
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:44:41 PM

Disclosure. I have definitely not been right about everything like you guys Smiley) Except I got the big call right -buying as much coin as I could afford after the 2011 crash and then again last summer. So on the big calls, I'm doing great... Grin Grin

Yeah, the important facts about Bitcoin are quite easy to list:
- The protocol is working fine, and the blocks are 90% empty
- 99% of the world does not own any bitcoins, 99.99% owns less than BTC1, 99.9999% owns less than BTC131.

So you can choose to be among the rich 1%, the super-rich 0.01% or the ultra-rich 0.0001%  Cheesy

The early adopter advantage is ruling supreme, almost everyone can still aim to be among the ultra-rich, and buying your way among the super-rich is not setting you back more than the cost of a decent meal  Cheesy Grin

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 08:49:57 PM

Maybe its time to see how strong the bitcoin / Hollywood connections can be tested?

If a celebrity - even at C level like the twins can have an effect, imagine what would happen if an A class celeb got on board?

But back to reality, we need this decentralised exchange working before we give Tom Cruise a ring! Wink

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
zoolander

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:46:39 PM

The chumps of the Facebook story are now investors in Bitcoin. Whoopie f***ing doo. The kind of people whose heads will be turned by this story won't be enough to prop-up Bitcoin's value. For me its a massive black mark against Bitcoin and another indication of speculation circus we're currently living through.
aqrulesms

Activity: 373

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:13:04 PM

I'm looking to recoup my losses, so let's hope you're right.

Grin

Long run I see BTC going only up so I'm not worried at all. That and my losses only total $140.

██ ██    ██ ██    ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██  ██
      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██    ██ ██ ██      ██    ██ ██ ██
   ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄
   ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██    ██  
▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
     ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
    ██  ▄  ▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄  ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
        ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
        ▀▀  ▀ ▀▀ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀  ▀  ██ ██
         ██ ██ ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ██ ██ ▄ ▄▄
           ▄▄  ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀      ▄▄ ▀▀
           ▀▀    ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀
UCHAIN  ▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
.████████████████████████.
██████████████████████████
███▄     ███████     ▄████
█████     █████     ██████
█████ ▌    ███▌     ██████
█████ █     █▌ ▐    ██████
█████ ██      ▐█    ██████
█████ ███    ▐██    ██████
████▀ ▀███   ███    ██████
██▀     ▀██ ██▀      ▀████
██████████████▀     ▀█████
███ ▀████████▌        ▄███
███    ▀████▀        ▄████
███                 ▐█████
████                ▐█████
██████              ██████
███████           ▄███████
██████▀         ▄█████████
████▄▄      ▄▄████████████
.███████████████████████.
█████████████████████████
███████████████████▀▀▀███
█████████████▀▀▀ ▄    ███
████████▀▀     ▄█▀   ▐███
████▀▀       ▄█▀     ████
█▀         ▄██      ▐████
████▄▄▄  ▄██▀       █████
███████████        ▐█████
██████████         ██████
██████████ ▄██▄▄  ▐██████
█████████████████████████
.███████████████████████.
queequeg

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 01:03:23 AM

I think you're right - between people waiting to get verified, and the simple fact that bank wires should be clearing Mon Tues Wed.  Should see a temporary yet significant price increase.

And yes, I also hope so Smiley
NikolaTesla (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:31:16 PM

Today may not see much; Tuesday + Wednesday will be bigger, Thursday will be biggest. Definitely still long at this point.
bitrider

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:48:33 PM

Yeah, the important facts about Bitcoin are quite easy to list:
- The protocol is working fine, and the blocks are 90% empty
- 99% of the world does not own any bitcoins, 99.99% owns less than BTC1, 99.9999% owns less than BTC131.

So you can choose to be among the rich 1%, the super-rich 0.01% or the ultra-rich 0.0001%  Cheesy

The early adopter advantage is ruling supreme, almost everyone can still aim to be among the ultra-rich, and buying your way among the super-rich is not setting you back more than the cost of a decent meal  Cheesy Grin

Well said! May it be so  Grin
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:48:52 PM

I have been wrong so far this week. The bears are holding their ground. Every day in $100 reduces the chances to run to $150 this week, so I would be willing to bet 1:1 that we do not reach it. No actual bets though, just my guess.

Mt.Gox is no more representative of the OTC price of bitcoin, if anyone is interested.. Even if Gox hits $150, it is unlikely that OTC will follow.

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:55:27 PM

I have been wrong so far this week. The bears are holding their ground. Every day in $100 reduces the chances to run to $150 this week, so I would be willing to bet 1:1 that we do not reach it. No actual bets though, just my guess.

Mt.Gox is no more representative of the OTC price of bitcoin, if anyone is interested.. Even if Gox hits $150, it is unlikely that OTC will follow.

I don't think the bears have proven anything, it's just the bulls are, for some reasons, reluctant to advance as of now.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:57:19 PM

I don't think the bears have proven anything, it's just the bulls are, for some reasons, reluctant to advance as of now.

Too busy absorbing 1 million bear BTC.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
phatsphere

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:58:04 PM

I think you all are too optimistic. We are maybe getting the first tiny green daily candle today, maybe. But that's all. Just relax for a week …
bitrider

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 03:11:12 PM

We are a couple of hours into the US morning and I see no buying pressure at all. Everyone is waiting. I agree with RP that the longer we see hesitation, the less likely 150 this week, I think the more likely we need to move down to check support levels.

And many of us were following China's lead during the run-up...take a look.

https://btcchina.com/

bitrider

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 03:20:57 PM

Just relax for a week …

Agreed. Or two. Or three.

What's the rush?? Have faith in the coin and think in terms of months and years. That's why I'm here, and that's why I guess most of you are here. I too got into the hysteria of the last couple of months  - it was a blast - but that was just the wake up call to the world. Now let bitcoin really show its stuff, in its own time, and at it own pace... I'm betting you and I will be very happy, and sooner than the world thinks.
justanickname

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:55:13 AM

WOW... I'm amazed also. Based on your brief posting history here I figured you would be one of our new permabears. Seems you are more reasonable than that. I think being perma anything is a tad extreme, leaves no room for error. hehe Grin

I've never been perma-anything other than perma-right Smiley
So far, I haven't been wrong about a single prediction I've made on this forum yet.

I held when people were selling at 160 and 190.
I sold at 235 the morning before the bubble burst.
When it burst and dropped to 150, people said buy, but I said it would continue to sub-100.
At 79 I bought up and sold at 100+.
I correctly stated yesterday's run-up to 130 was a bull trap, and it's since dropped to 100.

I've been right every single time, and I will be right on this. We will see 150+ by week's end, possibly 160. From there it will stabilize and slowly appreciate, no bubble burst this time Smiley

So do you still think that "we will see 150+ by week's end" ?
xorglub

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:56:18 AM

Thread has been renamed to "BTC to $1.50 by Friday" Cheesy

That's a little extreme... 100->150 is a 1.5x increase but 50->1.5 is a 33x decrease...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: