Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:52:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Way to Sell Bitcoin in My Situation?  (Read 2299 times)
viking02 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 04:09:27 AM

I'm from the USA but out of the country most of the time.  I have bitcoins that i like to sell.  I have sold bitcoin to people before and received online bank transfer.  I have bank of america.  However, the thing is those ppl are very reputable and i trust them.  They are not from this forum though. 

I have sold bitcoin using circle before and it was great... but they stopped allowing selling of bitcoin.  I also have coinbase account but never used it.

If i want to sell $1000 worth of bitcoin minimum each time, what is the best/safe method to do this?  Thus sometimes i want to sell $1000, other times $2000 and other times $3000 or more.  What is my best option?  What i would prefer is a bank transfer to my bank of america.  My problem is ppl have told me this could be reversed assuming the other person hacked someone elses bank of america account or they could possibly dispute the transfer.  Paypal is obviously the worst due to charge backs.  I read a wire is the best but doing this... it would require a few days to receive the wire.  So i would not send bitcoin then wait for wire unless that person is very reputable.  Thats why bank of america transfer is what i prefer the most.  But the people i have in contact with usually don't need bitcoin and even if they do, its not a lot of bitcoin.  I read about bitpay which is a debit card.  Thoughts on this?  I read its 9.95 to order the card and max 750 usd you can withdraw at a bank atm.  Max is 3000 usd.  Has anyone done this?  I cannot do this though since im out of the country and cant get the card while here.  But would this be a good option in the usa?  Im curious how much in total fees you have to pay to sell 3000 usd worth of bitcoin in an atm.  Anyone know?

I know ppl here also sell bitcoin for skrill/neteller and other similar things.  But these are reversible as im told.  The other thing is i dont need skrill/neteller funds since i cannot cash these amount to my american bank account.  Thus when i have skrill/neteller funds, i have to actually trade them for bank of america transfer etc so its frustrating etc since im an american and outside the us.  thus any money that i want to transfer to bank, its to my bank of america bank account.

I would obviously prefer to sell bitcoin via boa transfer or wire transfer.  So what options do i have for this?  I read about exchanges.  Are those legit?  if so... which ones?  I have an american bank account in bank of america thus it has to accept americans.  Say i want to sell $3000 worth of bitcoin.  How much in fees would i have to pay?  And would the payment i receive usually be ACH?  Or would it be wire?  If circle still allowed selling of bitcoin, i would definitely choose this option but they no longer allow you to sell bitcoin. 

Thanks.

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 06:46:41 AM

In America is it not possible to sell bitcoin locally? As localbitcoin provides option for your question. Another way I think it is possible is to convert your bitcoin to PayPal and PayPal to credit your account using bank transfer. Though PayPal will require many documents and verification of your USA address before doing any transfer of the amount you talking about.
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 06:59:49 AM

In America is it not possible to sell bitcoin locally? As localbitcoin provides option for your question. Another way I think it is possible is to convert your bitcoin to PayPal and PayPal to credit your account using bank transfer. Though PayPal will require many documents and verification of your USA address before doing any transfer of the amount you talking about.

The guy lives outside USA.He can`t trade locally.
It`s too risky to sell such large amount of bitcoins with ANY payment method.
I don`t think that there is a satisfying solution for your problem.

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:09:33 AM

Have you tried Cex.io or not? all you'll need is to provide IDs and phone with home address with proof of residency, so if you are trying to sell and have money for legit business and have no fear I think Kraken.com and Cex.io and unfortunately yobit are your options.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:57:54 AM

check out the bitcoin exchanges that are offering bitcoin/fiat(USD) exchange https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/
and find out which one of them is more suited to your needs. they mostly offer the same options for bank transfer sometimes with different fees,...
i believe your best and easiest option would be coinbase as you already have an account there. but generally you can use any exchange for selling bitcoin for current price as long as that exchange is trusted and all the high volume exchanges nowadays are trusted to some extent.
my suggestions: coinbase, bitstamp, kraken, cex.io, bitfinex
but make sure to check out their ToS and fees.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 08:01:48 AM

Well other than what the others have suggested, tried finding an ATM? If you're in the US there should be a few especially in Cali. I've used one in Austin but they charged a 2% transaction fee which was ridiculous. If all fails just go "dark"  Wink
jacaf01

Activity: 742

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 08:10:22 AM

I don't know those countries you always move to, but I'm sure localbitcoin will be there to use. I'm not sure the numbers of days you spent out of America but it is possible to convert your Bitcoin to Fiat before leaving since $3000 is below the amount you are allowed to traveled with

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
terrate

Activity: 362
Merit: 100

Newbie in online currency , love learning

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 11:20:43 AM

the most easiest way is looking your local exchange.
or see coinbase support ur living country or not.

i not really understand your situation.
hopefully my little suggestion can help u.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 12:02:46 PM

I don't know those countries you always move to, but I'm sure localbitcoin will be there to use. I'm not sure the numbers of days you spent out of America but it is possible to convert your Bitcoin to Fiat before leaving since $3000 is below the amount you are allowed to traveled with
yeah localbitcoins exchange is available in everywhere to sell your bitcoin and you are right that there is some limit of cash to travel and i also prefer that localbitcoins exchange is good.
viking02 (OP)

Activity: 770

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 04:36:15 AM

Is there some service or people here that buy bitcoin regularly?  thus that way i can always sell bitcoin to them and ask if they need etc?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 06:03:22 PM

Is there some service or people here that buy bitcoin regularly?  thus that way i can always sell bitcoin to them and ask if they need etc?

yes,https://localbitcoins.com/ is one of the best options for you IMHO
make sure you pick a trusted buyer/seller and don't get scammed
another option would be checking Trade section of the forum here (always use escrow)

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 06:42:10 PM

yes,https://localbitcoins.com/ is one of the best options for you IMHO
make sure you pick a trusted buyer/seller and don't get scammed
another option would be checking Trade section of the forum here (always use escrow)

As mentioned bitcoin localbitcoins is a good suggestion. On selecting the right trader with the help of the reviews and successful trades. It gives access to most other payment process and also helps find a trader in person and make the trade.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 07:51:57 PM

I'm from the USA but out of the country most of the time.  I have bitcoins that i like to sell.  I have sold bitcoin to people before and received online bank transfer.  I have bank of america.  However, the thing is those ppl are very reputable and i trust them.  They are not from this forum though. 

I have sold bitcoin using circle before and it was great... but they stopped allowing selling of bitcoin.  I also have coinbase account but never used it.

If i want to sell $1000 worth of bitcoin minimum each time, what is the best/safe method to do this?  Thus sometimes i want to sell $1000, other times $2000 and other times $3000 or more.  What is my best option?  What i would prefer is a bank transfer to my bank of america.  My problem is ppl have told me this could be reversed assuming the other person hacked someone elses bank of america account or they could possibly dispute the transfer.  Paypal is obviously the worst due to charge backs.  I read a wire is the best but doing this... it would require a few days to receive the wire.  So i would not send bitcoin then wait for wire unless that person is very reputable.  Thats why bank of america transfer is what i prefer the most.  But the people i have in contact with usually don't need bitcoin and even if they do, its not a lot of bitcoin.  I read about bitpay which is a debit card.  Thoughts on this?  I read its 9.95 to order the card and max 750 usd you can withdraw at a bank atm.  Max is 3000 usd.  Has anyone done this?  I cannot do this though since im out of the country and cant get the card while here.  But would this be a good option in the usa?  Im curious how much in total fees you have to pay to sell 3000 usd worth of bitcoin in an atm.  Anyone know?
Thanks.

Have you tried to take a look at wirex (as known as e-coin) bitcoin debit cards, if you need these funds to sell and then to purchase something online then you do this directly online like POS or online transaction and there is no limit as you can see here https://wirexapp.com/cards/ but also if you verify your account then you can withdraw maximum of $2000 €2000 £1600 within on day!
Mkmanik

Activity: 986
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 11:55:04 PM

Have you tried to take a look at Localbitcoins? I think localbitcoins is the best way for selling Bitcoin for local currency.Its a great trading platform.Anywhere you are, siteyou will found local people for buy sell bitcoin.I am using paxful and localbitcoins for exchanging bitcoin in local currency.Those sites are easy to use and both are totally safe and secure and dont forget Using 2 Facter Authentication.Hope both 2 site will help you for selling bitcoin in a local currency.
TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 12:02:48 AM

You can still have people do a cash deposit to your bank account.  To avoid a mitm scam, have the trader write something on the receipt, like "paying for bitcoin from viking02.  No refunds" and have the trader upload a receipt before releasing bitcoin.

With this method, the trader will probably want assurances that you will release as promised.  You may thus need a trusted escrow provider.

This method does expose you to providing personal bank info.  But with some vetting, you should be able to find trustworthy traders.

I may be interested in trading with you, depending on logistics and rates.  Please pm me if interested.

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:26:13 PM

I have bought and sold on Coinbase with my bank account. Even if you are out of the country, you can have the funds deposited to your American bank account.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:40:24 PM

What about a Xapo account and their debit card ?

Xapo has comparatively lesser fee structure for their debit cards. I guess any bitcoin debit card providers will be able to solve your problem of selling bitcoins for your case of traveling internationally.

Xapo needs to pass their verification process once you cross your limit of $2000 worth of bitcoins till then just mobile verification is more than enough with them.
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:50:25 PM

I have bought and sold on Coinbase with my bank account. Even if you are out of the country, you can have the funds deposited to your American bank account.
FYI coinbase is regulated and they own your bitcoins if you deposit it there.Plus you never know if they decide to block your account tomorrow without giving an excuse.Im trading for about 2 years now and not a single good trader has good opinions about the service they provide.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:08:51 PM

I also will suggest localbitcoin to be the only option in OP case. Other option is to send the bitcoins to some of your friends in another country and then send you money via perfectmoney or skrill etc.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 07:00:48 PM

Skrill can be withdrawn to your US bank account. I do it.

If you are afraid of scams, sell the btc on an exchange and have the money wired to your bank.

I can give you PayPal for your BTC, see my signature. I am also a Pro Trader on localbitcoins.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: