Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:57:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S9, no matter what frequency I still get XXXXXs  (Read 759 times)
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 08:31:03 AM

It was running for more than a day and then suddenly all XXXXs. I tried lower frequency but I still get XXXXs.
All other miners are running without any issues, max temperature is 88 degrees C.
I haven't tried resetting it and I'm not sure if it will help.
Any ideas ?

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 03:45:51 AM

May be to physically power it off, wait for about 30 seconds and power it back on.  Wait for 10 minutes and log into the control panel 1st page and look for status.  If you see some error connection refused, then the PCB may still in the process of initialization.

It was running for more than a day and then suddenly all XXXXs. I tried lower frequency but I still get XXXXs.
All other miners are running without any issues, max temperature is 88 degrees C.
Any ideas ?

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 10:28:54 AM

May be to physically power it off, wait for about 30 seconds and power it back on.  Wait for 10 minutes and log into the control panel 1st page and look for status.  If you see some error connection refused, then the PCB may still in the process of initialization.

Any ideas ?

I have some "Name CRC failed on node at ..." in kernel log and here's the log which says that CPU failed to enable
Code:
SLUB: HWalign=64, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=2, Nodes=1
Hierarchical RCU implementation.
NR_IRQS:16 nr_irqs:16 16
sched_clock: 32 bits at 100MHz, resolution 10ns, wraps every 42949ms
Console: colour dummy device 80x30
Calibrating delay loop... 1196.85 BogoMIPS (lpj=5984256)
pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301
Mount-cache hash table entries: 512
CPU: Testing write buffer coherency: ok
ftrace: allocating 17687 entries in 52 pages
CPU0: thread -1, cpu 0, socket 0, mpidr 80000000
Setting up static identity map for 0x804ab220 - 0x804ab278
CPU1: failed to come online
Brought up 1 CPUs
SMP: Total of 1 processors activated (1196.85 BogoMIPS).
CPU: All CPU(s) started in SVC mode.
devtmpfs: initialized
NET: Registered protocol family 16
fpga bridge driver
DMA: preallocated 256 KiB pool for atomic coherent allocations
L310 cache controller enabled
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 10:06:53 PM

Reseting won't help also neither unpluging even for 30 mins
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 07:09:49 PM

Any ideas ?

anybody ?
somebody ?
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 07:25:12 PM

What is the model of the S9?

If it is an earlier model or a model without the auto tune firmware, you may want to try to flash it with the newest firmware. Or even try to re-flash it with same if it already contains the latest FW. When it comes back up for the first time, it will let you set the frequency that one time. Set it to the frequency it is supposed to run at.

I'm not one to randomly suggest flashing miner firmware. My thoughts are if it ain't broke, don't mess with it. But in your case, it is broke. So what do you have to loose?

I flashed a flakey older S9 that was showing random X's on all boards no mater what frequency it was set to. Amazingly, the newest S9 firmware took care of that problem and the S9 is still hashing away at its stated frequency after over 3 weeks with no X's.

The new firmware will raise your PCB and chip temps by about 10c. But I have had no issues with mine since flashing.

If you try that, let us know what happens.

Good luck!! Smiley

EDIT: A note of warning!!! After flashing, it MAY take as long as 30 minutes to come back up. BE PATIENT and wait. The new firmware takes a long time to start up each time it is powered on. Again, BE PATIENT and don't try powering it off.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:41:37 PM

What is the model of the S9?

If it is an earlier model or a model without the auto tune firmware, you may want to try to flash it with the newest firmware. Or even try to re-flash it with same if it already contains the latest FW. When it comes back up for the first time, it will let you set the frequency that one time. Set it to the frequency it is supposed to run at.

I'm not one to randomly suggest flashing miner firmware. My thoughts are if it ain't broke, don't mess with it. But in your case, it is broke. So what do you have to loose?

I flashed a flakey older S9 that was showing random X's on all boards no mater what frequency it was set to. Amazingly, the newest S9 firmware took care of that problem and the S9 is still hashing away at its stated frequency after over 3 weeks with no X's.

The new firmware will raise your PCB and chip temps by about 10c. But I have had no issues with mine since flashing.

If you try that, let us know what happens.

Good luck!! Smiley

EDIT: A note of warning!!! After flashing, it MAY take as long as 30 minutes to come back up. BE PATIENT and wait. The new firmware takes a long time to start up each time it is powered on. Again, BE PATIENT and don't try powering it off.
Quite rough situation here, I actually have 3 different batches, first thing I thought was to swap the hashing boards and plug them on another S9 which is working perfectly and see if it works, if yeas than I have to change BB board. Since I have only remote access to my hardware till the Feb 20 I think I'll try with firmware and I'm also afraid of it because I never did it before, July and August batches are with their original firmware no changes has been made since then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: