Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:54:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SELLING] 1 OZ silver coin IN STOCK  (Read 3920 times)
FFrankie (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 01:15:15 PM

I guess it's difficult for you to read my sarcasm.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:53:40 AM

I guess I kinda got a big update to announce.

I received the silver blanks a few days ago and I was pleasantly surprised that they where all ready rimmed and look better than I thought they would, I will post a photo of them in the OP.

The stamper was delayed heavily, should have only taken about a week to come to me, but I just received the tracking number for it and I should have it by friday SO on friday I will posting pictures of one finished set (without the engraving) and I expect these to be shipping the 24th the latest.

My time table right now is this:

Receive stamper on February 9th,
have coins stamped and ready to be sent to engraver on the 15th.
Receive coins back from engraver on the 22nd.

BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:03:35 AM

I received the silver blanks a few days ago and I was pleasantly surprised that they where all ready rimmed and look better than I thought they would, I will post a photo of them in the OP.

The stamper was delayed heavily, should have only taken about a week to come to me, but I just received the tracking number for it and I should have it by friday SO on friday I will posting pictures of one finished set (without the engraving) and I expect these to be shipping the 24th the latest.

Nice looking silver rounds, I hope you use cotton gloves when you touch them... Also will your die have ".999 silver" 
Liad.Services

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 01:17:50 PM

Sounds cool!
Update us with some pictures once you have it.
Are you planning on making a test portotype at first, or you are just going to mint them all at once?
Either ways, the Dies look neat, and I hope the design and the stamping machine is quality enough.
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:00:34 PM

Nice looking silver rounds, I hope you use cotton gloves when you touch them... Also will your die have ".999 silver"  

It will not,

I have been using pieces of an old tshirt, but I do not think that the guy at the machine shop is gonna wear cotton gloves but I can certainly request it lol

Sounds cool!
Update us with some pictures once you have it.
Are you planning on making a test portotype at first, or you are just going to mint them all at once?
Either ways, the Dies look neat, and I hope the design and the stamping machine is quality enough.

Its going to be stamped with a 60 ton hydraulic press, which to my understanding presses it in, when it reality it should be quickly struck to leave the design. But I am hoping since silver is malleable, that I made my design thick enough and that it will come out looking good
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:02:50 AM

If you are not going to worry about the finish..Consider artificially toning them.. they could be dipped in a chemical that will darken them and give different colors of blues or reds...Just in idea
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:23:25 AM

If you are not going to worry about the finish..Consider artificially toning them.. they could be dipped in a chemical that will darken them and give different colors of blues or reds...Just in idea

Thats a great idea, I am not going to do that for this batch. But possibly the next one.... I havn't seen anyone do that.

Blood red lol
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:17:38 AM

I would like to see .999 silver stamped on it if possible.  Is there a reason that wouldn't be doable?

FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:23:02 AM

I would like to see .999 silver stamped on it if possible.  Is there a reason that wouldn't be doable?

Because I all ready ordered the stamper. I could get it in engraved but that would add a cost of $6 to each set...
digicoinuser
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:27:31 AM

I would like to see .999 silver stamped on it if possible.  Is there a reason that wouldn't be doable?

Because I all ready ordered the stamper. I could get it in engraved but that would add a cost of $6 to each set...

You could let them know a mistake was made and you need the stamper corrected.   Wink

In my eyes it's a large oversight and I'd expect people to question why the pure silver item isn't marked as such.  If anything you could purchase one of the $10 stamps from etsy/ebay and hammer it in yourself.

FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:35:18 AM

I would like to see .999 silver stamped on it if possible.  Is there a reason that wouldn't be doable?

You could let them know a mistake was made and you need the stamper corrected.   Wink

In my eyes it's a large oversight and I'd expect people to question why the pure silver item isn't marked as such.  If anything you could purchase one of the $10 stamps from etsy/ebay and hammer it in yourself.

Show me where I can get a $10 stamper that says .999 silver on it ;p

I guess I could, that is a really good idea better than getting it engraved...

The only one I can find is

https://www.etsy.com/listing/250063316/round-custom-design-or-logo-jewelry

and this guy literally as the worst customer service on the entire planet.
digicoinuser
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:36:40 AM

https://www.etsy.com/listing/274007926/15mm-999-fine-silver-mark-metal-stamp

FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:40:24 AM

https://www.etsy.com/listing/274007926/15mm-999-fine-silver-mark-metal-stamp

Wow. Problem solved, thanks so much.

Now, I guess I will PM everyone that ordered one to see what they want it to say.
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:34:23 AM

Are you going to hammer in your username on them? i dont think id want one without it...thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:54:16 AM

Are you going to hammer in your username on them? i dont think id want one without it...thanks!

I am not,
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 05:11:03 AM

that's too bad, i think you would actually get more sales if you did to be honest Smiley

FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 05:13:23 AM

that's too bad, i think you would actually get more sales if you did to be honest Smiley

I 100000% doubt that

Maybe series 5 or 6 could have my username on it.

My username isnt appealing, I do not see why anyone would want it on a coin
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:14:09 AM

I 100000% doubt that

series 5 or 6?

what are you doing for series 2-4?

I would probably get a silver coin if you stamped your username on it the right way with all the proper items pre mentioned adn the price was right.
Doubt id wait 5 more series though lol

FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 03:38:13 PM

I 100000% doubt that

series 5 or 6?

I would probably get a silver coin if you stamped your username on it the right way with all the proper items pre mentioned adn the price was right.

Well series 2 will be a half ounce coin, series 3 will be a 1/4 ounce coin and series 4 will be 1/10 ounce coin and series 5 will be a 2 ounce coin.

The coins are currently at the machine shop now, but David hornby of magtraonics messed up my design so the only thing it as is the year and the B. No "F" or impression for the private key. He has not answered any of my emails either in weeks.

Series 2 will feature a much better design different front and back.
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 06:17:23 PM

I 100000% doubt that

series 5 or 6?

Well series 2 will be a half ounce coin, series 3 will be a 1/4 ounce coin and series 4 will be 1/10 ounce coin and series 5 will be a 2 ounce coin.

The coins are currently at the machine shop now, but David hornby of magtraonics messed up my design so the only thing it as is the year and the B. No "F" or impression for the private key. He has not answered any of my emails either in weeks.

Series 2 will feature a much better design different front and back.

Sounds Promising.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: