Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:17:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Greek Bitcoiners here?  (Read 1325 times)
Bitcoin Swami (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 02:43:44 AM

I'm not, just wondering what its like there now.  Seems like a great place to introduce a new currency idea. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
3phase

Activity: 313
Merit: 251

Third score

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:18:53 AM

At least one  Smiley

Άντε να δoύμε πoυ θα βγεί.

Fiat no more.
Δoκιμάστε τo http://multibit.org - Bitcoin client τώρα και στα Eλληνικά
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 12:01:52 PM

two
pyrrhos

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 01:45:32 PM

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 08:33:28 PM

Tessera

Den eimai ellinas, alla kapos milao ligo ellinika.  Emeina 2 xronia stin athina.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 08:48:42 PM

Well Greece are tied to the Euro, though there has been speculation about cutting greece from it. But thats probably not going to happen...

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 08:51:47 PM

Well Greece are tied to the Euro, though there has been speculation about cutting greece from it. But thats probably not going to happen...

I thought Greeks dealt in gold and silver coins. At least, that's what I learned from watching Hercules and Xena.
3phase

Activity: 313
Merit: 251

Third score

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 03:34:50 AM

I thought Greeks dealt in gold and silver coins. At least, that's what I learned from watching Hercules and Xena.

Well, we'll be leaving the Euro first (pretty soon), unless the Germans get to win that race.

And BTW, Hercules (your version) and Xena are Australians, not Greeks.

We have had black market economy and barter for thousands of years, under any conqueror. We will survive, no matter how hard it will be. It's only a pity that Bitcoin only exists for a couple of years. If it was a more established currency, as I expect it to be in a few years time, then any transition would be much easier.

Think that any weekend from now on can be default weekend for us. The government on a Friday night will declare a 3-day holiday for banks on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so that they have time to print new currency and change our Euros to devalued Drachmas. And freeze deposits at the same time.

Bitcoins FTW.

Fiat no more.
Δoκιμάστε τo http://multibit.org - Bitcoin client τώρα και στα Eλληνικά
PGPpfKkx

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 03:50:19 PM

we will not return to drachma at least for 6 months.
BubbleBoy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 04:26:20 PM

Using bitcoins is just about the same as using euros. What Greece is looking at right now is either:
1. Flip the finger to it's creditors, and restructure it's debt (read "default on it")
2. Monetize it's debt by printing drachmas
3. A combinations of the above

The failure of Greece if not a monetary fiasco, it's a fiscal, governmental and democratic fiasco.

████
              ▄▄████▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
   ▄████▀                  ▀████▄
  ▐███▀                      ▀███▌
 ▐███▀   ████▄  ████  ▄████   ▀███▌
 ████    █████▄ ████ ▄█████    ████
▐███▌    ██████▄████▄██████    ▐███▌
████     ██████████████████     ████
████     ████ ████████ ████     ████
████     ████  ██████  ████     ████
▐███▌    ████   ████   ████    ▐███▌
 ████    ████   ████   ████    ████
 ▐███▄   ████   ████   ████   ▄███▌
  ▐███▄                      ▄███▌
   ▀████▄                  ▄████▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀████▀▀
                ████
MIDEX
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ GET TOKENS ▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM                                # WEB ANN + Bounty <
with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers           > Telegram Facebook Twitter Blog #
PGPpfKkx

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 06:59:49 PM

Using bitcoins is just about the same as using euros. What Greece is looking at right now is either:
1. Flip the finger to it's creditors, and restructure it's debt (read "default on it")
2. Monetize it's debt by printing drachmas
3. A combinations of the above

The failure of Greece if not a monetary fiasco, it's a fiscal, governmental and democratic fiasco.

more so bad governments.listen to this:

public *servants* (i like the word) were getting much more money than private employees and *without* the possibility of loosing their job EVER, no matter what they did. they could spit their boss in his face, and dont get fired.

of course taking this away from them, makes them protest. its natural. no economy can survive this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: