GalaxyASIC - 0 (0%)
DragonASIC - 0 (0%)
GPURigs - 0 (0%)
ASICRigs - 0 (0%)
GXMining - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinCanary.org [No Longer Updated] - All Known Vendors and Status  (Read 35057 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:44:50 PM

Awesome thread. Will keep this as one to watch. Really curious to see how the Avalon DIY projects pan out. Ready to throw a pile of BTC towards any legitimate project that materializes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Operatr (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 01:12:37 AM

Awesome thread. Will keep this as one to watch. Really curious to see how the Avalon DIY projects pan out. Ready to throw a pile of BTC towards any legitimate project that materializes.

I am working on a bigger version Cool  I have registered a new domain for it just yesterday, called CoinCanary.org (not up yet). It is to be a news blog and forum about the activities and scammeries of these companies. We'll venture deep into the mines to see if these things pass the smell test in a more transparent and visible way. Hopefully we can help put an end to people throwing their money away on these obvious scams with some education.

biaka

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:29:37 AM

Thank You for this~
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 02:12:41 PM

I am working on a bigger version Cool  I have registered a new domain for it just yesterday, called CoinCanary.org (not up yet). It is to be a news blog and forum about the activities and scammeries of these companies. We'll venture deep into the mines to see if these things pass the smell test in a more transparent and visible way. Hopefully we can help put an end to people throwing their money away on these obvious scams with some education.

Nice idea, can't wait.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
GPU Rigs

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 09:14:35 PM

I have answered another thread about our company website http://www.asicrigs.com in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=169969.0 please feel free to continue posting any questions, concerns or comments you have in there (so that I can keep track of feedback and answer your concerns in a timely manner).

Thank you.

Here's my question. This is the image you used on your facebook page:
http://www.fujitsu.com/us/news/pr/fsa_20121031.html

Start explaining.

It has already been explained numerous times IN THIS THREAD.

The images we are using on the site and our FB page presently are just mockups. Why you people can't read responses to questions that have already been answered before asking them again is beyond comprehension.

We're going to be posting another announcement tomorrow (hopefully, if we get all the specifics written in time) along with some other stuff that should make many in the mining community happy Cheesy
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 12:27:18 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 12:55:39 AM by FCTaiChi

Great resource, I can see I have a lot to learn!  Smiley  Wish I knew about this when I was making my chart.

asicminer.com link isn't working anymore..  maybe it's just offline atm, I think I was there yesterday

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 06:53:45 AM

I have answered another thread about our company website http://www.asicrigs.com in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=169969.0 please feel free to continue posting any questions, concerns or comments you have in there (so that I can keep track of feedback and answer your concerns in a timely manner).

Thank you.

Here's my question. This is the image you used on your facebook page:
http://www.fujitsu.com/us/news/pr/fsa_20121031.html

Start explaining.

It has already been explained numerous times IN THIS THREAD.

The images we are using on the site and our FB page presently are just mockups. Why you people can't read responses to questions that have already been answered before asking them again is beyond comprehension.

We're going to be posting another announcement tomorrow (hopefully, if we get all the specifics written in time) along with some other stuff that should make many in the mining community happy Cheesy

You are so full of shit GPURigs. Enjoy red status for all of your "mockups" and the fact your websites are taking BTC for products that don't exist. Show us something real now or go away.

Even if you are for real, which I severely doubt at this point, we would rather you post nothing than total fabrications just to make it seem like you have something.

Great resource, I can see I have a lot to learn!  Smiley  Wish I knew about this when I was making my chart.

asicminer.com link isn't working anymore..  maybe it's just offline atm, I think I was there yesterday

It is good there are more than just me putting together this information in a clearer way. Would you maybe be interested in working with me on CoinCanary?

GPU Rigs

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 02:47:40 PM

You are so full of shit GPURigs. Enjoy red status for all of your "mockups" and the fact your websites are taking BTC for products that don't exist. Show us something real now or go away.

Even if you are for real, which I severely doubt at this point, we would rather you post nothing than total fabrications just to make it seem like you have something.

Feel free to actually remove us from your list... See the press release below...

Wednesday 22nd May, 2013.
For Immediate Release.

ASIC Rigs, a privately owned and operated bitcoin mining device company, is pleased to announce that we have received, tested and confirmed that our stylish AR2 bitcoin mining device works to specification and is on track for completion by the middle of July 2013.

In addition, it has further been decided that effective immediately, given the results we have seen from the device tested in-house, ASIC Rigs will be withdrawing all of their asic mining devices from the open market place and concentrating our efforts on in-house asic mining only for the immediate future. What this mean in layman's terms is that we will no longer be selling our ASIC Rigs mining devices to the general public and our website will reflect this change shortly.

"With the hash rates we have seen from our testing device, coupled with the fact that bitcoin values appear to have stabilized, as a company it would be remiss of us not to seize the opportunity to utilize this technology for our own purposes" says the company founder and CEO.

Despite withdrawing our ASIC Rigs mining products from the open market, the company remains strong in their efforts to support the general bitcoin mining community and will offer customers who have already paid for their ASIC Rigs mining device the option of order fulfillment as originally planned or, a full refund of their payment.

We appreciate all of the support we have received over the past few months as we have been working to source, construct and fulfill interest in our product lines and would like to thank those of you whom have stood steadfast behind our company, despite much speculation from several individuals within the mining community as to the integrity of our company, with your continued support we look forward to growing as a company and the future growth of bitcoin as a viable alternative to standardized currency.

Please direct all requests for further information by email to support@asicrigs.com or see our Facebook page for more information on our companies growth over the coming months.

ASIC Rigs
http://www.asicrigs.com
support@asicrigs.com
dmcdad

Activity: 302

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:16:52 PM

Bwahahahahaha. Yeah, right. You all have fun doing in-house mining with those vapor rigs.
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 03:57:19 PM

Feel free to actually remove us from your list... See the press release below...

Wednesday 22nd May, 2013.
For Immediate Release.

ASIC Rigs, a privately owned and operated bitcoin mining device company, is pleased to announce that we have received, tested and confirmed that our stylish AR2 bitcoin mining device works to specification and is on track for completion by the middle of July 2013.

In addition, it has further been decided that effective immediately, given the results we have seen from the device tested in-house, ASIC Rigs will be withdrawing all of their asic mining devices from the open market place and concentrating our efforts on in-house asic mining only for the immediate future. What this mean in layman's terms is that we will no longer be selling our ASIC Rigs mining devices to the general public and our website will reflect this change shortly.

"With the hash rates we have seen from our testing device, coupled with the fact that bitcoin values appear to have stabilized, as a company it would be remiss of us not to seize the opportunity to utilize this technology for our own purposes" says the company founder and CEO.

Despite withdrawing our ASIC Rigs mining products from the open market, the company remains strong in their efforts to support the general bitcoin mining community and will offer customers who have already paid for their ASIC Rigs mining device the option of order fulfillment as originally planned or, a full refund of their payment.

We appreciate all of the support we have received over the past few months as we have been working to source, construct and fulfill interest in our product lines and would like to thank those of you whom have stood steadfast behind our company, despite much speculation from several individuals within the mining community as to the integrity of our company, with your continued support we look forward to growing as a company and the future growth of bitcoin as a viable alternative to standardized currency.

Please direct all requests for further information by email to support@asicrigs.com or see our Facebook page for more information on our companies growth over the coming months.

ASIC Rigs
http://www.asicrigs.com
support@asicrigs.com

Withdrawing what miners? Those ones you never showed us a working version of ever? Not only will you not be coming off my list, I will be advocating that people stay away from your scammy "business"

Who is your CEO, and WHO ARE YOU for that matter?

I had the respect for the community to post my details quite publicly

Lets see it. This press release is cute but ultimately means nothing, it is just words.

FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 01:28:24 AM

It is good there are more than just me putting together this information in a clearer way. Would you maybe be interested in working with me on CoinCanary?

Sounds interesting!  What is your vision for the site?

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 03:15:02 AM

Sounds interesting!  What is your vision for the site?

Ill PM you

Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 06:22:41 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 06:45:07 PM by Operatr

I did some research on this new Cryoniks all the kids are talking about these days-

Well, more digging-

The CEO FAHAD KOUMAIHA is involved with another business called Crypteks  

Also another thing called Cryptrade  http://www.cryptrade.com/#/home

Notice on the Crypteks Facebook, a like for Bitwize  https://www.facebook.com/crypteks, and Bitwize linkage on the Cryptrade home page with a very similar template used by Cryoniks

Kickstarter that has people questioning them as fraudulent with refund run-arounds   http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crypteks/crypteks-usbtm-encrypted-and-lockable-usb-solution/comments, speculation that the business is actually run from Lebanon

Reddit has plenty to say on this

Particularly-

As horrible as it is for the backers, it's a sad fact that not every company will be able to make it. What's "dark" and terrible about this company is that they chose to neither communicate properly to their backers, nor were competent enough to give refunds.
I've been checking out kickstarter for a while. They do their best to see real material and such before approving projects for their site. While, yes, try do make money regardless of whether the project delivers or not, they DO actively block people to abuse their platform. I mean, they require something real and tangible for most projects. Software is the only real exception there, and perhaps a few games. I think they do a good job policing projects before they get approved. And, if the projects take your money and run, it doesn't look good for them, either.
And, like they've said, and numerous others have said, this is product investment by crowd. It's a risk. You're not pre-ordering or buying a product, you're giving them funding. If thing go the way they're supposed to, you get something back. And, if not, you get a refund. If you don't, some time of legal recourse should be appropriate, or just calling your credit card company and nixing the charge. The only time it's not really a risk is if it's a successful person or company that's finished one project, delivered, and then put another up.
Those guys should be ashamed of themselves for not communicating properly. If they need more time because of delays, say so. If you completely failed, detail why. Crowd-funding isn't just about getting money. It's about small companies and groups learning how to put out products without having massive debts or big name investors reaching down their backs. Some people wouldn't be able to deliver something at all if it wasn't for this model. Sharing your mistakes is more important that sharing your successes. It helps show the way for others. It's not just crowd-funding, it's crowd-learning about entrepreneurship.

Previous registration for another business in MI

TRAKTRADE LLC was formed on 2006-01-12 in Michigan by FAHAD KOUMAIHA.

FORMATION
Universal ID
MI-B7333X
Name
TRAKTRADE LLC
Registration Number
B7333X
Type
Domestic Limited Liability Company
Kind
Domestic Limited Liabilit
Status
ACTIVE, BUT NOT IN GOOD STANDING AS OF 2-17-2009 (just means they didn't refile the LLC)
Formation Date
2006-01-12
OFFICERS
Registered Agent
FAHAD KOUMAIHA

It seems like Ed Trice is all over this too with previous scammery involving these nitrogen cooling units but I havn't found any solid linkage there

RED ALERT

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:55:26 PM

I did some research on this new Cryoniks all the kids are talking about these days-

Well, more digging-

The CEO FAHAD KOUMAIHA is involved with another business called Crypteks  

Also another thing called Cryptrade  http://www.cryptrade.com/#/home

Notice on the Crypteks Facebook, a like for Bitwize  https://www.facebook.com/crypteks, and Bitwize linkage on the Cryptrade home page with a very similar template used by Cryoniks

Kickstarter that has people questioning them as fraudulent with refund run-arounds   http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crypteks/crypteks-usbtm-encrypted-and-lockable-usb-solution/comments, speculation that the business is actually run from Lebanon

Reddit has plenty to say on this

Particularly-

As horrible as it is for the backers, it's a sad fact that not every company will be able to make it. What's "dark" and terrible about this company is that they chose to neither communicate properly to their backers, nor were competent enough to give refunds.
I've been checking out kickstarter for a while. They do their best to see real material and such before approving projects for their site. While, yes, try do make money regardless of whether the project delivers or not, they DO actively block people to abuse their platform. I mean, they require something real and tangible for most projects. Software is the only real exception there, and perhaps a few games. I think they do a good job policing projects before they get approved. And, if the projects take your money and run, it doesn't look good for them, either.
And, like they've said, and numerous others have said, this is product investment by crowd. It's a risk. You're not pre-ordering or buying a product, you're giving them funding. If thing go the way they're supposed to, you get something back. And, if not, you get a refund. If you don't, some time of legal recourse should be appropriate, or just calling your credit card company and nixing the charge. The only time it's not really a risk is if it's a successful person or company that's finished one project, delivered, and then put another up.
Those guys should be ashamed of themselves for not communicating properly. If they need more time because of delays, say so. If you completely failed, detail why. Crowd-funding isn't just about getting money. It's about small companies and groups learning how to put out products without having massive debts or big name investors reaching down their backs. Some people wouldn't be able to deliver something at all if it wasn't for this model. Sharing your mistakes is more important that sharing your successes. It helps show the way for others. It's not just crowd-funding, it's crowd-learning about entrepreneurship.

Previous registration for another business in MI

TRAKTRADE LLC was formed on 2006-01-12 in Michigan by FAHAD KOUMAIHA.

FORMATION
Universal ID
MI-B7333X
Name
TRAKTRADE LLC
Registration Number
B7333X
Type
Domestic Limited Liability Company
Kind
Domestic Limited Liabilit
Status
ACTIVE, BUT NOT IN GOOD STANDING AS OF 2-17-2009 (just means they didn't refile the LLC)
Formation Date
2006-01-12
OFFICERS
Registered Agent
FAHAD KOUMAIHA

It seems like Ed Trice is all over this too with previous scammery involving these nitrogen cooling units but I havn't found any solid linkage there

RED ALERT

As I pointed out in another thread, I would leave Bitwize be. Unless some employee or other is involved, I have worked with them in the past and they're legit (or were then, at least).

Not that I wouldn't put it past certain ppl, but it would be moronic to "like" your company/employer on your own scam page. There is probably some link or other to be made, as Bitwize is a "local" competitor, but I don't think it's at company level.
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 12:39:14 AM

As I pointed out in another thread, I would leave Bitwize be. Unless some employee or other is involved, I have worked with them in the past and they're legit (or were then, at least).

Not that I wouldn't put it past certain ppl, but it would be moronic to "like" your company/employer on your own scam page. There is probably some link or other to be made, as Bitwize is a "local" competitor, but I don't think it's at company level.

It is difficult to discount the linkage though, why is it there at all? If Bitwize is behind a host of scam sites I think that deserves to be recognized as well, however I have no direct proof of this, but strange nonetheless

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:01:26 AM

Ouch:     Shocked

Zach Penny on May 16

I've Sent this:

Regarding: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crypteks/crypteks-usbtm-encrypted-and-lockable-usb-solution

This Project has been going on for nearly 2 years no with no meaningful updates, and a lot of misinformation. The project creator has offered refunds, with which most of us submitted our information in hopes of getting a refund just to be done with the project.

However, with their last update they requested a large amount of information regarding backers. So far there has been only radio silence, which it's very promising considering the amount of information they asked for in their update.

Not only has Kickstarter not stepped in and aided the backers of this project, but for nearly 2 years you have allowed this to go on, and have profited from what appears to be a scam on the users. Which has no resulted in frustration and cause users to send information to the project creator that could be potentially used for identity theft.

I am going to be in contact with a lawyer in the near future, and depending on the response/assistance received from this contact will determine whether or not the lawsuit will contain your name alongside Cryptrade's. 989 Backers have been defrauded of their money, and Kickstarter profited from it.

I've copied several comments, as well as updates from the site, and this 'letter' will be sent to all the major tech blogs regarding this fiasco.

Unfortunately, this has kept me from backing several projects that I would have liked to been a part of, but Kickstarter's lack of effort to sort this out, and the sour taste this project has left me with will probably cause me to never back a project here ever again.
KS

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:20:26 AM

It is difficult to discount the linkage though, why is it there at all? If Bitwize is behind a host of scam sites I think that deserves to be recognized as well, however I have no direct proof of this, but strange nonetheless

Yes, but I'm not sure about the kind of link that can be deducted. Bitwize is in the business of creating websites, their designs are nice and they don't cost an arm and a leg (they're like 1/10th what I would pay if I had it made in the EU).

I guess some scammers are upping their game in the design dept. The mumbo-jumbo is still there though, which is a good thing Smiley
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 08:35:57 PM

Yes, but I'm not sure about the kind of link that can be deducted. Bitwize is in the business of creating websites, their designs are nice and they don't cost an arm and a leg (they're like 1/10th what I would pay if I had it made in the EU).

I guess some scammers are upping their game in the design dept. The mumbo-jumbo is still there though, which is a good thing Smiley

In of itself it is a trivial detail really, I just thought it was kind of odd for a business to actively promote their web dev. It makes me wonder a little if there is more connection there than a simple hired design team, especially as it is attached to other things from Fahad Koumaiha

KS

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:12:01 AM

In of itself it is a trivial detail really, I just thought it was kind of odd for a business to actively promote their web dev. It makes me wonder a little if there is more connection there than a simple hired design team, especially as it is attached to other things from Fahad Koumaiha

I think it might be a way to legitimize the scam by using someone else's good reputation (Bitwize here). Or it could be that Bitwize now promote themselves with the "like" button. In this case, it's a FAIL though... Smiley
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:06:48 AM

The only time it's not really a risk is if it's a successful person or company that's finished one project, delivered, and then put another up.
Like CABLEPAIR!  ...Wait...

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: