GalaxyASIC - 0 (0%)
DragonASIC - 0 (0%)
GPURigs - 0 (0%)
ASICRigs - 0 (0%)
GXMining - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinCanary.org [No Longer Updated] - All Known Vendors and Status  (Read 35062 times)
Operatr (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 04:32:18 PM

The only time it's not really a risk is if it's a successful person or company that's finished one project, delivered, and then put another up.
Like CABLEPAIR!  ...Wait...

Unless you are BFL, who previously did deliver FPGAs, and used that rep to bilk 1000s of people out of millions of dollars without any return so far aside a tiny few Jalepenos

FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 06:39:32 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2013, 11:03:19 PM by FCTaiChi

The only time it's not really a risk is if it's a successful person or company that's finished one project, delivered, and then put another up.
Like CABLEPAIR!  ...Wait...

Unless you are BFL, who previously did deliver FPGAs, and used that rep to bilk 1000s of people out of millions of dollars without any return so far aside a tiny few Jalepenos

This is the 'Most stable miner' category of the list..   http://blockchain.info/nodes-globe?series=mostStable
=\
I should just take them off my list, this is ridiculous.

-edit 
Ok done.  They are off the list.  I will not support this company by sending people to them while they are so blatantly violating the trust of the community.  Can't even find cheap hosting somewhere for their scheming?

I'm pushing all the Avalon chip orders back a few months too.  I see no reason to believe that 9-10 weeks is a reasonable estimate.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 05:56:05 PM

I have to say that spike coming out of Kansas is really strange. I remember it being debunked in another thread about it though it is still too odd to ignore. I've searched myself for other organizations that are running hashfarms there and have found none. Such a spike can only be created by a large farm...

Updated to include BitFury and some updates to Butterfly Labs latest crimes against humanity

FCTaiChi

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 11:48:58 PM

So the official story is (and you can see this) that for all the unknown activity in a country they put in a spike directly in the middle.  I just don't know who to trust anymore though, with all the money floating around.  This seems reasonable.. but if a person masked their IP how can you tell what country they're from?  couldn't they just reroute to another country?
Anyway I really don't know the complete story here.  I find it quite likely that the spike really is from what they say.  Then again none of Inaba's comments have made me more comfortable about things. 
Everyone says to cool down they are finally starting to ship.  Oh sure, after their long testing phase?  Gonna wait to ship till they're worthless?  People bought these products because they were told they could make a certain profit from them.  They have been pushed back constantly, to the point that people who actually believe a word coming out of their mouth gives me pause.
Maybe the real question is how much of the world spikes are caused by them.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 09:15:30 PM

So the official story is (and you can see this) that for all the unknown activity in a country they put in a spike directly in the middle.  I just don't know who to trust anymore though, with all the money floating around.  This seems reasonable.. but if a person masked their IP how can you tell what country they're from?  couldn't they just reroute to another country?
Anyway I really don't know the complete story here.  I find it quite likely that the spike really is from what they say.  Then again none of Inaba's comments have made me more comfortable about things.  
Everyone says to cool down they are finally starting to ship.  Oh sure, after their long testing phase?  Gonna wait to ship till they're worthless?  People bought these products because they were told they could make a certain profit from them.  They have been pushed back constantly, to the point that people who actually believe a word coming out of their mouth gives me pause.
Maybe the real question is how much of the world spikes are caused by them.

This would make sense, may very well just be a coincidence with BFL speculation that they might just be mining with their own hardware. It has been proven they have been testing on the live net and not test net as they should be...

Anyway, I made up a logo for what will be the full out CoinCanary mining website, this is a rough one  Smiley

iANDROID

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Swiss Money all around me!

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:16:17 PM

Information for KNCMining?
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 09:17:41 PM

Information for KNCMining?

Most of it can be found in here so far https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=214285.0

FCTaiChi

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 12:56:13 AM

Great, I love it!

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:15:03 PM

I see that you like the idea behind my name...
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 08:34:48 PM

Canary fight!

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 08:35:30 PM

And both of you are in the hardware game! Schizophrenia same person Huh

FCTaiChi

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 08:52:21 PM

Uh oh.  I saw this coming..  I thought you may have felt co-opted by this name choice.  Smiley

Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 02:00:33 AM

I see that you like the idea behind my name...

And both of you are in the hardware game! Schizophrenia same person Huh

Uh oh.  I saw this coming..  I thought you may have felt co-opted by this name choice.  Smiley

Well to be fair, it is mining concept older than anyone on here.

Canary I do apologize if you feel slighted at all by that, you should know I did not base it off of your username (this is the first time I have seen it Smiley).

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 02:05:04 AM

He was kidding. But you have two usernames? And how is canary related to mining?

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:12:48 AM

Many simply are overwhelmed and were not aware what they were getting into when the began.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 02:20:26 AM

He was kidding. But you have two usernames? And how is canary related to mining?

No, I'm just me Smiley

Canaries were used in the days before better air quality testing gear was available to miners. Much of the time there would be toxic gases released with digging, most notably carbon monoxide that is colorless and odorless (poisonous to humans). A canary was put in the mine ahead of the miners themselves, and if the canary died, they would know it was likely not safe for them either. This practice is no longer done in the civilized world of course, but long ago it was the only way to detect deadly gasses before the advent of mechanical air sensors.

The concept here is similar, much like the analog of real gold mining to digital Bitcoin mining, the scope is to alert miners to the information and dangers surrounding these many startups/scams before people get suckered.

FCTaiChi

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 02:03:35 PM

You get the email this morning from asic-technologies.com?  They really got their act together.  I hope people are doing their research.  I haven't heard anything new about them really, except what they say.  Any updates?  Operatr is probly extremely busy at the moment, but if anyone else notice anything useful I think it would be good to post it here.

Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 03:34:35 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 03:53:30 PM by Operatr

You get the email this morning from asic-technologies.com?  They really got their act together.  I hope people are doing their research.  I haven't heard anything new about them really, except what they say.  Any updates?  Operatr is probly extremely busy at the moment, but if anyone else notice anything useful I think it would be good to post it here.

I haven't received anything myself from them in pm or email.

They have posted some new pictures, however with the error analysis of the pictures the screenie of the case is definitely manipulated, nothing that looks like that is on scan.co.uk. Why would there be audio ports on an ASIC miner?

A little manipulation was done on the cgminer screenshot. There is clearly a square on it that has a higher error rate than the rest.

Hard to tell with the last one, heavy rainbow suggests it definitely went through Photoshop and was resaved several times to the point any manipulations are drowned out by error level reduction. If that grey thing in the middle of the monitors is the unit, it looks different than the first picture of the Photoshopped case. If the vent is on the side of it, any wires should then be coming out of the top, which I don't see anywhere. What else is odd is just the angle of that grey box, from a top down shot the top of it should be visible? It proves nothing otherwise, as the screenshot is too small to make out what is on the cgminer screen, it could be anything. The grey unit in the middle may not be anything related.

With ELA you cannot tell directly sometimes of manipulation, but these shots are not on the level. The only way to prove the last screenshot is 100% real is to see an unadulterated full size camera grab from the Blackberry it was taken with (in the metadata).

Also given BFL could barely get 5 GHash out of a unit that size without serious heat problems, how the hell are they pulling nearly 10,000 GHash out of something this size?

Given they have already been caught lying with that DSL modem picture, and nice little rant on the front page (see OP for these), zero reason to trust them so far. I still heavily advise against giving them any funds. Something else of note, there is no way to contact them from their website.

Ill post a proper image analysis later on the real CoinCanary website Smiley

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 07:20:42 PM

Aww poor canaries
 Looking forward to a one stop shop for hardware updates

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:29:20 PM

If you look closely at the one on our site, you can see a butterfly in the webs Smiley

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: