Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:50:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know what's happening at bitcoin-24.com?  (Read 2066 times)
trance1999 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:12:47 AM

I just signed up for an account there.  I was going to transfer some $ and do some day trading, but every time I check now they're down.  Should I worry?

Anyone else use them?

Our Service is momentarily not available.
1. All funds (EUR, USD, PLN, GBP & Bitcoins) are safe.
2. All withdrawals will be gradually processed chronologically from another bank account.
3. The Polish authority closed our Bank account in Poland.
4. Our lawyers are working with high pressure on a solution.

We will back with Bitcoin-24 2.0 on when all declarations are finished.

All important Emails can be send to help@bitcoin-24.com

OH EDIT!!  I just re-read the notice which I posted above.  Sheesh!  The government closed their bank account!?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hermel

Activity: 67
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:53:21 AM

Apparently, the account is frozen, and not closed, which is not the same.

I tried to contact the owner of Bitcoin-24 and to offer help, without success. There is no news at all, which is generally not a good sign. Probably, he is completely stressed out and focussing on getting the mess cleaned up. I hope that's the reason for him ignoring the emails. Having his account frozen is good news to a degree - it means that he cannot run away with the money.
Newscastix

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:57:13 AM

I tried to contact the owner of Bitcoin-24 and to offer help, without success. There is no news at all, which is generally not a good sign. Probably, he is completely stressed out and focussing on getting the mess cleaned up. I hope that's the reason for him ignoring the emails. Having his account frozen is good news to a degree - it means that he cannot run away with the money.

And what about the BTC?  Roll Eyes
Milow

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:19:00 PM

One of my sources (which I'm not going to name because it is one of MY!! sources :-p ) told me that they are working hard on the Engine 2.0 and they are planning to release the alpha version at midnight. The rollback took more time than expected but hell, if it's available again this night...

The price of bitcoins would probably jump once the site is available again so I advice to be up tonight.
This is all that I know and I'll be out for the day but see you all at midnight!

Spread the word! Let us hope this is true!  Grin
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:49:52 PM

If the account is frozen, how would this affect pending money wired to it by sepa that is due to reach the account tomorrow? Will the money go into the account or will it be returned to sender?
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:51:34 PM

'Alpha' generally means 'not for use under field conditions'. Unless they call it Beta, I dont think that they will use it (and they shouldnt if it is not thoroughly tested yet).
passo

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:52:22 PM

Here are some comments from the site owner Simon:  http://www.reddit.com/user/TAiS46
He hasn't mentioned anything about the bug though.
codesuela

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:47:11 PM

One of my sources (which I'm not going to name because it is one of MY!! sources :-p ) told me that they are working hard on the Engine 2.0 and they are planning to release the alpha version at midnight. The rollback took more time than expected but hell, if it's available again this night...

The price of bitcoins would probably jump once the site is available again so I advice to be up tonight.
This is all that I know and I'll be out for the day but see you all at midnight!

4 posts, you seem like a trustworthy person who has proven he is an honest man
alexh

Activity: 183

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:49:19 PM

I hope we will get our money back in a couple of weeks or months... i really do.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:52:47 PM

Well no offense but I pray you are just making up crap (or repeating crap others have said).  The highest priority should be getting to a point where user funds can be returned (BTC & EUR).  Period.  No time should be spent rushing an alpha version of a new trading enigne.  Open the site with all trading disabled, allow users to make withdraw requests and process those as quickly as possible.  In the future if he wants to release a new version of the site, users can redeposit if they wish. 
Finski

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 11:24:13 PM

DO NOT click the link in Milow's post.. It's a phising site!

Best regards,
Captain Obvious

PS. While you're at it report Milow to moderators...
dikx

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 11:25:42 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2013, 11:50:46 PM by BadBear

Seems like it isn't crap at all:

They are opening the bitcoin-24x system again with Engine 2.0 (including the fix for transfer procedures).

Official statement of a new member member of Simons team:

1) Withdrawal and deposit through SEPA is not available at this time.
2) Although transfering bitcoins and trading IS possible.

They are still converting all accounts to version 2.0 which will take some time.
But because of the pressure, the new alpha engine 2.0 is now available on redacted

(I've got this only from a friend who knows him so don't shoot the messenger!)
I've tried but my account is not migrated yet.

I don't think you have should tried your account there... if you check it the domain is bitcoin-24x.com.
Why would bitcoin-24.com's owner buy another domain to just implement a new version of the engine?

I would be careful with that...
bizz

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 11:28:39 PM

I don't think you have should tried your account there... if you check it the domain is bitcoin-24x.com.
Why would bitcoin-24.com's owner buy another domain to just implement a new version of the engine?

I would be careful with that...

and also go from cloudflare to microtronix-tech.com?! lol

http://whois.domaintools.com/bitcoin-24.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/bitcoin-24x.com

PHISHING
virtimus

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 11:35:14 PM

"Your account is not yet converted to engine 2.0 .
We are doing our best to speed up the process.
Please wait for a few hours and try again.

You are always free to make a donation on 1La9STtdwyCACATkJSenX4doYUunWHe3of and get VIP treatment. "

Nice joke Smiley

I will never put a single μBTC to this devnull
NO2squik

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:12:44 AM

I managed to pull my bitcoins out of that site a few days before it locked up. Glad I did.
Milow

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:45:35 AM

First the site offline and now this...  Angry
SmithR

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:46:50 AM

I had once an issue a while ago & I can say that you can trust Bitcoin-24
Beutelschneider

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:49:00 AM

All those new ppl popping up looks very suspicious!

First the site offline and now this...  Angry

I had once an issue a while ago & I can say that you can trust Bitcoin-24

Lang

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:57:17 AM

thanks for the information... Cheesy
andy-bc

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:05:06 AM

If the account is frozen, how would this affect pending money wired to it by sepa that is due to reach the account tomorrow? Will the money go into the account or will it be returned to sender?

Most probably the money will get to the account successfully and then they will stay there, frozen, until the account is unblocked.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: