Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:05:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LOCALBITCOIN Restricts My Account For Refusing to Trade With a Scammer  (Read 361 times)
jikason (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 09:39:10 AM

A buyer tried to scam me on LBC by  creating duplicate trades on my advert, feigning ignorance of same, lying on the links not working (When I sent her the link for the second link to be cancelled), lying on not receiving any messages to the duplicate trade as well.

The said buyer also tried to reverse the payment by putting it on hold with her bank.

I only received payment on the 16th of January for a trade that was initiated on the 14th.

LBC gave me the option of completing the trade with this dodgy buyer or refunding her payment.

I opted for refunding her payment but the said buyer wouldn't release her bank account details, nor any Identification Documents in line with local jurisdictional regulations.

The buyers lies and divergent ploys are well documented on the trade's thread.

One of the Admins (Peter) has gone Gung-ho and inexplicably put restrictions on my account for no quantifiable reason other than a power drunk whimsical flexing of administrative muscles aimed at intimidating and exerting undue authority at the detriment of an otherwise very adherent trader.Admins on here should not be letting their emotions and supposedly bruised egos compromise unbiased judgements.

Ironically, my account has been restricted for attempting to rid the platform of a potential scammer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 11:48:13 AM

A buyer tried to scam me on LBC by  creating duplicate trades on my advert, feigning ignorance of same, lying on the links not working (When I sent her the link for the second link to be cancelled), lying on not receiving any messages to the duplicate trade as well.

The said buyer also tried to reverse the payment by putting it on hold with her bank.

I only received payment on the 16th of January for a trade that was initiated on the 14th.

LBC gave me the option of completing the trade with this dodgy buyer or refunding her payment.

I opted for refunding her payment but the said buyer wouldn't release her bank account details, nor any Identification Documents in line with local jurisdictional regulations.

The buyers lies and divergent ploys are well documented on the trade's thread.

One of the Admins (Peter) has gone Gung-ho and inexplicably put restrictions on my account for no quantifiable reason other than a power drunk whimsical flexing of administrative muscles aimed at intimidating and exerting undue authority at the detriment of an otherwise very adherent trader.Admins on here should not be letting their emotions and supposedly bruised egos compromise unbiased judgements.

Ironically, my account has been restricted for attempting to rid the platform of a potential scammer.

Are sure that the buyer is a female?You said "her bank" ,"sent her the link".
I think all the scammers are men....
I`m sorry about your problem.I would never trade with someone without enough positive feedback on LBC.
I don`t rely on their customer support as well.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4437

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 12:11:57 PM

firstly what i say is not an attack on you, its just raising a point about something thats 'iffy' in your post.

did you actually receive these funds on the 16th and now free and clear of any bank 'holds/freezes/chargebacks' and you can actually spend/keep the funds from the 16th.

if you have funds from a person then they deserve to receive goods, assets, service for what they paid for.(but only for the amount that is free and clear and in your pocket)

but if this funds on the 16th are locked or are in the process of a chargeback. then take screenshots of it and send it to admin to show you have not been paid yet/wont be paid.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 01:05:42 PM

If you have problems with localbitcoin then you should contact their support or admin instead of posting it here. The reason possibly is that the site localbitcoin has regulation pertaining to that kind of events your account is encountering and so they decide to take some measures. On the other way your client possibly made some complain on the sites admin against you, there maybe a misunderstanding between you and your client and she complained on the sites admin that you are trying to scam her.

The best way to solve this issue and to have a peace of mind is to contact the admins sooner or later.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: