Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:55:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The only way to get rich is by riding the next big alt pump  (Read 6388 times)
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:40:51 AM

As investors, we should focus on searching for alts where we can be whales, problem is like I said before: All alts are gimmicks/lame, and the fat pumps already happened.

So that's my 2 cents there.

Most of the alts you mean. It is fate that made others rich for joining the btc from the very start. Nowadays, if you dream of getting rich, it should be not compared to something that happened before, it should be new, unique.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 01:13:31 PM

Ok guys sell your bitcoins for some extremely speculative altcoins!
I mean Bitcoin itself is already a big risk!
So sell your precious bitcoins if you're really that greedy!I will appreciate that and pick them all up. Smiley

Most of the "top" alts with some potential already have huge whales! And a huge part of them is also big in Bitcoin!
You're looking for the needle in the hay stack if you ask me.Great way to burn your bitcoins.Good luck!
I will take the other path.vI have patience and no problems with holding BTC for 10+ years.

And what is rich and what is not is also a subjective opinion. A payed house + a good job will make you a enjoyable life.
That is something a majority of people nowadays do not have.
cellard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 04:57:01 PM

yup. for better or worse you're right. anyone with a modest amount of bitcoin, sub 100 say, won't be getting a life changing gain within a realistic time span.

at the same time it's gambling pure and simple and the alt market is just as rancid as it ever was. personally i'd prefer to avoid a life changing loss and stay out of it.

Indeed, the altcoin market is disappointment after disappointment, but sometimes, some projects can deliver massive gains. XMR went up to 2000%, the technology is decent, the devs are decent, but the main point of the coin was the anonymous hype phase. I remember how they pumped it claiming all those darknet markets would accept it. Now this is over, and i just don't see this coin giving massive gains again. Same for ETH. Smart contracts hype is over after DAO disaster.

So I don't see any other decent new coins that are insanely undervalued in my view.

How do we get rich then?

So sell your precious bitcoins if you're really that greedy!I will appreciate that and pick them all up. Smiley

Most of the "top" alts with some potential already have huge whales! And a huge part of them is also big in Bitcoin!
You're looking for the needle in the hay stack if you ask me.Great way to burn your bitcoins.Good luck!
I will take the other path.vI have patience and no problems with holding BTC for 10+ years.

And what is rich and what is not is also a subjective opinion. A payed house + a good job will make you a enjoyable life.

Good luck paying a house 100% unless you are holding a big amount of BTC.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 05:36:11 PM

yup. for better or worse you're right. anyone with a modest amount of bitcoin, sub 100 say, won't be getting a life changing gain within a realistic time span.

at the same time it's gambling pure and simple and the alt market is just as rancid as it ever was. personally i'd prefer to avoid a life changing loss and stay out of it.

Indeed, the altcoin market is disappointment after disappointment, but sometimes, some projects can deliver massive gains. XMR went up to 2000%, the technology is decent, the devs are decent, but the main point of the coin was the anonymous hype phase. I remember how they pumped it claiming all those darknet markets would accept it. Now this is over, and i just don't see this coin giving massive gains again. Same for ETH. Smart contracts hype is over after DAO disaster.

So I don't see any other decent new coins that are insanely undervalued in my view.

How do we get rich then?

There's not much to be done but wait for the pump again. If you are holding ICN which a lot of those holder think can be the next big thing, you could profit more than what you have with XMR. ICN team is doing pretty much decent. Their token value has doubled in less than a year compare those who promised and funded but have never showed anything still after years. Long term investors wants to get out already due to the disappointment after disappointment.

MatDerKater

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 06:07:27 PM

This is not an altcoin thread so don't move it. This is about the people that think they are going to get filthy rich with BTC having joined the game after the big initial 2 dollars to 1k dollars rise... im sorry but I think it's not going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, if you started post 2013 and managed to buy until reaching the respectable 21 BTC goal, you will make big gains in the future, but you will not make 1+ inflation-adjusted million dollars. Unless BTC goes at least  50k in the next 10 years, I don't see it happening.

And who wants to be a tired old man to make your first million? Fuck that.

Therefore we must put our BTC to work, and that means taking big risks.

We already saw big pumps in XMR. A 2000% gainer. Problem is, "anonymous coin" hype is already over.

We also saw the big ETH gains. Problem is, "smart contracts" hype is already over.

Then you have all those interesting projects like Maidsafe, that now sound like vaporware because they always fail to deliver.

You got other projects like Steem, with horrible coin distribution that create all those ugly graphics of constant stagnation: useless for an investor.

So what else is there? I see nothing, unfortunately.

I don't see anything that can pump hard, with solid volume, that has interesting fundamentals. It seems to me that all major developments will end up as sidechains of Bitcoin eventually. Bitcoin is king, and most (if not all) altcoin gimmicks have already been done. This is good for the Bitcoin investor, but if you want to get rich, it's already late, the growth will not be strong enough for most modest holders (and by modest, lest say 21 BTC and less... and 21 BTC is already somewhat elite nowadays since most people can't afford risking that much fiat in BTC). The marketcap even if small in the grand scheme of things, it's already too big to deliver massive 1000%'s tier of gains again in a reasonable amount of time.

Therefore, those that think getting rich with Bitcoin as someone that missed the big fat boat (buying when it was 1 figure per BTC) are delusional if they think they will be millionaires within the next 2 decades or so (more and it stops matter, again who the fuck wants to wait 20+ years)

As investors, we should focus on searching for alts where we can be whales, problem is like I said before: All alts are gimmicks/lame, and the fat pumps already happened.

So that's my 2 cents there.

Look at practically any shit coin.

Generally, there is at some point, a great big huge pump, followed by an almighty crash, followed by a bit of gyrating up and down, before spending long extended periods scraping along the floor, before buying pressure slowly builds up and is followed by another big pump, generally (but not always) falling short of the pump that preceded it. Indeed, this is exactly what Bitcoin has done, albeit with the scrape along the floor being at around $200 per BTC, right through 2015.

Bearing all this in mind, an easy strategy would be to take a certain amount that you are happy to lose, and put 5%-10% of it into a shit coin that has spent a long time scraping along the floor, and his showing signs of reversing it's trend (i.e. W market structure). Buy that shitcoin, set your first sell at 100% gain, where you sell half your position after which you are on free coins, then second sell order at the next double in price, where you again sell half your position, and so on.....

I know a community of traders with a lot of success in doing just that....

.....usually, this time of year is 'Alt Season', but with Bitcoin having recently pumped, and with many traders still having hopes of it pumping more, Alts aint been doing much. The purpose of trading Alts for a sizeable portion of crpyo traders, is simply as a means to obtain more Bitcoin after all.

As for XMR.....my benchmark for any crypto that could be taken seriously, would be it's adoption on the darknet markets. XMR has been adopted on a couple of darknet markets, which in my book, makes it one to watch, especially if Bitcoin has any issues, such as backlog on blockchain causing 24 hour plus delays on transactions, etc. Of course, XMR has already had a huge pump. No wise long term value investor will touch it now until has spent a good long while scrapping along the gutters.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 06:15:57 PM

How do we get rich then?

There's not much to be done but wait for the pump again. If you are holding ICN which a lot of those holder think can be the next big thing, you could profit more than what you have with XMR. ICN team is doing pretty much decent. Their token value has doubled in less than a year compare those who promised and funded but have never showed anything still after years. Long term investors wants to get out already due to the disappointment after disappointment.

So you are telling me to get in while you tell me that long investors want to get out because it has been a dissapointment? Why would i get in then?

Also, as far as I know, in order to get the dividends paid in ICN you need to hold them on their online platform, this seems like a scam to me. "Let us hold the coins so we can run with them at any given time". Doesn't sound convincing to me. Plus is an ETH token, and ETH is a mess.
cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 06:49:30 PM

What about ICN. Do you think its also a gimmick token?
I read this had been rising more than a hundred percent now and people are stating to invest and I also did because they offer dividends. The only wait is the platform to be released, you think this is going to make me a whale by having just 2k of it?

ICN is just a gamble in trusting their investors doing a good job for you. They invest in a lot of things that may or not may do good.

Also as someone mentioned, I think in order to receive dividends you will need to hold your coins at their online website, so it would be like having your coins in an exchange: pretty stupid.

The total supply is 100 million, im not sure if the dividends will be newly generated coins... that wouldn't be good (inflationary). Right now the existing supply says 87 million regarding coinmarketcap, so its almost fully generated.

Im just not sure about this idea of an unregulated fund. Funds need to be regulated, so you don't get scammed as the ones investing with your money can't freely leave, and this is specially easy to do with crypto. Im not sure how this will end up like. I may buy some but I don't feel confindent making a big bet on it.
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 12:50:30 AM

the next big alt pump was/is pascal coin... It just went from like 20k yesterday to 100k today. It's sitting at around 70k right now. We just went through some wild candles.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 12:51:54 AM

What about ICN. Do you think its also a gimmick token?
I read this had been rising more than a hundred percent now and people are stating to invest and I also did because they offer dividends. The only wait is the platform to be released, you think this is going to make me a whale by having just 2k of it?

ICN is just a gamble in trusting their investors doing a good job for you. They invest in a lot of things that may or not may do good.

Also as someone mentioned, I think in order to receive dividends you will need to hold your coins at their online website, so it would be like having your coins in an exchange: pretty stupid.

The total supply is 100 million, im not sure if the dividends will be newly generated coins... that wouldn't be good (inflationary). Right now the existing supply says 87 million regarding coinmarketcap, so its almost fully generated.

Im just not sure about this idea of an unregulated fund. Funds need to be regulated, so you don't get scammed as the ones investing with your money can't freely leave, and this is specially easy to do with crypto. Im not sure how this will end up like. I may buy some but I don't feel confindent making a big bet on it.

THat's incorrect, you can hold the ICN in any token-supported wallet. So Etherums wallet, a hardware wallet, even online wallets that support tokens. And total supply is 87 million I believe, at least that's publicly available. It would be better to ask someone that's more knowledgeable about it.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 01:03:49 AM

You are absolutely right most of the time Op. Price of BTC might not be so surreal in the future, we may be stuck around $1000 for years.
And then fabled mass adoption may never come, hampering bitcoin's growth even further. I am afraid that every altocoin at this point is being created as pump and dump scheme.
Even alts with solid technical background and purpose will be treated as such by speculators, defectively preventing us from stable price growth.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 01:53:17 AM

You bring up a good point that it's worth taking small shots in new alt coins for those 1000%+ gains.

I wouldn't sell all your BTC just yet though... at nearly every plateau Bitcoin proves us wrong when people think it can't go any higher.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:18:03 AM

It used to be easy, but now that I've experienced is difficult. Perhaps because many know this way so there is no way to fight it. and the most important is the power of capital, when we don't have a lot of capital is certainly difficult to perform pump. My advice, it's better to play it safe, with not too daring to speculate.
cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:58:23 PM

You are absolutely right most of the time Op. Price of BTC might not be so surreal in the future, we may be stuck around $1000 for years.
And then fabled mass adoption may never come, hampering bitcoin's growth even further. I am afraid that every altocoin at this point is being created as pump and dump scheme.
Even alts with solid technical background and purpose will be treated as such by speculators, defectively preventing us from stable price growth.

We don't need mainstream adoption to bring the price up to $10,000, we just need big pockets to trust bitcoin, but of course mainstream global adoption is ideal, but it will never happen without segwit and lightning network as indispensable requirements, but it's going totake other factors too.

And all altcoins are stupid gimmicks, there is nothing bitcoin tier that could give us %5000 gains like bitcoin did... and I don't see any other XMR scenarios happening.
There is just nothing that I think could give big gains.
youdamushi

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 01:21:50 PM

I don't think anyone is expecting to become filthy rich in btc itself, or by speculating on btc ^^

Most people here, at least that's my case, are seeing btc as a new opportunity for new businesses thats all. I don't even really care for the btc price. Yeah the higher the better, sure. But the important is the new features that btc brings, not its price Wink

PARADICE.io

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 01:58:36 PM

well that may be true and we all know for sure that until now it has happened so many times we have lost count but also you are forgetting the other side of all this.
i am not a glass half full kind of guy, but it is good to know about the other half too.
in altcoins when there is a pump there is also dump and dead coins too. there are hundreds of coins and even the coins that are not dead and you think are good that when you invest , they stop going up and move in reverse meaning lots of losses.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 02:16:40 PM

How do we get rich then?

So you are telling me to get in while you tell me that long investors want to get out because it has been a dissapointment? Why would i get in then?

Also, as far as I know, in order to get the dividends paid in ICN you need to hold them on their online platform, this seems like a scam to me. "Let us hold the coins so we can run with them at any given time". Doesn't sound convincing to me. Plus is an ETH token, and ETH is a mess.

Sounds like an oxymoron right?!
Maybe he's just looking for new alt bagholders and waiting to buy their dumped bitcoins.

I don't trust anybody in this space!Especially here where many people have an own agenda running.
When someone advises me to get rid off my bitcoins and go with shitcoins, I can guarantee you I will do the opposite and therefore buy even more BTC when the personal financial situation allows me to do so.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 02:47:20 PM

yeah, but you also have to take the risk of buying a lot of coins. but I guess it is a good way, because the price of alt always pump with a high price. Well, I have some friends who always take advantage of it, because they are willing to take risks. but, I think they are always the right choice.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:43:07 PM

I don't think anyone is expecting to become filthy rich in btc itself, or by speculating on btc ^^

Most people here, at least that's my case, are seeing btc as a new opportunity for new businesses thats all. I don't even really care for the btc price. Yeah the higher the better, sure. But the important is the new features that btc brings, not its price Wink

This is delusional. Price is important as fuck, it doesn't matter how good the technology is if it's not translated in the price. People that say price doesn't matter don't live in the real world. Bitcoin price has to go higher overtime, otherwise its a failure.

How do we get rich then?

Maybe he's just looking for new alt bagholders and waiting to buy their dumped bitcoins.

I don't trust anybody in this space!Especially here where many people have an own agenda running.
When someone advises me to get rid off my bitcoins and go with shitcoins, I can guarantee you I will do the opposite and therefore buy even more BTC when the personal financial situation allows me to do so.

I keep asking about Iconomi, if to get dividends you need to hold the coins in their platform or you can store them locally, still waiting for an answer.

If you can't receive dividends while holding private keys locally, then there you have it: it's another scam. They will set a trap and get your BTC.
cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:01:52 PM

How do we get rich then?

As someone mentioned, buying the dips will not make you rich anytime soon, unless you can afford dropping in like 100k on every dip and keep stacking big time.

Anyone that can invest 100k on bitcoin is already rich in my book.

The rest of us, would need to risk our entire net worth on every dip hoping it goes up again, and that is just insane.

Only getting in early in a project that can give us at least 1000%+ gains would deliver what we need to get rich.

Anyone that has spent time here should at least have 10 BTC to invest already. A couple of good moves going all in could take us to the next level (yes risky, but no big risk no big gain)
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 07:52:00 PM

How do we get rich then?

As someone mentioned, buying the dips will not make you rich anytime soon, unless you can afford dropping in like 100k on every dip and keep stacking big time.

Anyone that can invest 100k on bitcoin is already rich in my book.

The rest of us, would need to risk our entire net worth on every dip hoping it goes up again, and that is just insane.

Only getting in early in a project that can give us at least 1000%+ gains would deliver what we need to get rich.

Anyone that has spent time here should at least have 10 BTC to invest already. A couple of good moves going all in could take us to the next level (yes risky, but no big risk no big gain)

Why is everyone looking for 1000% + gains? If one could return even something like 15% yearly return you'd double your money in no time... and in a average 3-4 decade working lifetime, you'd be rich. I think there is definitely plenty of room for triple digit gains, even in Bitcoin. Bitcoin is STILL such a nascent concept to people, with huge upside potential. The first mover advantage bitcoin has is so great and I don't really think anything will upset that, so even a small fortune like $10,000 could make one "rich".

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: