Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:51:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The only way to get rich is by riding the next big alt pump  (Read 6373 times)
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 05:20:34 PM

when altcoin began to pump, you get the benefits that can be reached is greater than the capital you spend. it may be a quick way to get rich, but you also have to choose the right coin to get that opportunity. many ways like that, but all require good accuracy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 05:28:19 PM

but you can agree that it will take a very long time for bitcoin to mature to that point, maybe we are dead by that time, we can't wait 30 years just to have bitcoin at 30k, random example, i look at resoanable time frame, 2020 is my time frame for a great value otherwise i just dump and forget

That's somewhere around my cut off date too, but not in terms of gains. I don't believe 2020 is enough time for the gains some people are dreaming of. I do think we'll have a much clearer idea of what Bitcoin's fate will be by then.

If there isn't any scaling and even more centralisation then I'll be walking away. If it can't evolve then something else will.

We are not going to live forever. If in 2020 bitcoin is not making a lot of people rich, then who fucking cares? Might as well jump in front of a train to be honest. How else im going to keep dealing with the rat race? I don't want to spend the rest of my life working only to find out im not even a millionaire yet with 21 BTC in 2030, and for that to happen, 2020 means at least 5 figures.

Otherwise, if that doesnt happen, OP is right. We are going to need an altcoin that makes us rich by taking an huge risk.
_nur

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 05:31:43 PM

Thats what i was saying in another thread. This is the right moment to take the alts train, cause even if BTC goes up or down you will win money. Im all in at ETC, ETH, DOGE, and XMR.

ok... why doge coin?

I'm like what's the purpose of dodge coin?

isn't it just pure play?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 05:33:11 PM

We are not going to live forever. If in 2020 bitcoin is not making a lot of people rich, then who fucking cares? Might as well jump in front of a train to be honest. How else im going to keep dealing with the rat race? I don't want to spend the rest of my life working only to find out im not even a millionaire yet with 21 BTC in 2030, and for that to happen, 2020 means at least 5 figures.

Otherwise, if that doesnt happen, OP is right. We are going to need an altcoin that makes us rich by taking an huge risk.

But it's only three and a bit years away. That's really not very long at all. Its downturn lasted around half as long as that. To get there every aspect from the market, exchanges, awareness, utility, education, technical capacity has to take a big step up from where it is now.

I expect a longer wait for serious potential gains, but I think the conditions to foster them will either exist or not exist by then.

If you choose the right alt then it's in the bag of course, but that's also like saying if your grandma had balls she'd be your grandpa.

cellard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 06:14:30 PM

Thats what i was saying in another thread. This is the right moment to take the alts train, cause even if BTC goes up or down you will win money. Im all in at ETC, ETH, DOGE, and XMR.

ok... why doge coin?

isn't it just pure play?

Yes, it's nothing but a stupid meme, but people like memes, specially cute ones, and DOGE has an huge community, so that means it's not abandoned, just look at the reddit of the coin, its one of the biggest crypto reddits, so at any time some whale can decide to go like "well fuck it, looks like its time for a god damn DOGE pump!!"
youdamushi

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 07:37:58 PM

ok... why doge coin?

isn't it just pure play?

Yeah it's pure play but...
But for something that was supposed to be a joke it's a freaking solid one!
It slowed down quite a bit but it's still a real currency while being a meme xD

PARADICE.io

mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 03:25:42 AM

but you can agree that it will take a very long time for bitcoin to mature to that point, maybe we are dead by that time, we can't wait 30 years just to have bitcoin at 30k, random example, i look at resoanable time frame, 2020 is my time frame for a great value otherwise i just dump and forget

That's somewhere around my cut off date too, but not in terms of gains. I don't believe 2020 is enough time for the gains some people are dreaming of. I do think we'll have a much clearer idea of what Bitcoin's fate will be by then.

If there isn't any scaling and even more centralisation then I'll be walking away. If it can't evolve then something else will.

Jumping in front of a train is quite drastic, and such price appreciation in 3 years would require a lot for Bitcoin to change use case wise. Think you need to start looking for a railroad station, because I highly doubt Bitcoin will appreciate enough for you to retire in just three years. While I do think Bitcoin is maturing and price will slowly creep up, those 21 BTC will eventually be worth a fortune.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Pap0u

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 05:14:27 AM

Stratis is the next big thing. It is Bitcoin written in C# with sidechain capability and many more.

hollandvan

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 05:38:38 AM

Stratis is the next big thing. It is Bitcoin written in C# with sidechain capability and many more.

Stratis is awesome, it will be insanely pumped in the future, it may be like another ETH or XRP, has so huge total market cap.

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 07:50:41 AM

In a single price pump being rich is not at all possible. Its good to move on slowly from small scale trading towards the high volume transactions. It doesn't matter whether you prefer bitcoin or some other altcoins. Also need to diversify all your earnings in different investment options to get the best profit out of it.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 08:42:12 AM

In a single price pump being rich is not at all possible. Its good to move on slowly from small scale trading towards the high volume transactions. It doesn't matter whether you prefer bitcoin or some other altcoins. Also need to diversify all your earnings in different investment options to get the best profit out of it.

well it actually is possible to make a huge profit, but maybe not become rich in a meaning of becoming a multi millionaire. some of these altcoins that get pumped have very huge volume, now imagine investing a rather large amount in one of them.

for example ethereum first pump from 0.002 to 0.03 bitcoin had 30 million dollar daily volume.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 01:24:55 AM

well it actually is possible to make a huge profit, but maybe not become rich in a meaning of becoming a multi millionaire. some of these altcoins that get pumped have very huge volume, now imagine investing a rather large amount in one of them.

for example ethereum first pump from 0.002 to 0.03 bitcoin had 30 million dollar daily volume.

Looks like it's going on another rally. DASH too. Heard a new expectation of the "flippening" in Etherum to occur where Etherum is expected to overtake Bitcoin once realization of Etherums superiority in technical fundamentals sets in. Not sure if or when this is supposed to happen, but thought I'd throw that out there.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:35:08 AM

Stratis is awesome, it will be insanely pumped in the future, it may be like another ETH or XRP, has so huge total market cap.
And where is this listed? It would help to know the symbol that it is so can be easily found on any exchange members are registered on.
It does sound interesting since i just heard about BU and found out what it really is.
So a current language is important for any progress for bitcoin to get better.
So investing into this very thing that may cause it to happen is sure sign to me it will be quite valuable.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
Seansky

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 04:20:52 AM

So many altcoins right now are popping out and like OP, I don't see much potential on other altcoins to pump hard but those new ones now might but it is not that big of a pump. There are some couple interesting altcoins right now though like stratis who I think might pump in the future, and maybe some other altcoins that are in the market now will pump big well let's just wait and see I just hope I can buy at the right time and sell at right time again.
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 03:12:54 PM

Hearing a lot about Stratis, might have to take a look into it. PEPECash surprisingly is something I'm holding a small amount in, and I'm staying THE HELL away from DASH at the time being, have no clue when that thing comes down. I expect it to come down hard too. Maidsafe is seeing the first signs of a dip/correction, but looks too early to say if definite trend reversal.

cellard (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1250

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:46:29 PM

Jumping in front of a train is quite drastic, and such price appreciation in 3 years would require a lot for Bitcoin to change use case wise. Think you need to start looking for a railroad station, because I highly doubt Bitcoin will appreciate enough for you to retire in just three years. While I do think Bitcoin is maturing and price will slowly creep up, those 21 BTC will eventually be worth a fortune.

But eventually may mean 50 years.

We don't want to wait to be old and crippled to be rich. We want to be rich we still can enjoy it. In my case im 30 years old, in 10 years I will be 40. If 21 BTC holders aren't rich by 2027, I guess I will never be rich, not unless I luck out by buying a new altcoin that somehow pumps to moon and back and I get in early. Just by holding BTC... unless we see an insanely high pump, I dont see it happening unfortunately.
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:48:14 PM

Can you say something more about Stratis? I can see that they are partners with microsoft azure like lisk and it seems the the team is serious and strong. Price also seems very stable in the last six months and it does seems like its still cheap to get in...
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:51:50 PM

Can you say something more about Stratis? I can see that they are partners with microsoft azure like lisk and it seems the the team is serious and strong. Price also seems very stable in the last six months and it does seems like its still cheap to get in...
I have asked the exact same thing too.
Are the developers still here and able to answer any questions live about it if you had any?
Seriously looking in to collecting some to see how it goes then if all does well store to stake it in the wallet.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1141

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 07:37:39 PM

I agree that 2020 is too short for bitcoin to increase in price dramatically.  I think it will take another two decade, that is if the current problem of Bitcoin is solved.  If not then I only see the current Bitcoin supporter moving to another cryptocurrency thus making all the prediction invalid.

As for Bitcoin fate, let us just wait for your time frame. I do not have an idea on when will the fate of bitcoin unfold.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:26:01 PM

I agree that 2020 is too short for bitcoin to increase in price dramatically.  I think it will take another two decade, that is if the current problem of Bitcoin is solved.  If not then I only see the current Bitcoin supporter moving to another cryptocurrency thus making all the prediction invalid.

As for Bitcoin fate, let us just wait for your time frame. I do not have an idea on when will the fate of bitcoin unfold.

What current problem? The scaling problem? Because that will never be fully solved, just like the internet scaling problem is always a problem, so in itself is not a problem, its just a never ending process.

If by 2027 21 BTC holders aren't rich it will be a disappointment. At least 1 million USD per 21 BTC holder should be guaranteed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: