Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:56:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweatshops in a realistic light.  (Read 14705 times)
JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:20:15 PM

Anyone who can be bothered to say that people working want to or enjoy doing so

has never work a fucking day in their entire life. that is all

Huh? I have several friends who can stop working TODAY if they chose to. They would have enough money to sustain them comfortably until they die. They all work because they enjoy it.
I'm not quite there yet, but I'm working on it.  Grin

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 11:21:43 PM

Huh? I have several friends who can stop working TODAY if they chose to. They would have enough money to sustain them comfortably until they die. They all work because they enjoy it.

I'm with you on this one. Jobs suck. Careers are AWESOME.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
LastBattle

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:52:53 PM

Are they flipping burgers at McDonalds?

You're standing on a flagstone running with blood, alone and so very lonely because you can't choose but you had to

I take tips to: 14sF7NNGJzXvoBcfbLR6N4Exy8umCAqdBd
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 01:57:17 AM

See, there is a reason I am referring to New Hampshire specifically, as opposed to "Free market states".

Yes, obviously you've selected the one example that appears to be doing well.  Why would you select any of the other libertarian leaning states that are all doing horribly?  That wouldn't bode well for your position.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
Anonymous

July 03, 2011, 02:18:24 AM

See, there is a reason I am referring to New Hampshire specifically, as opposed to "Free market states".

Yes, obviously you've selected the one example that appears to be doing well.  Why would you select any of the other libertarian leaning states that are all doing horribly?  That wouldn't bode well for your position.
Uh, there aren't any other libertarian-leaning states to speak of.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 02:39:20 AM

Alaska, Wyoming, and Texas were all considered before NH was eventually picked.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Anonymous

July 03, 2011, 02:43:43 AM

Ew. Compared to how New Hampshire is now, they wouldn't even cross my mind. Heck, I live in Texas.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 02:47:11 AM

Ew. Compared to how New Hampshire is now, they wouldn't even cross my mind. Heck, I live in Texas.
Well, NH was picked for a reason.

JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 06:55:18 AM

Are they flipping burgers at McDonalds?
No.

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
Babylon

Activity: 938

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:37:18 AM

As I've already said, LOTS of bitching and whining about what you're "forced" into... but you're still here, voluntarily.  Wink

Where is here?

Also, didn't we already cover this? The government doesn't have claim to our land. Additionally, where else is there to go? Please, point me to a place that has no government and I will head there immediately.

Also, your logic is failtastic. By the same logic, the Ukrainians are to blame for being killed by the Soviets, the middle class in Cambodia is to blame for not leaving the country, the Jews in Germany are to blame for not leaving Germany, etc.

I ask again. Where is the consistency?

Those other situations are not comparable.  You can figure out why all by yourself (hint: it's really obvious),  I'm not your history teacher.

This isn't YOUR land.  This is the land of the people (ALL the people) of the United States of America.

Where you go is up to you.  Buy a house boat and go float on the ocean.  The fact that you're too lazy to find somewhere you'd like better doesn't mean you're FORCED to live here under conditions you don't agree with.

Here's the problem I have with AnCap, spelled out by a statist, interestingly enough.

It's not MY land.  under AyeYo's solution or an AnCap one.  Chances are it's not yours either, althgouh that depends a lot on how societal change comes.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 01:11:24 PM

Obviously because, as already pointed out, the even more libertarian leaning states like Alaska, Montana, VT, anything in the middle of the country, etc. are all raging failures.  You've lighted on the exception to the rule and you think it proves your point.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
LastBattle

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 04:36:11 PM

Yes, obviously you've selected the one example that appears to be doing well.  Why would you select any of the other libertarian leaning states that are all doing horribly?  That wouldn't bode well for your position.

Obviously because, as already pointed out, the even more libertarian leaning states like Alaska, Montana, VT, anything in the middle of the country, etc. are all raging failures.  You've lighted on the exception to the rule and you think it proves your point.

You do realize that Alaska, Montana, and Vermont are not libertarian, right?

Obviously because, as already pointed out, the even more statist leaning nations like North Korea and Cuba, etc are all raging failures. You've lighted an exception to the rule and you think it proves your point.

You see what I did there? I painted a strawman.

If you really want me to educate you, I can provide you with information as to exactly why they are not libertarian. Furthermore, I can follow it up with what makes New Hampshire better.

Anyway, you are dodging (though you seem naturally inclined to doing that) my point. If free markets don't work, explain how Hong Kong ended up doing well despite being built on a rock with no support coming in from Britain.

You're standing on a flagstone running with blood, alone and so very lonely because you can't choose but you had to

I take tips to: 14sF7NNGJzXvoBcfbLR6N4Exy8umCAqdBd
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: