Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:35:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin QT Says I have 0.1BTC, blockchain.info says I have 0?  (Read 1465 times)
Liam W (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 02:09:47 PM

My bitcoin-qt client says I have 0.1BTC, so why does blockchain.info say I have 0 when I imported my wallet?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 04:58:26 PM

One of them is wrong.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Can't see without knowing the address you are talking about?

Maybe the import didn't get all of the addresses in your wallet?  Guess it could be several reasons.

Export your blockchain.info wallet and compare the two.  Just a thought.

whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:34:18 PM

My bitcoin-qt client says I have 0.1BTC, so why does blockchain.info say I have 0 when I imported my wallet?
HOW did you "import your wallet"? Pywallet? Bitcoin RPC Sync?
And a heads up- Enable 2 Factor Authentication on your blockchain account. Mine recently got hacked and I lost my precious bitcoins  Cry

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:59:22 AM

And a heads up- Enable 2 Factor Authentication on your blockchain account. Mine recently got hacked and I lost my precious bitcoins  Cry

How did that happen?
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:36:16 AM

How did that happen?

Not strong enough password, I guess. Sad That day, ~120 BTC was stolen from users of blockchain.info. (!) Now I got my Google Authenticator enabled Smiley

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Liam W (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 08:06:43 PM

Sorry all for the non-reply...

One of them is wrong.

Maybe the import didn't get all of the addresses in your wallet?  Guess it could be several reasons.

Blockchain.info has an import bitcoin-qt wallet function.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:23:32 PM

One of them is wrong.

Your best option is probably to contact blockchain.info support.

As has already been stated, without access to the wallet it is very difficult to determine which is incorrect.

If you still have the Bitcoin-Qt running with the wallet, you could try running the following command in the "Console" of the "Debug Window" under the "Help" menu:

Code:
listunspent

That will tell you which bitcoins your Bitcoin-Qt wallet thinks it stall has.  Then you can look on the blockchain.info website and see if those inputs exist and if they are spent already.

If they are already spent, or if they don't exist, then you probably had some sort of "double-spend attempt" issue that caused your Bitcoin-Qt wallet to get out of sync with the blockchain.

If the exist in the blockchain and are not yet spent, then the blockchain.info wallet is incorrect and their support will have to fix it for you.
Liam W (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 04:51:26 PM

One of them is wrong.

Your best option is probably to contact blockchain.info support.

As has already been stated, without access to the wallet it is very difficult to determine which is incorrect.

If you still have the Bitcoin-Qt running with the wallet, you could try running the following command in the "Console" of the "Debug Window" under the "Help" menu:

Code:
listunspent

That will tell you which bitcoins your Bitcoin-Qt wallet thinks it stall has.  Then you can look on the blockchain.info website and see if those inputs exist and if they are spent already.

If they are already spent, or if they don't exist, then you probably had some sort of "double-spend attempt" issue that caused your Bitcoin-Qt wallet to get out of sync with the blockchain.

If the exist in the blockchain and are not yet spent, then the blockchain.info wallet is incorrect and their support will have to fix it for you.

Thanks, I'll take a look when the 2 factor auth removal request completes... *sigh* why did I have to change ROM's so many times and then also change device...

The issue is though that the internet connection I use blocks outgoing ports (except 443 and 80, literally - I can't even connect to an ftp server), so desktop clients don't work...
spin

Activity: 362
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:39:14 AM

I would simply review the transaction list on blockchain.info and on bitcoin-qt.  See which transactions don't match. 

They may not match because you have a different address on one or the other.  This can happen because both those wallets could add addresses that are not on the other wallet.  If you continue to use bitcoin-qt for example it may be generating new addresses that were not imported into blockchain.info. 

Your QT may be out of sync given that the ports are blocked.  Thus it may not reflect the most recent transactions on it's list.

If you liked this post buy me a beer.  Beers are quite cheap where I live!
bc1q707guwp9pc73r08jw23lvecpywtazjjk399daa
GambleX

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GambleX Exchange/Gambling

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 07:42:51 PM

Two things to consider:

1. Did you import ALL private keys of your wallet?

2. You may need to rescan your QT client. -->  -rescan                "Rescan the block chain for missing wallet transactions"
softron

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:01:47 PM

You should lookup the address on blockchain explorer to confirm, if you have bitcoins there

Liam W (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 02:13:47 PM

I'll check everything when I get a client to sync, which is going to take ages on a mobile network connection...

I shall report back with any results Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: