Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:05:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What could happen if, lets say, Google Wallet start using Bitcoin?  (Read 1228 times)
pera (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:51:14 PM

Predict the price Smiley

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 04:56:26 PM

Im not that keen on trowing a seemingly abritrary number out (price). But I wouls like to state that in my opinnion this would overnight give bitcoin legitimacy that a few ddos attacks, or fear uncertanity and disbelief spewed out by media could nolonger undermine.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
pera (OP)

­バカ

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:12:39 PM

I say this because Google is already paying to some of their engineers to develop bitcoinj, and Google Wallet is not taking on Paypal's market...

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:25:15 PM

I say this because Google is already paying to some of their engineers to develop bitcoinj, and Google Wallet is not taking on Paypal's market...

One engineer's personal projects != paying some of their engineers to develop it.  They give everybody a chunk of time every week where they can work on personal projects.

If you look at the commit logs, you will see exactly 3 @Google addresses.  1 has submitted a single patch to allow a different build system, one has merged 2 small features, and the last is Mike Hearn, who created the project.  Only Mike is consistently working on it , and he is averaging less than one commit per day since the project started.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:28:29 PM

That said, if they are actively working on something as a corporate goal, they would be working on private branches until they are ready to announce.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:43:47 PM

What would happen is that I would suspect we've suddenly shifted to a parallel universe... Now, in a couple years, maybe  Cheesy
ManBearPig

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 05:46:03 PM

That would be nice but there's no way I'd say "This news is worth X" as the media love to report.

Let's just say: a positive impact Smiley

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
NikolaTesla

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:18:04 PM

I actually think this is quite possible. Bitcoin is popular in Silicon Valley, and Google has always been relatively forward-thinking.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:17:13 PM

I actually think this is quite possible. Bitcoin is popular in Silicon Valley, and Google has always been relatively forward-thinking.

Their objection all along has been legal concerns.  Perhaps they will have their lawyers take a fresh look at it now that the FinCen guidelines are out.

revans

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:40:41 PM

There isn't a chance in hell of Google adopting Bitcoin or any other major corporation; dream on bozos.
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:42:32 PM

There isn't a chance in hell of Google adopting Bitcoin or any other major corporation; dream on bozos.

I've noticed your posts. What interests you about bitcoin enough to post here?
revans

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:44:42 PM

I think it now stands as little more than a sinister scam
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:47:57 PM

I disagree but I suppose that makes sense. People just need to move out of gox.
myrkul

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 08:51:32 PM

One engineer's personal projects != paying some of their engineers to develop it.  They give everybody a chunk of time every week where they can work on personal projects.

If you look at the commit logs, you will see exactly 3 @Google addresses.  1 has submitted a single patch to allow a different build system, one has merged 2 small features, and the last is Mike Hearn, who created the project.  Only Mike is consistently working on it , and he is averaging less than one commit per day since the project started.
Yeah, but look at how many other 20% projects have taken off and become actual Google tools.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
pera (OP)

­バカ

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:43:53 AM

FED agents everywhere!

no.. really, i would like to know who is paying to all those new users..

Name:    revans
Position:    Full Member
Date Registered:    11-04-2013, 09:38:25
full-time job!  Cheesy

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: