Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2018, 01:13:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GekkoScience NewPac Stickminer Official Support Thread  (Read 2598 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gcanelson

Activity: 73
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:44:31 AM

Save this as mine.bat in the same folder as the cgminer.exe you are trying to run.   You will need to edit the part on the cgminer line with your pool and user info and also add any options you usually run, like asicboost.  Once you see that it is working, you can add a shortcut to the .bat to your startup folder.

Code:
@echo off
:start
start cmd.exe @cmd /c "cgminer -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1zsmithbYtyrcZ2jAAYwZHyAy28zv7pUY -p x"
timeout 21600
taskkill /F /IM cgminer.exe /T
timeout 2
goto start

Thanks for this. I've updated it and saved it in my Tools folder for another day... that's more of a reminder to me than for you!
Old and Forgetful G
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
419mining
Copper Member

Activity: 43
Merit: 9

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 05:13:41 AM

thingiverse 3d model uploaded,

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3270261

it is a work in progress. bear that in mind.

I also have the 70mm fans, I'll post those to our website tomorrow. nice little USB connector for power (see previous post)

I've looking at cheap tablet stand to support the fan above but this might be interesting to play with. I'm using two 140mm fan now. one above and one from the side.

my desktop is modular with bays. I've been thinking of trying to set a hub inside a bay with two fans from and back since the newpacs for me have have close to zero issues or "zombies". Sidehacks hub has a six pin and might try to find a way to use a sata cable if that possible. Or maybe just a pipe dream.

1) I can model out a hold for 140mm if you like, the design is very modular
2) that would be a cool idea, check out the power cables from GPU miner risers, they are a sata to 6pin conversion cable but a direct draw from the power supply over 6 a PCIe power cable would be preferable.

*** The NEW GekkoScience NewPac USB Stick Miner  - Order NOW: use 'Gekkoship' coupon for free US shipping***
House Xylander

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 05:25:10 AM

thingiverse 3d model uploaded,

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3270261

it is a work in progress. bear that in mind.

I also have the 70mm fans, I'll post those to our website tomorrow. nice little USB connector for power (see previous post)

[...]

looking good, now i just need to get a 3d printer.
gcanelson

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 05:30:42 AM

Summary from a Saturday of rearranging the system...

After much mucking about, the end result is pretty good:
The 9 NewPacs are rock solid - no `missing nonces' and such. 6 @ 550 MHz and 3 @ 475 MHz in a `3 by 3' set of cgminer instances... I pulled the 2Pacs out of the Eyeboot USB3.0 Hub... they can have a rest until the new 2.0 hubs arrive... well, all but one 2Pac which is quietly running at 200 MHz in its own cgminer instance... the Terminus is also running happy at 250 MHz, also in its own cgminer instance...each type of GS `flavor' is on its own controller and hub... Lots of fans everywhere...All miners, including the one suspect of the six new arrivals from yesterday are running at or within 1/2 percent of expected hashrate...solid, solid and solid... I'm not the least bit panicked about heat and the 9 NewPacs have been running for 14 hours in this configuration... still show as GSH 0, 1 and 2 on each cgminer - with no restarts. If I haven't said so before, these NewPacs are fantastic...

There's no point in calling them impossible or unbelievable. They clearly have happened!
gt_addict

Activity: 1078
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:44:21 PM

Anyway to apply a specific freq to each stick on the same hub?

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
minefarmbuy

Activity: 266
Merit: 66

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 08:52:34 PM

Anyway to apply a specific freq to each stick on the same hub?

Have to run multiple batch files with "--usb :1" in the line along with the change in freq. I think there's a way to target specific ports but I don't recall how to do that.

minefarmbuy

Activity: 266
Merit: 66

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 08:54:16 PM

Summmary from a Saturday of rearranging the system...

After much mucking about, the end result is pretty good:
The 9 NewPacs are rock solid - no `missing nonces' and such. 6 @ 550 MHz and 3 @ 475 MHz in a `3 by 3' set of cgminer instances... I pulled the 2Pacs out of the Eyeboot USB3.0 Hub... they can have a rest until the new 2.0 hubs arrive... well, all but one 2Pac which is quietly running at 200 MHz in its own cgminer instance... the Terminus is also running happy at 250 MHz, also in its own cgminer instance...each type of GS `flavor' is on its own controller and hub... Lots of fans everywhere...All miners, including the one suspect of the six new arrivals from yesterday are running at or within 1/2 percent of expected hashrate...solid, solid and solid... I'm not the least bit panicked about heat and the 9 NewPacs have been running for 14 hours in this configuration... still show as GSH 0, 1 and 2 on each cgminer - with no restarts. If I haven't said so before, these NewPacs are fantastic...

There's no point in calling them impossible or unbelievable. They clearly have happened!

Nice, glad everything is humming a long. Any shots of the set up?

gt_addict

Activity: 1078
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 09:10:19 PM

Have to run multiple batch files with "--usb :1" in the line along with the change in freq. I think there's a way to target specific ports but I don't recall how to do that.

Thanks for the help. Got two instances running one stick will do no more than 300mhz and the other no more than 350mhz. Any high and they drop out. Can’t figure out how you guys are running them so high.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
419mining
Copper Member

Activity: 43
Merit: 9

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 10:55:37 PM

check out the Creality3D Ender 3, its what I run, its got a good size build platform and the price was very reasonable.

*** The NEW GekkoScience NewPac USB Stick Miner  - Order NOW: use 'Gekkoship' coupon for free US shipping***
gcanelson

View Profile
Today at 12:42:42 AM

Nice, glad everything is humming a long. Any shots of the set up?

Well mfb, there's nothing here for me to shoot with!
Just visualize an Eyeboot 19 port USB 3.0 (the one with the built-in power supply) half filled with 9 NewPacs surrounded by four Arctic Breeze Fans...The Terminus sits on homemade wooden legs with, yep another Arctic Breeze fan to cool the underside. For now, seven 2Pacs are resting in anti-stat wraps and one 2Pac is all that a sh*tty seven port Staples hub can handle... it doesn't even provide power for (you guessed it...) another Artic Breeze Fan... Two re-furbished desktops, a laptop and RaspPi are used as controllers... I'm thinking about using an atx power supply and some (near silent) industrial fans when two new 7-port Hubs arrive...but then again, I might just wait for the new GS Hubs...For now, the laptop is the noisiest item on the nice mahogany table... there's room on the right front for a bottle and a glass - you have to plan your workspace carefully!

As a side note, after switching to the newest Dec.06 cgminer, I still couldn't get asic boost to run... and with or without ab those nasty `missing nonces' and restarts returned... so I switched back to  Nov 20, 2018 @ 90e7d31 - cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-90e7d31.7z
and immediately, all 9 NewPacs are happy again... so I am too...

Thanks for the help. Got two instances running one stick will do no more than 300mhz and the other no more than 350mhz. Any high and they drop out. Can’t figure out how you guys are running them so high.

Hey, gt_a:
See my previous post.
Don't cheap out on your powered hub(s). Apply lots of air flow to keep things cool... and make sure that whatever controller(s) you're using (laptop, desktop or pi) are robust enough to handle the amounts of data you'll want to be pushing through...

Fortunately for all of us, GekkoScience (sidehack) is REAL CLOSE to rolling out homegrown mining hubs - Just imagine! Hubs that are MEANT for mining from the guy(s) who created the USB miners we're all using... My-o-my... I have a good feeling about those bad boys!
House Xylander

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
Today at 01:06:06 AM

check out the Creality3D Ender 3, its what I run, its got a good size build platform and the price was very reasonable.

will do, thank you
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.