Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:54:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Ripple?  (Read 945 times)
metalbean (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:29:44 AM

Not about trading but can  someone well informed explain in layman term what Ripple does?

It seems that the banks love it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NASdaq

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:10:29 AM

Not about trading but can  someone well informed explain in layman term what Ripple does?

Any attack made by the Banks against Ripple would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they've obtained. Ripple is now the ultimate power in the universe! I suggest we use it.
God27

Activity: 364

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:30:47 AM

Do you know what Stellar is?

thebatletbet

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:34:59 AM

i think lumens stellar coin is now not good to trading
this now stellar coin is bad price and still in low price not incraese
is good wait dev incraese development stellar
God27

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:54:09 AM

I totally agree, but I wanted to see if he knew what Stellar was.

But how about this.  If XRP ever goes up in price, I will guarantee XLM gets pumped right along side of it with no new news from the Stellar camp.

metalbean (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 10:35:09 AM

Another thing is why does the ripple founder keep half of the coins , isn't that just too much.
God27

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:44:32 PM

Another thing is why does the ripple founder keep half of the coins , isn't that just too much.

Who Jed? His XRP's are in a lock up agreement based on volume. I think he deserves the 5 billion XRP or so that he still holds.

Ripple the company still holds over 63 billion XRP out of the 99,996,xxx,xxx.xx XRP. So they still hold over half. They have been selling between 200 million and 500 million monthly at about market price for lately.

I think the ripple founders thought they might not need a series c round of investors due to the value of their XRP reserves being it's own source of funding. We should know by Q4 of 2017 if they can solely survive on their own or will need another investment round to stay a float thus giving up more equity.

An IPO is so far off it shouldn't even be brought up. Maybe in the future some juggernaut  (Amazon,  Alphabet, Microsoft) will acquire ripple kinda like AOL did Netscape.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 01:25:05 PM

Who Jed? His XRP's are in a lock up agreement based on volume. I think he deserves the 5 billion XRP or so that he still holds.

Ripple the company still holds over 63 billion XRP out of the 99,996,xxx,xxx.xx XRP. So they still hold over half. They have been selling between 200 million and 500 million monthly at about market price for lately.

I think the ripple founders thought they might not need a series c round of investors due to the value of their XRP reserves being it's own source of funding. We should know by Q4 of 2017 if they can solely survive on their own or will need another investment round to stay a float thus giving up more equity.

An IPO is so far off it shouldn't even be brought up. Maybe in the future some juggernaut  (Amazon,  Alphabet, Microsoft) will acquire ripple kinda like AOL did Netscape.

And why would anyone want to acquire them?  There's a lot of metrics to prove Ripple is pretty unpopular (notice the hostility they encounter on many crypto social media) and there's even been audits, from China CERT, which suggests it has terrible and unsafe code.

It's a weird group of people who had been working on, well whatever it is they're trying to accomplish, Ripple since 2004.  I don't think a dinosaur project is going to become viral anytime soon.

Also the people who left and went off to Stellar seem to have 1:1 code of Ripple, so Stellar right now would be a real bargain to purchase (if your thing is unsafe and insecure Ripple code lol).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
God27

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:51:32 PM

An IPO is so far off it shouldn't even be brought up. Maybe in the future some juggernaut  (Amazon,  Alphabet, Microsoft) will acquire ripple kinda like AOL did Netscape.

And why would anyone want to acquire them?  There's a lot of metrics to prove Ripple is pretty unpopular (notice the hostility they encounter on many crypto social media) and there's even been audits, from China CERT, which suggests it has terrible and unsafe code.

It's a weird group of people who had been working on, well whatever it is they're trying to accomplish, Ripple since 2004.  I don't think a dinosaur project is going to become viral anytime soon.

Also the people who left and went off to Stellar seem to have 1:1 code of Ripple, so Stellar right now would be a real bargain to purchase (if your thing is unsafe and insecure Ripple code lol).

The weird people you speak of have been working on the project since 2012...
I don't think they are trying to go "viral" lol. But alright, I see what you are saying, ripple will never be acquired because of the hostility they receive on social media. Now I know social media is the leading indicator for mergers and acquisitions. I learn something new everyday.

Here is a response to the China Cert from ripple' s Chief Cryptographer David Schwartz.
https://ripple.com/dev-blog/response-china-cert-report/

metalbean (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:46:50 PM

But how about this.  If XRP ever goes up in price, I will guarantee XLM gets pumped right along side of it with no new news from the Stellar camp.

Didn't know about Stellar until 5 mins ago.

Now please enlighten me with your point Smiley
God27

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 06:15:36 PM

Not about trading but can  someone well informed explain in layman term what Ripple does?

But how about this.  If XRP ever goes up in price, I will guarantee XLM gets pumped right along side of it with no new news from the Stellar camp.

Believe me I have nothing enlightening for you, although I wish I did.  I was just starting with the Stellar question since a lot of people signed up for it when it came out.
One of the creators of ripple left and started Stellar, they are very alike.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 06:29:26 PM

I don't think they are trying to go "viral" lol. But alright, I see what you are saying, ripple will never be acquired because of the hostility they receive on social media. Now I know social media is the leading indicator for mergers and acquisitions. I learn something new everyday.

Here is a response to the China Cert from ripple' s Chief Cryptographer David Schwartz.

Like you've never seen anyone tried to cover their own ass when they get exposed?  Lol

BTW - Ripple started all the way back in 2004, by Fugger.

It's another vaporware dinosaur which latched onto Blockchain to sucker investors.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
God27

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 07:16:33 PM

Like you've never seen anyone tried to cover their own ass when they get exposed?  Lol

BTW - Ripple started all the way back in 2004, by Fugger.

It's another vaporware dinosaur which latched onto Blockchain to sucker investors.

Here's a little explanation on how ripple 2012-present compares to the ripple you are talking about from 2004 by Theymos in the comments of this thread.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5gjg5f/worst_case_scenario_protocol_is_set_in_stone_no/

Here's a weak interview with Fugger about ripple currently.
http://bluzelle.com/5-questions-with-the-creator-of-the-original-ripple/

metalbean (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 11:12:00 AM

Not about trading but can  someone well informed explain in layman term what Ripple does?

But how about this.  If XRP ever goes up in price, I will guarantee XLM gets pumped right along side of it with no new news from the Stellar camp.

Believe me I have nothing enlightening for you, although I wish I did.  I was just starting with the Stellar question since a lot of people signed up for it when it came out.
One of the creators of ripple left and started Stellar, they are very alike.

Googled, apparently the founder was involved in Ripple first before he left to start Stellar. Architecture wise am guessing they could be similar.

So now we have two competing cryptocurrency and who knows there are more.
theminer

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 01:24:20 PM

Ripple must be getting serious as Bitstamp added them as their first altcoin.
metalbean (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 01:41:22 PM

Well they are consistently ranked 3 or 4 in terms of market cap, though their available coins are actually released in advanced hence different from other cryptocoins which we have to mine. Their trading volume should be more reflective and it is not very high.
PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 01:54:17 PM

Well they are consistently ranked 3 or 4 in terms of market cap, though their available coins are actually released in advanced hence different from other cryptocoins which we have to mine. Their trading volume should be more reflective and it is not very high.
I also saw that at a good place at marketplace but I have not heard much about that coin in any place. I do not see any place where this coin is used. I think it is because of its value people focus on that coin and invest actively in it.
metalbean (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 05:56:49 AM

Another thing to note is that XRP has lost >50% value over the past year.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: