Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:20:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help needed  (Read 761 times)
jakea8 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 11:42:30 AM

sorry if this is a stupid question, but ive searched and cannot find the answer anywhere.

If using a s7, does it matter about what computer you use to log set it up? i have a macbook and an imac, but will invest in a new computer if needed? does the computer need to be on all day aswel? thanks
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:08:02 PM

You don't need a computer. The S7 have an integrated controller. You just need a power supply and an ethernet cable.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2544

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 01:41:38 PM

Why does no one even try to RTFM these days Huh https://shop.bitmain.com/files/download/Antminer%20S7%20user%20guide.pdf

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 02:44:01 PM

All you need is a browser on your network to log into your miner (the IP will be written somewhere on the miner),a laptop (any kind),PC (any kind) will have that ability.

Just type the IP of the miner into the address bar of your browser & it should show up  Cool

Might even be able to use your Iphone,not sure about an app for that though......

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 02:49:02 PM

I'm wondering the same thing as Notfuzzywarm, since the manuals are pretty straight-forward and there is not that many pages.
Even finding the manual is not that hard, just type antminer s7 manual in Google.

And even though here at the forum there is a lot of chat about almost every basic thing in mining, these new help!!!! topics just keep coming over and over again.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 06:30:57 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 09:59:32 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

I'm wondering the same thing as Notfuzzywarm, since the manuals are pretty straight-forward and there is not that many pages.
Even finding the manual is not that hard, just type antminer s7 manual in Google.

And even though here at the forum there is a lot of chat about almost every basic thing in mining, these new help!!!! topics just keep coming over and over again.
Thx. I am reminded of this modern take on an old Proverb:
Give someone an answer and they know that one point.
Teach someone how to search and they can know all they need Wink

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 08:50:52 AM

sorry if this is a stupid question, but ive searched and cannot find the answer anywhere.

If using a s7, does it matter about what computer you use to log set it up? i have a macbook and an imac, but will invest in a new computer if needed? does the computer need to be on all day aswel? thanks

The S7 has a built in controller, because of this you don't need to connect a computer to it unless you want to make changes to it's configuration. If there is a blinking green light on the front then it's online and hashing.

All you have to do is visit the IP address of your miner on the local network by a device that is currently connected to the same network. You will have to wait until the controller powers up before you can connect to it...this can take a minute or so. Longer if it's being bad.

You can use your cell phone, your laptop or even an old x86 desktop to make changes to it's settings...otherwise no special computer is needed. The miner just needs to be plugged into the internet and have sufficient power.

Thx. I am reminded of this modern take on an old Proverb:
Give someone an answer and they know that one point.
Teach someone how to search and they can know all they need Wink

sometimes it's easier to ask even if searching would be more effective...in addition, sharing knowledge reinforces it in your own memory...win win.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 01:48:40 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2017, 02:15:00 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

sometimes it's easier to ask even if searching would be more effective...
Ja asking is good - if there is no hard information out there already.

It may be easier but again - you only learn the one point.

Learning how to search for information be it on-line, in a library or within ones soul leads to a deeper/wider understanding from you investigating the leads found. That is provided a person cares to understand how/why something is what it is vs just knowing a single point of something.

isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:30:03 AM

Learning how to search for information be it on-line, in a library or within ones soul leads to a deeper/wider understanding from you investigating the leads found. That is provided a person cares to understand how/why something is what it is vs just knowing a single point of something.

True, I find it best to ask only after exhausting alternatives.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: