Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:54:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to start mining again and ned advise  (Read 381 times)
gondel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:12:25 PM

Hello guys,
I have some experience in mining back in 2013, when CPU mining was still worth it when mining Primecoin.
Back then I had some shitty video card and was just playing around with all the new coins popping up every day.
So, basically I know how it is done and know the basics.
At the moment I want to start mining alts again, but to first invest in good GPU and then add more gpus with the time.
I was not into this for quite a long time and I need your advise with what to start with. I was looking at the average profit calculators and it seems that AMD 470-480 are the best now for the price they are ( please correct me if I am wrong). My electricity costs 6 cents during the night and around 10 cents during the day. Do you think its worth it?
I need an advise which one is best to start investing with. I have motherboard bought back in 2012, around 4 gb ram, 2 core cpu (this is briefly).
I am ready to buy new mother board, ram, cpu and first to start with one gpu and if I see een slight profit immediatelly to upgrade to 5-6 gpus. I like to try new coins also and I am opened to play around, but need proper gpu which will last some time.
I will apreciate any advise!
Thanks!

Regards,

Gondel

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:25:39 PM

I give you advice, buy a glasses, if you can't read, and buy a calculator, if you don't know how to do the math...

This is my signature...
gondel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:55:03 PM

I give you advice, buy a glasses, if you can't read, and buy a calculator, if you don't know how to do the math...
I see you are an expert, I can also advise you lot of things, please pm me.
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:53:28 PM

I see you are an expert, I can also advise you lot of things, please pm me.

I see you're a lazy ass, and I'm not going to waste my time with you...

This is my signature...
Tasty Potato

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 09:54:22 PM

Hello guys,
I have some experience in mining back in 2013, when CPU mining was still worth it when mining Primecoin.
Back then I had some shitty video card and was just playing around with all the new coins popping up every day.
So, basically I know how it is done and know the basics.
At the moment I want to start mining alts again, but to first invest in good GPU and then add more gpus with the time.
I was not into this for quite a long time and I need your advise with what to start with. I was looking at the average profit calculators and it seems that AMD 470-480 are the best now for the price they are ( please correct me if I am wrong). My electricity costs 6 cents during the night and around 10 cents during the day. Do you think its worth it?
I need an advise which one is best to start investing with. I have motherboard bought back in 2012, around 4 gb ram, 2 core cpu (this is briefly).
I am ready to buy new mother board, ram, cpu and first to start with one gpu and if I see een slight profit immediatelly to upgrade to 5-6 gpus. I like to try new coins also and I am opened to play around, but need proper gpu which will last some time.
I will apreciate any advise!
Thanks!

Regards,

Gondel

Well, you do seem a bit childish, but nevertheless I would suggest you to read the miners posts and feel the coins they mine and with what cards and pools. After that I would have gone to Polo or other exchange and made a list of potential coins. After I would have made my formulas in Excel for estimated profits/expanses/ROI. And started hunting for best prices of my new cards or rigs.

Back in my first newb times this info would helped me all right.

And all good info is here, on this forum, the rest is really up to you >_<
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: