Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:38:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: As it turns out, Craig Wright actually is Satoshi!  (Read 12947 times)
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:04:45 PM

WTF?  This is turning out to be pretty weird.  Why is the world starting to accept this as fact all of the sudden? 
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-new-satoshi-nakamoto-rumors/

I really dont understand the reason behind this sudden interest in who Satoshi is or was? The crypto world is moving forward, bitcoin is leaving to expectation despite challenges here and there and people have looked for him and tired of looking for him. For crying out loud let the man or woman enjoys his labour or effort. In the near future someone else will do another 'investigative journalism' and claim someone else is the real Satoshi and others are fakes...
panopotty

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:13:05 PM

And ppl like you are why wright gets to move in the shadows and do as he wants.

Crypto means perfection. What BS.

You think you can make a person sign. You are all losing to him as you cannot look past your own huborous

Wait and see

I can code is how I can see that the code is there. You should learn this and to read!

I understand crypto, better than most here. I know the limits that seem to escape so many
traincarswreck

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:16:09 PM

WTF?  This is turning out to be pretty weird.  Why is the world starting to accept this as fact all of the sudden? 

I really dont understand the reason behind this sudden interest in who Satoshi is or was? The crypto world is moving forward, bitcoin is leaving to expectation despite challenges here and there and people have looked for him and tired of looking for him. For crying out loud let the man or woman enjoys his labour or effort. In the near future someone else will do another 'investigative journalism' and claim someone else is the real Satoshi and others are fakes...
Exactly, its fake news.  Think about and the timing.  If the world was really interested they would be talking about Nash's essays about how an international e-currency with a stable supply would asymptotically take power from central banks to arbitrarily print money.

The Wright news was clearly a coordinated stunt pulled probably by a group that Wright got to believe it is "likely" Satoshi. They think they are being benevolent but its simply because they are "in the know" and are corrupted by the power of it.
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:17:13 PM

You think you can make a person sign. You are all losing to him as you cannot look past your own huborous

Wait and see

I can code is how I can see that the code is there. You should learn this and to read!

I understand crypto, better than most here. I know the limits that seem to escape so many
If wright wanted to be in the shadows he wouldn't be on fucking major international news sites claiming to be Satoshi.

You can't code, you don't even understand basic pgp encryption.
panopotty

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:34:41 PM

I understand PGP well.

I also know that the idea you have is BS... you cannot make another prove nor disprove as a result of your bs.
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:36:41 PM

I understand PGP well.

I also know that the idea you have is BS... you cannot make another prove nor disprove as a result of your bs.

You have already demonstrated i this thread that you do not.

We all need to ask, why you, Gavin, and (alledged) Satoshi don't understand how pgp encryption works and what it is for.

The problem we are having is that much of the community seems to be wholly ignorant to this.  And so myths can easily be perpetuated (such as Satoshi wanted bitcoin to be scaled as a coffee money, which is bullshit).

No one that understands pgp encryption believes Wright could possibly be Satoshi.
panopotty

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:47:06 PM

Blah blaH - IE KNOWS WHAT sn WANTS....

The problem we are having is that much of the community seems to be wholly ignorant to this.  And so myths can easily be perpetuated (such as Satoshi wanted bitcoin to be scaled as a coffee money, which is bullshit).

Yet Satoshi said:
"While I don't think Bitcoin is practical for smaller micropayments right now, it will eventually be as storage and bandwidth costs continue to fall. If Bitcoin catches on on a big scale, it may already be the case by that time. Another way they can become more practical is if I implement client-only mode and the number of network nodes consolidates into a smaller number of professional server farms. Whatever size micropayments you need will eventually be practical. I think in 5 or 10 years, the bandwidth and storage will seem trivial."

Coffee is WAY larger than a micropayment
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:48:36 PM

Blah blaH - IE KNOWS WHAT sn WANTS....

Yet Satoshi said:
"While I don't think Bitcoin is practical for smaller micropayments right now, it will eventually be as storage and bandwidth costs continue to fall. If Bitcoin catches on on a big scale, it may already be the case by that time. Another way they can become more practical is if I implement client-only mode and the number of network nodes consolidates into a smaller number of professional server farms. Whatever size micropayments you need will eventually be practical. I think in 5 or 10 years, the bandwidth and storage will seem trivial."

Coffee is WAY larger than a micropayment
Do you understand why no credible scientist will accept your conclusion based on "satoshi said"?
panopotty

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:55:37 PM

Do you understand...

And I quote...
"such as Satoshi wanted bitcoin to be scaled as a coffee money, which is bullshit"

That a quote from Satoshi is a Quote from Satoshi and is evidence of what he said and that you are a lying shit who twists that.... Smiley
Assman

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:59:24 PM

Wait and see

It's "hubris", fyi.

Also, irony meter is about to break.

panopotty

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:03:55 PM

pedant

englist is not everyones frst language
panopotty

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:12:12 PM

"Xoтя я нe дyмaю, чтo пpямo ceйчac Bitcoin пpaктичнo для мaлeнькиx микpoплaтeжeй, тo в кoнeчнoм итoгe бyдeт в кaчecтвe xpaнeния и пpoпycкнoй cпocoбнocти зaтpaты пpoдoлжaют пaдaть.

Ecли Bitcoin yлaвливaeт в бoльшиx мacштaбax, этo мoжeт быть бoлee тaк в этo вpeмя.

Дpyгoй cпocoб Биткoйн мoжeт cтaть бoлee пpaктичным бyдeт, ecли я peaлизoвaть peжим клиeнтa тoлькo и чиcлo yзлoв в ceти включaeт в ceбя мeньшee кoличecтвo пpoфeccиoнaльныx фepмax cepвepoв.

Heзaвиcимo oт paзмepa вaм нyжнo микpoплaтeжeй в кoнeчнoм итoгe бyдeт пpaктичным.

Я дyмaю, чтo чepeз 5 или 10 лeт, пpoпycкнaя cпocoбнocть и xpaнeниe бyдeт кaзaтьcя тpивиaльным ".

Tongue
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 06:20:25 PM

Why don't we find holes or explanations for the evidence of are yiu all still busy worshipping a mortal?

If wright felt that the feds were close to finding him then what better way to hide Satoshi than to fail mserably at proving he's satoshi?  It makes sense then how he was able to fool Garvin and Matonis but then fail the most simple of tests.  That never made sense so either Wright is crazy or he is Satoshi and is devilishly shrewd to have fooled everyone that he is not Satoshi when in fact he is.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
rico666
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 06:45:31 PM

That never made sense so either Wright is crazy or he is Satoshi and is devilishly shrewd to have fooled everyone that he is not Satoshi when in fact he is.

Muhahaha ... YMMD! Cheesy

Wait until I find his keys, then I will prove that I am Satoshi. But not before. Before that event I am not Satoshi.
This is where quantum theory meets Bitcoin.

Rico

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:53:46 PM

Exactly, its fake news.  Think about and the timing.  If the world was really interested they would be talking about Nash's essays about how an international e-currency with a stable supply would asymptotically take power from central banks to arbitrarily print money.

The Wright news was clearly a coordinated stunt pulled probably by a group that Wright got to believe it is "likely" Satoshi. They think they are being benevolent but its simply because they are "in the know" and are corrupted by the power of it.

You can throw that premise out the window with Craig Wright Jr.'s bath water given that if I've done the math correctly, currently, bitcoins can be subdivided to eight decimal places, viz. 0.00000001, but in the future could be coded to nine decimal places - 0.000000001 - thus ten times more units negating "a stable supply". Similarly, ten decimal places, eleven, twelve, etc., depending on worldwide demand.

That said, this latest revelation is fucking with me and Vlad. Somebody get me an apple.
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:59:10 PM

You can throw that premise out the window with Craig Wright Jr.'s bath water given that if I've done the math correctly, currently, bitcoins can be subdivided to eight decimal places, viz. 0.00000001, but in the future could be coded to nine decimal places - 0.000000001 - thus ten times more units negating "a stable supply". Similarly, ten decimal places, eleven, twelve, etc., depending on worldwide demand.

That said, this latest revelation is fucking with me and Vlad. Somebody get me an apple.
I don't think that would change anything.  You know why its fucking you up.  Because you need to introduce into your core beliefs the concept of a stable metric of value.  If there are 21 million bitcoin's and you make them more divisible, this doesn't necessarily effect the value of a bitcoin in the way you are implying.
panopotty

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:02:00 PM

extra zero is stable supply. just liitler bits

but the code is not so easy to add zero to.
not floating point and this need hard fork to make large number zeros
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:03:03 PM

Sorry, Gleb.   The supply is only increased when a block subsidy is generated in a coinbase transaction, currently 12.5 BTC every 10 minutes (on average).  Whether that 12.5 BTC comes in the form of 1.25 billion sats or in the form of 12.5 billion Gleb-sats (tenths of a sat) is irrelevant to the amount of supply increase.  Both represent 12.5 BTC.  

After the year 2120 or so (when the last BTC has been generated), the supply will never increase.  Cutting a sat into ten little pieces (which is equivalent to selling something like "ten Gleb autographs for 1 sat") is not an increase in supply.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 07:03:16 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2017, 07:29:17 PM by Vlad2Vlad

I don't think that would change anything.  You know why its fucking you up.  Because you need to introduce into your core beliefs the concept of a stable metric of value.  If there are 21 million bitcoin's and you make them more divisible, this doesn't necessarily effect the value of a bitcoin in the way you are implying.

And FYI there are already talks by major bitcoin elites about how the 21 million cap is not so much written in stone.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:08:30 PM

https://web.archive.org/web/20120718031948/http://gse-compliance.blogspot.com/2012/03/what-forms-loop.html

I don't think that would change anything.  You know why its fucking you up.  Because you need to introduce into your core beliefs the concept of a stable metric of value.  If there are 21 million bitcoin's and you make them more divisible, this doesn't necessarily effect the value of a bitcoin in the way you are implying.

I was alluding to the Satoshi-poker connection that was fucking me and Vlad up, the latest revelation. Apologies for the mix-up. Thanks for clarification on the other, for sometimes I go beyond just pretending to be a Dumb-ass.  Tongue

I now see others have tried to correct me. Thanks, all.

Now back to this poker connection that has Vlad and I terribly upset.  Cry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: