Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:49:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: Avalon Asic Batch #2 Pre Order  (Read 1265 times)
computerparts (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:28:17 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 12:11:02 AM by computerparts

No longer looking. Not worth it at this point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 09:30:58 PM

batch 3 was sold at ~77btc, how do you justify it being now worth this much ?
computerparts (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:46:29 PM

batch 3 was sold at ~77btc, how do you justify it being now worth this much ?

I'm willing to pay double what a batch #2 sold for. I never said anything about the ridiculously overpriced batch #3 in the first place. No need to post if you're not interested in my offer.
iammagicmike

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:54:31 AM

Well, I'm not trying to troll you here, but I have a batch 2 preorder that I paid 56 btc for. I also have a batch 3 I bought for 100 BTC.

If I were you, I might consider adjusting my strategy. No one is going to sell their batch 2 for less than what they paid, which is about 56 btc. You may want to consider offering 100-150 btc and you may get better responses. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitMarket/comments/1c9327/wtb_avalon_batch_2/

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LTC: LPGSryKuT2BaEcDBg6VWHwusXj5N8ynu3M
computerparts (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:54:27 AM

Well, I'm not trying to troll you here, but I have a batch 2 preorder that I paid 56 btc for. I also have a batch 3 I bought for 100 BTC.

If I were you, I might consider adjusting my strategy. No one is going to sell their batch 2 for less than what they paid, which is about 56 btc. You may want to consider offering 100-150 btc and you may get better responses. 

I suppose it's all how you look at it. Batch #2 cost around $1500. 31 btc at today's exchange rates is over $3000. If I had more I would offer it, but I'm not rich. Maybe I should try again after the coming spike in difficulty next month.
iammagicmike

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:57:23 AM

I suppose it's all how you look at it. Batch #2 cost around $1500. 31 btc at today's exchange rates is over $3000. If I had more I would offer it, but I'm not rich. Maybe I should try again after the coming spike in difficulty next month.

I can understand your point of view.  The problem is multivariable. 

Because of the increasing difficulty factor, the value of each ASIC miner is increased exponentially the sooner it is available.  Batch 1 owners are making a TON of BTC right now because they dominate the hash rate.  When batch 2 arrives, everyone will make less BTC/day due to the increased network hash rate.  When batch 3 arrives, same deal, everyone makes less. 

So we can easily say that the value of batch 3 ($6,000 USD just for example) is the current 'retail' price.  Since batch 2 and 3 are the same, but batch 2 has the advantage of being delivered earlier, then we can say that Batch 2 = 2X Batch 3 = $12,000.  We can apply this to batch 1 in the same fashion, Batch 1 = 2X Batch 2 = $24,000.  This is why one dude is asking $40,000 USD for his batch 1 that he will sell today for cash. 

This is just an explanation, i doubt anyone will agree that this is the actual 'retail' prices of the avalons.  I'm only saying that most people will recognize that the batch 2 will easily make $4,500 in about a month so they aren't likely to sell it.  The timing is more valuable than the machine itself. 

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LTC: LPGSryKuT2BaEcDBg6VWHwusXj5N8ynu3M
computerparts (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:33:46 PM

I can understand your point of view.  The problem is multivariable. 

Because of the increasing difficulty factor, the value of each ASIC miner is increased exponentially the sooner it is available.  Batch 1 owners are making a TON of BTC right now because they dominate the hash rate.  When batch 2 arrives, everyone will make less BTC/day due to the increased network hash rate.  When batch 3 arrives, same deal, everyone makes less. 

So we can easily say that the value of batch 3 ($6,000 USD just for example) is the current 'retail' price.  Since batch 2 and 3 are the same, but batch 2 has the advantage of being delivered earlier, then we can say that Batch 2 = 2X Batch 3 = $12,000.  We can apply this to batch 1 in the same fashion, Batch 1 = 2X Batch 2 = $24,000.  This is why one dude is asking $40,000 USD for his batch 1 that he will sell today for cash. 

This is just an explanation, i doubt anyone will agree that this is the actual 'retail' prices of the avalons.  I'm only saying that most people will recognize that the batch 2 will easily make $4,500 in about a month so they aren't likely to sell it.  The timing is more valuable than the machine itself. 

I can see your point there but we have to remember, the people selling batch 1 already have them in hand. That is why they command such high prices. Batch #2 are mostly still pre orders in that they haven't shipped yet or are currently shipping but not in the owners hands. By the time their owners receive them, the price of btc may have drastically crashed for all we know (unlikely but anything is possible). These things aren't gold, although some people treat them as such. They're electronics and the value of electronics always depreciates with time.
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:28:16 PM

On the contrary, I see a future where an Avalon might go for a few hundred thousand dollars at Sotheby's as a collector's item. "In it's heyday, this machine was able to print 300,000,000 Satoshis per day!" People.. "Oooh"

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:55:59 PM

I can see your point there but we have to remember, the people selling batch 1 already have them in hand. That is why they command such high prices. Batch #2 are mostly still pre orders in that they haven't shipped yet or are currently shipping but not in the owners hands. By the time their owners receive them, the price of btc may have drastically crashed for all we know (unlikely but anything is possible). These things aren't gold, although some people treat them as such. They're electronics and the value of electronics always depreciates with time.
[/quote]

there on eBay. Yes, may want to adjust your budget.

Avalanche is a must own
computerparts (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:09:35 AM

No longer looking. Not worth it at this point.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: