Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:49:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: worldbtm.com - A simple and private solution for buying and selling your bitcoin  (Read 372 times)
worldbtm (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 05:35:03 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2017, 05:52:47 PM by worldbtm

Hello bitcointalk, I am a bitcoiner from Toronto, Canada and this is my first bitcoin service. I got into bitcoin around November 2013. I didn't know anything about coding. At the time I was really in to graphic design and screen printing. I had played around with html on tumblr and built my first t-shirt store using a widget app called shoplocket (no longer in service).

After I found out about bitcoin, I wanted to accept bitcoin for my shirts, but the only way to do it was through a 3rd party that charged a fee per transaction or a monthly shopify/bitpay expense. I wanted to build a store with little overhead (domain/hosting costs) and 0% transaction fees, but couldn't find it anywhere. I gave up looking for a while, but I knew in the back of my head I HAD TO LEARN HOW TO CODE, no matter how basic.

I started on code academy, but soon found that staying the course was difficult and there was so much to learn that I might never be able to grasp it all. For the next three years I used code academy and code camp on and off to get better at coding. I also built localbitcoins contacts to buy and sell bitcoin for cheap.
Eventually I figured out most front-end-development is copy/paste and most developers think they are smarter than they actually are. You can just bootstrap mobile responsive sites and you are good to go.  You can find the code for a contact form, registration page, map page etc. with a google search. I realized I didn't need to learn everything about coding, just what I needed to get done what I wanted to do.

So here we are now, I have gotten pretty good with bootstrapping sites. I have gotten a fairly good grasp of html/css, basic javascript, basic php, apis, json, linux systems and much more. I am learning how to integrate bitcoin payment gateways with a cart function so I can build fully functional online stores with a cart and checkout all with 0% processing fees with only domain and hosting as the only expense.

With everything I've learned over the last three years, I bring my first bitcoin project to you, https://worldbtm.com

This is a cash by mail bitcoin buying and selling service. If you want to know more about it please check it out and view the terms, rates, faq etc. For now anyone in the world can send AUD, CAD, CHF, EUR, GBP, NZD, USD and buy bitcoin from my service. This service is for people that want to protect their privacy. There are no sign-ups. You can buy or sell bitcoin in 3-4 steps. I have done extensive research on cash by mail businesses and want to model my business around a service like leftovercurrency.com I want to eventually offer more currency options outside of CAD and USD.

For now when you buy bitcoin you send us cash by mail. When you sell bitcoin we send you cash by mail with or without insurance. You can buy any amount you are willing to send in the mail, cash or coins. For selling bitcoin I have leveraged Canada Post insurance for people that want insurance. If you pay for insurance you pretty much guarantee your money is safe. All packages we send are registered, with tracking and signature, so even if you choose to forgo insurance you can have a piece of mind of where your package is, when it should arrive and that you will be signing off for it. In terms of rates, they are competitive with what is on localbitcoins. The larger the amount the cheaper the rate. This service is intended for people that find it difficult to buy or sell bitcoin where they live and people that value privacy.

I am not backed by a VC and will not have a funding round, lol. I was really nervous writing this up and am really nervous putting myself out there like this. I know this is bitcoin, where everything is met with skepticism, everyone thinks they're the smartest in the room and every idea is looked at as if it is stupid. Well this is my stupid idea. I don't know if it will work, but I have to try.

I know people will think I'm trying to scam them, however I am willing to do any identity checks or verification in order to gain the communities trust. I want to operate a business that is transparent as it has to be, offers its customers privacy and stays outside the destructive hands of government.

You can follow me on twitter:
@cvpitvlist or @worldbtm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Imaginary Entity

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 05:43:36 PM

Nice story, inspiring that you're self-made.

But how can anyone put trust in this service?
worldbtm (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 05:50:50 PM

If you don't get your funds then you can tell everyone here and no one will use this service. Pretty simple.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 05:52:03 PM

nice effort by so you and i hope people will come towards you and you are playing a must win game bro keep it up......
HelpfulElf

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 05:57:20 PM

A very interesting idea!

I look forward to finding out how it goes for you - good luck with your new business!
worldbtm (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 05:57:45 PM

nice effort by so you and i hope people will come towards you and you are playing a must win game bro keep it up......

i don't get what you mean

btw this is suppose to be a leftovercurrency.com for bitcoiners
worldbtm (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:12:36 PM

A very interesting idea!

I look forward to finding out how it goes for you - good luck with your new business!

thanks
worldbtm (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:47:13 PM

Every thing about us :

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/CorporationsCanada/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=9809953&locale=en_CA
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:54:29 PM

Hello bitcointalk, I am a bitcoiner from Toronto, Canada and this is my first bitcoin service.

There's a Services section on the forums, better to advertise yourself there. There's also Service Announcements.
worldbtm (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 07:05:20 PM

Hello bitcointalk, I am a bitcoiner from Toronto, Canada and this is my first bitcoin service.

There's a Services section on the forums, better to advertise yourself there. There's also Service Announcements.

thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: