Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:46:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Node Hosting Service - node-hosting.online Seed / Regular Nodes 0.1 B /yr  (Read 1456 times)
jacobmayes94 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:15:36 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2017, 09:11:21 PM by jacobmayes94

I am offering my service to host altcoin nodes on my servers. This would be an ideal service for seed nodes (updating seed node IP addresses), etc. I am doing this at a low cost, of 0.1 BTC / year / coin (0.2 BTC/year if blockchain size is greater than 2GB, 0.4 BTC  a year if the blockchain is greater than 20GB). (Payable in BTC, LTC, DOGE, ETH, ETC, UNO, ZCash, DASH). For coins with no large central blockchain, provided the overall size is less than 2GB, the fee is the flat 0.1 BTC / year rate.

The front end website is not yet ready, but the service is open and accepting orders, this post will keep track of all current nodes hosted by this service. When the site is ready it will be accessible from: www.node-hosting.online

If you have a coin you wish to see live or if you wish to have your own altcoin seed node hosted or just wish to have a node for any altcoin (or even Bitcoin if you really wished, but this is high price due to blockchain size nor would Bitcoin benefit much from it) hosted to support its network, then drop me a message and we can work something out. I am willing to set up the node, let it sync and you can verify it works before payment is sent to me. The year contract starts from the day payment is received and confirmed.

There are a few coins which will be excluded from this service. This includes:

Coins with a premine greater than 1%.
Coins that have been verified to be scams.
Coins where the developers are making obvious attempts to pump their coin with no innovation what so ever.

An example of a coin i will accept: HODLCoin, good innovation weather or not I agree with the current development path of locking up new blocks.
An example of a coin i would reject: Bytecoin, insane premine, BULLS, insane premine.

Joke coins are accepted, and welcomed, such as SHT, URO, etc.

Weather or not I agree with decisions on the coins development will not affect my node hosting service or willingness to host a node, for example i will eagerly host a HODLCoin node if the developers or users would like, even though i disagreed with the hard fork. Provided there are no outright attempts to scam people, i will not have a problem. If your coin (as a developer) is later found to be a scam coin, for example where the developers did a runner after manipulating the market, etc then the coin will be delisted, and no refund will be given, although i will put it to the vote on multiple forums after finding a coin to be a potential scam, in interest of fairness. If the coin node hosting was paid by a user rather than a developer, in fairness to the user who supported the coin the coin node will remain active for the duration of their contract, as the coins users would not be at fault.

The above is because I am against premined shitcoins!

If anyone is interested, drop me a line! If the chain is not moving, I am happy to do 'setgenerate true' on the node to mine and move the chain along. The servers are on 1Gbps connections, and each coin node will be allocated 100 - 300mbps each. In the event of a 'hard fork' of the coin, i will upgrade the software at no extra fee provided i am given notice personally, because i will not keep track of bitcointalk posts and announcement on all the coins!

If they are seed nodes, no need to add them to your config. If you are a mining pool or solo miner for a coin you would benefit from adding supernode relays or seed nodes into your coinconf.conf file, using addnode=hostname/ip, to allow faster block propagation and to reduce orphans.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Hosted Nodes:

Coin Name - Hostname/IP - Node Type - Renewal Date - Address Type - Address

HODLCoin - europe.hodlcoin.com - Seed Node - Renewal Date 25/01/2018 - HODL: HSjd8vCJbUMS9WNTsEVAiBEgYNkd9czwXC
UNO - uno.node-hosting.online - Multi - Renewal Date 27/01/2018 - BTC: 3HTGfJGJiaKYWRtVLH67EGHWBa9EGrPLph

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We also accept donations at our donation \ hot wallet address: 1NodeHoGC5u7Fh3XYU1ThJj7aL1pHh42wm

If you wish to validate identity of me on this forum at any point, ensure I sign an message from the donation \ hot wallet address.

Each coin will be assigned a unique address for it's payment, this address will remain unchanged and can be used for future renewals. As transactions are public on the blockchain they will be listed next to the currently hosted nodes. Front end website coming soon.

We also offer electrum servers if electrum has been ported to your altcoin, for 0.1 BTC/year. We accept most coins, drop us a line!

FAQ:

Q. Why would anyone want a node hosted?

A. The majority of nodes are on the average home machine. For a small community, this would mean block chain syncing can take a long time, blocks may be slow to propagate from mining pools across all peers. Low-Latency high speed nodes can be used by pools to relay blocks for faster propagation. This can reduce orphan rates for pools, and increase blockchain sync speed and overall network performance and helps decentralize a network by having one more node up.

Q. Do you host seed nodes?

A. Yes we are happy to host seed nodes. A coin should always have multiple seed nodes hard-coded.

Q. What is a seed node?

A. As a user/supporter of a coin it will not be a 'seed node' as only a developer will do that. A seed node is a type of node that the client first looks for peers from.

Q. What is a super node

A. Super node is a low latency network node on a dedicated always-on server. A few of these kinds of nodes are recommended for any coin.

Q. Do you offer electrum servers?

A. Provided there are compiled binaries of electrum and electrum servers for windows or linux, this is no problem.

Q. Can you host multiple nodes for the same coin?

A. Yes i can host multiple nodes for the same coin, for each 0.1 BTC paid for a coin I can host a node for it as there are multiple servers dedicated to my service.

Q. Will you reduce your pricing?

A. Due to the running costs of servers with a decent specification, this is not possible as it would compromise the performance of my nodes if the servers are sub-par.

Q. What is your server operating system?

A. Windows Server 2012 on some servers, Ubuntu Linux on others, depends on the server.

Q. Can you mine to move the chain along?

A. I can dedicate 1 CPU core / coin to mine to move a stalled difficulty 0 blockchain, via in-wallet miner if one is available.

Q. Can I cancel my hosting?

A. Once a coin node has been paid for, you cannot cancel and the node will remain hosted for the coin until the contract runs out.

Q. Do you offer monthly plans?

A. It would seem pointless to offer monthly plans as coin nodes are something you want up for a reasonable time, potentially indefinitely especially seed nodes. So 1 year is the contract length.

Q. What would happen if you suddenly became unable to provide the service for any reason before contracts are over?

A. I would refund the BTC amount remaining on a monthly calculation of how much is left, dividing 0.1 BTC by 12 and adding up the months remaining on contracts.

Q. What will be the address of the hosted node?

A. The IP of the server hosting the node will be attached to the main domain, such as <yourcoin>.node-hosting.online

If anyone would like a node hosting with us, drop me a line or reply here! If you would like a node hosting, i will generate an address to receive payments in BTC for that particular coin node, which will be published in the list of nodes that are online. This is for transparency, showing on the blockchain the dates payment was received and the amount. If you include an email address with this payment then you will be notified via email when your node is coming up for renewal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 10:08:54 PM

I am interested to start my own project but when it come to nodes it make me confused that what is it and how will we manage it so because of that I am not in this field now. But whenever I get a good knowledge about it I will take the start and I hope I will purchase from you as your price is low.
jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 12:06:41 AM

If you make your own coin (or if you support a coin and you want to pay for a high speed low latency node to support the coins network), this service is ideal. Say you wanted to make your own altcoin. The wallet when you open it connects to a few hard coded nodes within it, this is where it gets the initial list of peers to connect to from. If you took away the seed nodes, no peers would be found the 'no block source' in the wallet. You can manually add nodes, but who wants that, especially a beginner for a coin.

My service comes in where you make an altcoin, i host a seed node using the compiled coin software and you add in your seed node in your altcoin for example: coinname.node-hosting.online

Often you will have more than one seed node, in the case of HODLCoin they have multiples, I am one of them.

So when you start the wallet it looks to the seed nodes first.

This service is also good if you support the coins network and it does not have many low latency nodes. This can cause orphaned pool blocks due to slow relay time among other things these nodes are good to strengthen the network and can also be a good relay between pools etc without latency problems if pools chose to directly connect to the node. This can be hosted by a member of the community paying for it for support, like the UNO community did. That is the second use of such a node. In the case of HODLCoin my node has over 30 peers connected, where most home nodes are capped at 8 by default unless you remove the cap, it uses about 1 GB of server bandwith a day, so for an established coin no small server should be used for seed nodes.

If you make your own altcoin, I am happy to host a node for 0.1 BTC/year. I do not take customers with a greater than 1% total money supply premine, though so bear that in mind. Otherwise, go for it!
jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 06:43:52 PM

Limited Time offer: 0.09 /BTC /year, offer ends February 14!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: