Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:25:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing bitcoin is not that easy  (Read 7173 times)
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 03:44:59 AM

Introducing bitcoin to a friend or relative isn’t that hard, convincing them to use it is another thing. Some of my friends think that stocks and other stuff are too complex, which makes bitcoin sound Greek to them. But I was still able to convince some to try and buy a few bitcoins just so they can have a bit of experience by holding it in their wallet and hopefully using it for their future transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:24:02 AM

Introducing bitcoin WAS not easy.
But now it is a big currency. Many people now invest in bitcoin.
Many new things / companies/ firms have started accepting bitcoin.
Making purchases with steam is very easy .
I buy many things on Steam.
Even I have heard of Starbucks accept bitcoin.
So you guys can even try that.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 11:44:17 AM

Yes!You are right,that is why my opinion is going to same.Now it is pretty easy introducing bitcoin around the people.There so many resource for learning about bitcoin because of bitcoin spreading continuously.Most of users involved with this cryptocurrency but in near past situation was different.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:51:42 AM

Yeah introducing bitcoin to a new person is truly a hard task. As said people had started to invest into bitcoin. Introducing bitcoin to others can be easy when we explain it relating to their own regular needs. Basically explaining about the acceptance in a particular shop to a person who often uses the particular store helps understand easily.
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 12:03:21 PM

Yeah introducing bitcoin to a new person is truly a hard task. As said people had started to invest into bitcoin. Introducing bitcoin to others can be easy when we explain it relating to their own regular needs. Basically explaining about the acceptance in a particular shop to a person who often uses the particular store helps understand easily.

The problem is in my area many people still don't know about bitcoin, when every i say any internet things they keep saying fake and fake. We don't believe in bitcoin, they begin saying we have seen articles in news paper daily about it. Very soon this scheme is going to shutdown by the government.
I don't know why they have false mind in internet currency.
lol3c

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:54:29 PM

Maybe I will try the Starbucks starting to accept bitcoin trick Cheesy But in my case, after many times of introducing bitcoin to many of my friends and even my family, most of the times took me by surprise. I though they would know nothing about bitcoin because it's the common fact in my place, but it seemed to be they knew a lot but in a negative way Cry They all turned down the idea that bitcoin would bring profit. And it's extremely hard to persuade them to use bitcoin.
soul-impact

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 02:12:53 PM

The problem is in my area many people still don't know about bitcoin, when every i say any internet things they keep saying fake and fake. We don't believe in bitcoin, they begin saying we have seen articles in news paper daily about it. Very soon this scheme is going to shutdown by the government.
I don't know why they have false mind in internet currency.
The lack of knowledge has lead us to the bad results and I can not insult them because of this fact. The region affects the people a lot since if you are living in the third world countries, I can ensure that you will never know what Bitcoin is. Furthermore, the more developed the country is, the higher chance the people can access the new technology. Therefore, in my opinion, we have to wait in order for other countries can adapt to other part of the world then we can introduce it to the people

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 02:27:09 PM

leads to other quedtion about the exchanger sites which follows KYc policies to prevent or atleast minimize the risk of money laundering however it violates also the main feature of bitcoin which is the anonymous transactions
In every country has different regulations about cryptocurrency to prevent any kind of illegal activity or money laundering, especially regulations regarding exchanges as the door to convert bitcoin into fiat money.
Bitcoin is not fully anonymous as the transaction permanently included in blockchain which can be traced and lead to whoever use it.
On the other hand, fiat money without banking system is the one as anonymous transaction, it cannot be traced due to there is no any record.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:40:39 PM

I explained bitcoin to my relative and she asked: what if the boss behind bitcoin ran away..........................

Lol  Grin , you could have answered, you could have been a millionaire if you had witnessed it way back 2010. (Founder)

Introducing bitcoin to people around you is the most challenging job to have especially when people don't have any idea about the latest technology and in that case it will be really difficult to convince them or motivate them to start using bitcoins as they are not tech savvy then won't entertain bitcoins and would treat it as a waste of time and money.
The biggest problem is on how a lot of people still live traditionally
They really hard to accept any kind form of technology including bitcoin
So it's feel useless when you talking about digital money that could replace fiat money position
They think a technology just make things complicated but actually it's created to make your life easier.

We cannot force people to change view instantly.  It really needs time.  Same way Bitcoiners perception onf Altcoins.  Altcoin enthusiast cannot make this solid bitcoiners to change cards immediately.  It needs time and proof that Bitcoin is not what they think it is.

As I said Introducing Bitcoin is easy because of lots pf materials available in the internet.  The problem is the audience who is willing to absorb and adopt bitcoins system and concept.

Indeed it takes time very long , but at least there is an effort to make them interested
Traditional people really hard to be introduced to bitcoin, there is a lot of strange things for them
Even in some places people hard to learn about how computer works!
Then i will just give up if the situation like that happened.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 09:21:13 PM

It's easier to introduce the bitcoin in more developed countries where people are more educated about technology but in less developed countries people could be even more interested in bitcoin because it could give them a new opportunity to improve their lives so promoting bitcoin and explaining how it works it's crucial.

malaj
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 09:30:20 PM

It's easier to introduce the bitcoin in more developed countries where people are more educated about technology but in less developed countries people could be even more interested in bitcoin because it could give them a new opportunity to improve their lives so promoting bitcoin and explaining how it works it's crucial.

i think is not easy, because op not only introduce to new bitcoin user
OP want create bitcoin topic , to thesis in study, write and must explain to examiner is not easy and very difficult

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

Shady

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 09:47:56 PM

The way I did it with my wife was to start up with faucets and introduce the economy by showing its history.

Not much takes away from the quality of growth outperforming its entire sequence, we still get incredible gains that make this currency a better investment than grade A stocks.

Get pumped for the incredible outlook about everything brought into this new multi-purpose dream come true.

chixka000 (OP)

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:45:40 PM

I think they are afraid to try because they thought there is in an involve of money to invest but without knowing they can make money for free like what I have done almost a year, I only pay for electric and internet bills. If you really want to invite a friend you need to guide him all throughout the process until he learned the things he should know.

Tho i wanted to invite them there is no need for me to guiide them the process unless there would be someone who would ask me(for curiosity) well in the first place i only wanted to impart to them that this thing exist
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:52:42 PM

I think they are afraid to try because they thought there is in an involve of money to invest but without knowing they can make money for free like what I have done almost a year, I only pay for electric and internet bills. If you really want to invite a friend you need to guide him all throughout the process until he learned the things he should know.

Tho i wanted to invite them there is no need for me to guiide them the process unless there would be someone who would ask me(for curiosity) well in the first place i only wanted to impart to them that this thing exist

Guiding them would really be a great problem and takes a lot of effort. If they want to get into bitcoin they should have the initiative and not really for us to spoon feed them. Probably the best thing we all can do is make something like a book, like "bitcoin for dummies" kind of thing. That would cater to newbies to bitcoin and quickly guide them on how it works and what are the opportunities we have in here.
JANGKRIK BOSS

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:19:35 AM

I think it depends on the people and their education, if we tell them the bitcoin on ordinary people surely they are difficult to understand, but if we introduce students to their course bitcoin soon learned. Nothing is difficult for us to think positive.
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:45:37 AM

I think it depends on the people and their education, if we tell them the bitcoin on ordinary people surely they are difficult to understand, but if we introduce students to their course bitcoin soon learned. Nothing is difficult for us to think positive.

Even on schools, if we introduce it to professors or any active people in the school, it won't be easy for them to accept it if they don't want to, and if their focus is not into it. In short introducing to everyone is good, however expecting that all of them will like bitcoin, that's wrong.

Better wait until someone approaches you and ask what is bitcoin than keep on pushing it on someone who do not like it.

PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:43:12 PM

Its not easy to explain because of the technicality of Bitcoin and how it works. I do find it hard sometimes to explain to my friends who like to bet in personal and saying to them that betting online is much easier and you can have many options to do about your betting online. If only they are open minded about new things related to internet then it is easier for them to absorb what knowledge I'm having now about bitcoin.
I think its not such a difficult job it just need some good practice. We can explain bitcoin to someone very easily and in a good way. I think we do not need to go with such deep detail, we can introduce bitcoin its importance its purpose and they how to use it, I think that is enough for a common user.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:40:57 AM

this one jurry stated that bitcoin is really prawn to money laundering and he ask if how would a certain business owner risk it and that made me realize that he is somehow right

No. He is not.  There is nothing about bitcoin that makes it any better for money laundering than physical cash.  As a matter of fact, it is significantly worse for money laundering than U.S. dollars.  If you want to launder money, it will be MUCH easier to do with U.S. dollars than with bitcoin.  Therefore, if this is your main concern, then you should use bitcoin and stop using U.S. dollars.

and that leads to other quedtion about the exchanger sites which follows KYc policies to prevent or atleast minimize the risk of money laundering however it violates also the main feature of bitcoin which is the anonymous transactions

Anonymous transactions is not, and never has been a "main feature" of bitcoins.  Anyone that told you that doesn't understand bitcoin very well and is just repeating bad information they've heard elsewhere. Saying it doesn't make it true.

EVERY bitcoin transaction that has ever occurred is permanently stored in the blockchain for the whole world to see.  If you want anonymous transactions, use U.S. dollars.  Bitcoin can be easily traced in most cases, and even if you try to hide your activities there's a pretty good chance that forensic accounting software will come along eventually that can figure it out.

And in addition to this concerns, most people are closing their eyes even they see the proof already still they are blinded and very much closed minded into the concepts of what bitcoin is really all about. though we knew it is anonymous, and easy to set up compare to other thing out there.
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 06:24:46 AM

Yesterday was a research forum of thesis school project and I actually did introduce in our system about using bitcoin as a payment processor aside from paypal,visa, bank transfer or whatsoever. I actually do assume it that no one actually cares so expected things did really happened.

Maybe no one cared about your research is because it is already there. I mean using bitcoin as a payment processor is already existing and bitcoin users are already using that. It is not new to the society. Maybe trying something else will do, like inventing a hardware that can mine bitcoin in a very convinient price that can afford by anyone or make a program on how to process bitcoin on the blockchain without any traffic, something like that.

However there is this one jurry stated that bitcoin is really prawn to money laundering and he ask if how would a certain business owner risk it and that made me realize that he is somehow right and that leads to other quedtion about the exchanger sites which follows KYc policies to prevent or atleast minimize the risk of money laundering however it violates also the main feature of bitcoin which is the anonymous transactions
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:44:15 AM

I can feel my roomates laughing deep inside everytime I talk about bitcoin. Well FUCK them bitcoin is becoming 2000 this 2017.  Grin Cheesy

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄