Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:42:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Namecoin Mining  (Read 1103 times)
Sharky444 (OP)

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:33:39 AM

I've installed namecoind (used instructions from here: http://dot-bit.org/InstallAndConfigureNamecoin), created a bitcoin.conf with user and pwd, started the daemon which downloaded all blocks, then retrieved my address and entered it into the mining.bitcoin.cz account.

Is there anything else I must do to start the namecoin mining? what is the username and password for?

Radix - just imagine
weirdthall

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:49:20 PM

You cant just mine NMC at slush's pool.  It's merged mined with BTC.
Sharky444 (OP)

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 03:51:20 PM

I want to do a merged mining. I just don't know how to set it up. Where to use the username and password?

Radix - just imagine
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:37:47 PM

I want to do a merged mining. I just don't know how to set it up. Where to use the username and password?

I mined namecoin directly for a week a long time ago and only found 1 block, since then I used the software to get a name coin address. And then entered that address in a merged mining pool. (no namecoin user or password neded)

The username and password in the "bitcoin.conf" are to be used in your mining software. If you use GUIminer, it is obvious where to enter it.

Can't remember how to do it all but from what i recall run namecoin, launch a separate DOS window to operate it, provided you are in the root of the namecoind.exe  just type namecoind help for a list of commands.

Remember you may need to open the appropriate port on your firewall.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: