Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:55:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: crypto.pm | an upcoming cryptocurrency exchange  (Read 12657 times)
San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:57:05 AM

yet another bitcoin website based on the ugly ass bootstrap framework

every fkn bitcoin website looks exactly the same

and wtf 0.18% fee is more than 3x the other exchanges

Who the hell cares more about looks then functionality? Bootstrap allows for rapid prototyping!

You proceed with making it blatantly obvious how big of a troll you are:

Gox: 0.6
Bitstamp: 0.4

Link me a legit exchange that beats an average transaction fee of 0.18.

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnblaze

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 05:15:35 PM

yet another bitcoin website based on the ugly ass bootstrap framework

every fkn bitcoin website looks exactly the same

and wtf 0.18% fee is more than 3x the other exchanges

Given mtgox starts at 0.6% (https://mtgox.com/fee-schedule), not entirely sure of the reason for your statement.

whoops my apologies. i remembered the 6, but i thought gox was 0.06%

very well then, my mistake. good luck to you i hope those fees will work out nicely for you and for the customers. i will keep an eye on your progress and potentially join if you get the liquidity

Who the hell cares more about looks then functionality? Bootstrap allows for rapid prototyping!

You proceed with making it blatantly obvious how big of a troll you are:

Gox: 0.6
Bitstamp: 0.4

Link me a legit exchange that beats an average transaction fee of 0.18.

no troll pal, legit mistake. good for them for taking a stand against these high fee exchanges. my mistake is that i thought that they wanted to take advantage even further

dont get mad because i insulted bootstrap. who cares about rapid prototyping. there are plenty of other frameworks available as well such as Zurb Foundation which looks 100x better than bootstrap

and you conveniently ignored the part about every bitcoin startup looking exactly the same. if i wasn't aware of bootstrap, which most avg internet users are not, i would assume that every one of these websites are build by the same college kid in his basement. trying to make it look like individual companies when really its just one big stable made from the same person. thats what all these bootstrap websites look like. hell, i'm sure bootstrap can be customized to make it look different as well, but people dont even bother doing that, so the criticism is deserved
Lemon (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 11:39:58 PM

We're using bootstrap simply for prototyping, nothing more :-).

https://crypto.pm/ -- public cryptocurrency exchange currently in testing.

https://escrow.pm/ -- fee free automated escrow.
coinedabit

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:14:29 AM

Good luck mate. I look forward to more of this stuff. At last GBP will be added finaly..yess.. Have you thought about a way of using a Virtual reality interface down the line? and how big are your predictions on transactions in the near future?
Also, how much advertising do you think you will have to do and where?
cheers
 Wink

lixiaolai
a friend of time
VIP

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:01:23 PM

is HongKong dollar on the schedule?

inblockchain.com
Lemon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 03:13:23 PM

is HongKong dollar on the schedule?

It actually is! We've been talking actively with HSBC in regards to this, it's a market that we can't ignore.

lixiaolai
a friend of time
VIP

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:17:59 PM

Hope other virtual currencies, such as litecoin, or Liberty Reserve, are also supported.

Since you can hardly support RMB, besides HK$, LR is an alternative to support Chinese buyers, since they're using LR to buy gold.

inblockchain.com
Lemon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 08:40:21 PM

Hope other virtual currencies, such as litecoin, or Liberty Reserve, are also supported.

Since you can hardly support RMB, besides HK$, LR is an alternative to support Chinese buyers, since they're using LR to buy gold.

This is currently being looked in to :-).

Twerka

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:44:12 PM

Where are the servers located?

The fee is fair, 0,18 is less than the 0,2% BTC-e is taking. I'm not talk about gox because it's a robbery...

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
Lemon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 09:25:19 PM

Where are the servers located?

The fee is fair, 0,18 is less than the 0,2% BTC-e is taking. I'm not talk about gox because it's a robbery...

The development and testing platform is in Ireland.

Fireball

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:51:24 AM

From your investment page:
Total Shares

Shares Remaining
0 (80 are currently on hold)
However, 1DidPinfrZqKHqbfCz4yjy32NYey7jMaxo shows only two 10 BTC incoming transactions.

Margin trading platform OrderBook.net (ICBIT): https://orderbook.net
Follow us in Twitter: https://twitter.com/orderbooknet
Lemon (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 07:31:37 AM

From your investment page:
Total Shares

Shares Remaining
0 (80 are currently on hold)
However, 1DidPinfrZqKHqbfCz4yjy32NYey7jMaxo shows only two 10 BTC incoming transactions.

Address has been rotated three times due to investor request. At this stage, no shares are remaining - nor will they be, if the 80 currently on hold are completed.

de4l

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:41:25 AM

Please list your previous companies.  Please provide details of one customer, veritably a separate person, who has received NuPlay hardware and is prepared to say so.  Please provide pictures of the unit.  Please provide some evidence of your experience in financial software.  Please state your exact qualification in law, the certifying body, and where we can find a certificate. Please provide evidence that "we" is anyone but just you, sitting alone in your flat in your underwear. Please provide any evidence whatsoever of the "high level talks" or high level contacts you've claimed to have in UK banking, businesses and regulatory organisations.
Lemon (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 08:13:53 AM

Please list your previous companies.  Please provide details of one customer, veritably a separate person, who has received NuPlay hardware and is prepared to say so.  Please provide pictures of the unit.  Please provide some evidence of your experience in financial software.  Please state your exact qualification in law, the certifying body, and where we can find a certificate. Please provide evidence that "we" is anyone but just you, sitting alone in your flat in your underwear. Please provide any evidence whatsoever of the "high level talks" or high level contacts you've claimed to have in UK banking, businesses and regulatory organisations.

You are welcome to contact nuPlay in regards to nuPlay hardware. Cryptography LTD is not linked to it in any way, shape or form.

You are also welcome to contact the managing director of Cryptography LTD (who is not me) via hello@citrus.pw for evidence, identification or clarification on any point.

Edit: To clarify on the first point, releasing customer information is something that cannot be done indiscretionately. To clarify on the final point, the disclosure of ongoing business talks is not something I can imagine any business disclosing in full. The managing director can decide whether or not what they wish to disclose.

Lemon (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 09:10:12 AM

To clarify in case there is some confusion. I am not the managing director or business owner (as can be found listed on public records). I am the platform architect, and I guess - the face of the community (for now).

I do not have the authority to disclose any potentially sensitive information (and have provided the direct address of the MD to the above poster). In regards to a completely different business that I am involved with (and have an ownership stake in), there's honestly not a chance in hell that I can disclose customer information.

I can potentially request from a few of the customers I know closely that they confirm, but please email in order to chase that up. They are entirely separate businesses.

Edit: A device is being shipped to an OTC moderator.

Edit 2: I'm also meeting one of the OTC moderators for lunch on Monday, and will be happy to further discuss this with him.

Lemon (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 09:31:48 AM

On another note, I'm about to push the latest version to the testing platform - which includes advanced sell orders and a more in-depth transactional history!

We've sent out quite a few invites to date, and if you've requested one (but have yet to receive) - you should get an email within the next day or so :-).

iwilcox

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:07:05 AM

A number of those questions remain unaddressed in your reply, but as you've pointed out they're largely a matter for your potential investors, depositors and escrow users to investigate as part of their own due diligence so I won't push you on them.  There's one exception; specifically, I'd be interested to see an answer to:

Please state your exact qualification in law, the certifying body, and where we can find a certificate.

I'd like to break it down a little.  It's all really part of the same question, but I'd like to be sure specific parts are asked:

• Are you currently a UK solicitor?
  • If not, were you in the past, and at what time?
  • Either way, what exact qualification do you hold, from what institution in what country?
  • More generally: have you stated that you are a lawyer (as in, used the word "lawyer" to describe yourself, as opposed to "solicitor")?
  • If so, what qualification do you hold that you believe merits the title "laywer"?
  • If not, why?

I'm making no assertions or claims about you here, and I'm certainly not asserting or claiming that you're not a lawyer or not a solicitor; I'm just asking questions.  In the UK, for the protection of consumers, "solicitor" is a protected title.  Anyone using that term first needs to be granted a Practising Certificate; to make that claim or use that title in the UK without such a certificate is a criminal offence in its own right.  Such certificates are a matter of public record for the protection of consumers.  There is one exception: from the page linked above: "the only genuine ones not on there are those who have requested their removal from the database".  Please be clear about whether this applies to you, and if so we can cross that bridge next.

In the UK at least, this is not a question on which people are allowed to be cagey or unclear.  I'm not implying any right on my part to obtain an answer to this on an Internet forum; just saying that the entire UK can be partitioned into two non-overlapping sets: those who legally have to say they're not a solicitor when asked, and those who legally have to say they are when asked, for whom it's easily verified with public records.
lixiaolai
a friend of time
VIP

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:33:02 AM

A number of those questions remain unaddressed in your reply, but as you've pointed out they're largely a matter for your potential investors, depositors and escrow users to investigate as part of their own due diligence so I won't push you on them.  There's one exception; specifically, I'd be interested to see an answer to:

Please state your exact qualification in law, the certifying body, and where we can find a certificate.

I'd like to break it down a little.  It's all really part of the same question, but I'd like to be sure specific parts are asked:

• Either way, what exact qualification do you hold, from what institution in what country?
  • More generally: have you stated that you are a lawyer (as in, used the word "lawyer" to describe yourself, as opposed to "solicitor")?
  • If so, what qualification do you hold that you believe merits the title "laywer"?
  • If not, why?

I'm making no assertions or claims about you here, and I'm certainly not asserting or claiming that you're not a lawyer or not a solicitor; I'm just asking questions.  In the UK, for the protection of consumers, "solicitor" is a protected title.  Anyone using that term first needs to be granted a Practising Certificate; to make that claim or use that title in the UK without such a certificate is a criminal offence in its own right.  Such certificates are a matter of public record for the protection of consumers.  There is one exception: from the page linked above: "the only genuine ones not on there are those who have requested their removal from the database".  Please be clear about whether this applies to you, and if so we can cross that bridge next.

In the UK at least, this is not a question on which people are allowed to be cagey or unclear.  I'm not implying any right on my part to obtain an answer to this on an Internet forum; just saying that the entire UK can be partitioned into two non-overlapping sets: those who legally have to say they're not a solicitor when asked, and those who legally have to say they are when asked, for whom it's easily verified with public records.

I think this question should be answered.

inblockchain.com
Lemon (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 10:35:42 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 10:48:15 AM by Lemon

• If not, why?

As per previous conversation with you, you are more than welcome to email me with any questions; as opposed to derailing an ongoing /development/ thread.

I will answer though, I am not currently a UK solicitor and have not misrepresented myself as such. I refer to myself as a lawyer as I am legally entitled to do in this country. To clarify, I am not in breach of sections 20 through 23 of The Solicitors Act (1974).

I have the education and training that entitles me to refer to myself as a lawyer, but generally anybody who works in law has such an entitlement. I have not gone around saying, "hi, i'm a solicitor" or carried out reserved work which I am currently not authorised to. I am not being cagey or unclear about this.

You are welcome to email me in regards to any other questions regarding my personal background (including previous legal background and education). This offer also applies to any other interested parties. If you have any questions in regards to platform development, then I will happily respond here.

We are building a solid platform and will continue to do so; but please direct questions regarding the personal backgrounds of staff through the appropriate channels in future.

iwilcox

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:08:06 PM

For avoidance of doubt, questions posed and opinions expressed here and in my past and any future posts on this thread are my own, and do not necessarily represent those of any other person or group of people.  I certainly do not claim to represent any of the ops on any of the Bitcoin IRC channels on Freenode except myself.

As per previous conversation with you, you are more than welcome to email me with any questions; [...] please direct questions regarding the personal backgrounds of staff through the appropriate channels in future.

Personally, I do not find the answers given thus far to form a satisfactory answer to the questions posed.

If you choose not to provide further elaboration here, so be it, but I will not be using e-mail for this enquiry; I respectfully decline your invitation to take the questions to a medium in which the content, and the absence of a reply by either party, couldn't be independently verified by others.  Since you've invited me on IRC to "post a summary of the conversations" anyway if one were to be held by e-mail, I don't understand your reluctance to address it here.  It'd only take one post to answer the questions to a level that would satisfy anyone interested, presently or in future.  You could even edit the one you already made to save on post-noise.

Observation: There's a good reason people often qualify what they say with "I Am Not a Lawyer" on the Internet, and it's not hard to see why someone would be reluctant to be seen as one even if they were paralegals or did any other legal work.  You don't seem to share that reluctance, in my opinion.  People who are qualified are usually, understandably, quite proud and open about the fact that they are qualified, and how they came to be qualified.  I'm neither inferring nor implying that you're therefore not qualified; merely observing that your reaction to this line of enquiry seems uncharacteristic of those qualified people I've known.

To stray a little from the specifics of the question, so that it's clear why I ask at all, and why I ask here: reputation in the Bitcoin world has historically been earned and justified in the open[1].  Some who might work with you, invest in you or entrust money to your escrow service or completed exchange might require more reputation than you have yet earned in the ~18 days you've been here (as of this posting).  Therefore it might be to your (business's) benefit to provide more evidence of what reputation you've earned prior to your Bitcoin involvement, or under what other names you've participated in the Bitcoin community previously if you have.  As I'm sure you'll point out, those who might work with you/entrust money to you are free to take you or leave you, but you might encourage more to take you by making at least some of your previous successful accomplishments, qualifications, business relationships, and your identity, more open.  You're doubtless aware that you're entering a market in which ~45% of entrants have so far failed[2], and therefore of how important this stuff is to your potential customers.

... as opposed to derailing an ongoing /development/ thread.

It's true that this thread is posted under "Project Development", but you seem happy to "derail" it yourself to reply to other non-development questions, including:

[1] I'm not claiming to have any substantial reputation in the community myself in the mere ~69 days I've been interested in Bitcoin, but then I'm also not asking anyone in that community to trust me with their money, save for isolated individual counterparties in the minimal number of OTC and escrowed BitBargain trades I've participated in.

[2] I've not checked whether that paper includes Bitfloor, Bitcoin-24 and Bitcoin Central, none of which are currently executing trades, so the 45% figure may be out of date already.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: