Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:53:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The last posting from your IP was less than 32 seconds ago. Please try again lat  (Read 857 times)
superdork (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 03:57:34 AM

Am I missing something or is the search function on this site really that bad?

Nearly every time I try to search something I get this message:

The last posting from your IP was less than 32 seconds ago. Please try again later.

On a web community composed of computer educated people is it really impossible to search for something within 34 seconds of executing another command on this site?

Do I really have to go to google and type  :        

bitcointalk.org +_____

every time I want to find information about a subject on here?

SD

feel free to leave a tip in my daughter's college fund if you found my posts helpful 1HiCE3vX7yr7Yqy4yHf36x4w1cmSEsrTbM

(or if you just want some good karma!)
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 03:58:46 AM

actually the google search is
Code:
site:bitcointalk.org <query>
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 04:00:40 AM

It's a longer wait in between for newer members.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 04:44:57 AM

On a web community composed of computer educated people is it really impossible to search for something within 34 seconds of executing another command on this site?

It's a load balancing thing. It's not impossible, people were doing it too often. Our server is strong like bull, but even a bull can fall to enough wounds from the matador.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Wingman4l7

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:21:05 AM

Does this rate limiting extend to Jr. Members?  This is really annoying sometimes, especially when you have a typo in your search string and you have to sit there for a minute to be able to search the proper one.  It's doing wonders for my lazy typing that Google's auto-correct has encouraged for so long...
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 06:28:49 AM

Does this rate limiting extend to Jr. Members?  This is really annoying sometimes, especially when you have a typo in your search string and you have to sit there for a minute to be able to search the proper one.  It's doing wonders for my lazy typing that Google's auto-correct has encouraged for so long...
I think it scales, with each rank getting progressively less limiting.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:24:49 PM

I think it scales, with each rank getting progressively less limiting.

But stills a lot, to me it's 10 seconds, and the search engine sucks.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: