Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:28:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Short less than a day auction  (Read 835 times)
MRBONG411 (OP)

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 04:04:46 PM

Both of these items I did not want to sell at all but am a little desperate as I owe for a loan.

Auction ends at 6PM EST which is about 7 hours from this posting.

Prices are high for both items but these are items you would have a hard time finding.

First item is a sealed box of Genesis Series 2 coins and the bidding starts at 1BTC

Second item is a 2016 Twenty Five Bitcent Prototype PF68DCAM and the bidding starts at 1BTC

The Genesis box may contain the last #1 coin that is yet to be found. It also may have a winning scratch off ticket as I think there is one winner left but am unsure.

The coin is a pretty rare coin with one of only three made.

If there is no interest by this evening this thread will be closed and I will figure another way.

Thanks

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5930

Meh.

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 04:13:20 PM

I get that you might need some BTC for whatever reason. But 1BTC for each of these items? I'm 95% sure you will not receive any bids.

Good luck though!

MRBONG411 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 04:58:33 PM

I get that you might need some BTC for whatever reason. But 1BTC for each of these items? I'm 95% sure you will not receive any bids.

Good luck though!

I basically thought it couldn't hurt to try.

If they don't sell I will hang onto them and figure another way to make the payment.

Also making a list right now of some non crypto silver coins and other graded coins to maybe offer for sale.

MRBONG411 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 05:01:19 PM

C'mon.... 1BTC ??  really?? We know exactly which coins are missing....
This box is worth $75 retail value.....
You state that you are desperate for a loan you owe.... making outrageous starting bid will not get you anywhere....
I'll give you $100 plus shipping for the box.

I didn't really want to sell either of these items and if there are no bids I will hang onto them.

For me the box being sealed and unopened is what has the appeal and I hope if I ever do sell it the buyer would keep it sealed.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 05:15:09 PM

AFAIK there is nothing valuable in the box besides the potential of a #1 coin, which I currently have no desire to acquire. This effectively makes that coin no more worth than any other coins, considering that I'm holding onto the majority and have no plans of letting them go.

All this does is prevent the completion of sets. Undecided

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MRBONG411 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 05:25:34 PM

Ever since I read through all the posts about Genesis series one coins and the sealed packs I knew I would want to get packs of series two and keep them sealed.

The plan was to keep a few boxes sealed and stashed away for awhile but I sold them off here one by one and if I recall MJ actually got a fantastic deal on one of them.

The last box was raffled off for a good cause and that leaves this box which, unless it sells today for 1BTC, will remained sealed in my collection.

I hope the people who want to see the box opened will respect that.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 05:28:32 PM

I'm pretty sure that the exact opposite is going to happen with any owner who holds a set which may be forever incomplete due to your actions.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 06:12:15 PM

I'm pretty sure that the exact opposite is going to happen with any owner who holds a set which may be forever incomplete due to your actions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology_of_collecting

Some people collect stuff that is never opened, for example people buy boxes of baseball cards and never open them or the packs. I can respect that. People are different, that's all. 

Cheers Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 06:16:56 PM

Some people collect stuff that is never opened, for example people buy boxes of baseball cards and never open them or the packs. I can respect that. People are different, that's all.  
Does my statement look like it was addressing you? It did not; read my post again. Generalizing reasons behind collecting random items and comparing them to a series which was intended to be traded is absurd as it is.
This:

I'll give you $100 plus shipping for the box.
I doubt that anyone is willing to offer more than that. This auction is just bland and shall not attract bidders due to the starting price. Good luck OP. Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5930

Meh.

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 06:25:27 PM

I have to agree with with Lauda on this one. Collecting stuff without opening it is all fine and dandy, but these genesis coins were sold with the intention of being traded with other users. Since distribution of #'s were random I really do not see any reason to keep it sealed. Unless you do not want people to finish their sets, which will only make it more likely for you to not get anything for the box in the end.

TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 08:15:50 PM

Why not just start the auction with a lower starting bid.  Move the decimal point 1 place to the left: .1BTC for BOTH pieces.  You need the money, right?  It does you no good sitting on this stuff.  The Genesis coins are probably worth less than $75, because it would only appeal to people who are in need of those specific missing coins.  Very small audience. 

If you want auction action, if you really want to spice it up, then lower the starting bid.

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 08:18:52 PM

I have to agree with with Lauda on this one. Collecting stuff without opening it is all fine and dandy, but these genesis coins were sold with the intention of being traded with other users. Since distribution of #'s were random I really do not see any reason to keep it sealed. Unless you do not want people to finish their sets, which will only make it more likely for you to not get anything for the box in the end.

Why not just start the auction with a lower starting bid.  Move the decimal point 1 place to the left: .1BTC for BOTH pieces.  You need the money, right?  It does you no good sitting on this stuff.  The Genesis coins are probably worth less than $75, because it would only appeal to people who are in need of those specific missing coins.  Very small audience. 

If you want auction action, if you really want to spice it up, then lower the starting bid.

Yup. Agreed with all comments in this thread regarding the starting bids.. 1 BTC to start is just too high. But its your auction MRBONG411 Smiley Good luck.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
MRBONG411 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 08:28:53 PM

I didn't expect this thread to be so lively.

Most likely these items wont sell and they will be put back away in my collection.

My loan will be a bit late but it will be paid so it will be ok.

I also don't think this is the last sealed Genesis box out there and if anyone does have a sealed box still I would be willing to pay more than $100 for it.

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 08:53:12 PM

may i kindly suggest you to put it in auction , with a starting bid at  ... 100 $ or 150 $ reserve price ?  it could be a fun auction , and you surely get more than 100 $ for this box... just my 2 satoshis ..
A-10

Activity: 177
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 09:27:48 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2017, 07:06:16 PM by A-10

Cheers Smiley
[/quote]

This is very true, I have boxes of coins nerver opened. My 2006 silver eagle anniversary sets are one such set that can not be graded as such if it has been opened. My free coin from Smoothie is unopened. Some coins carry a high premium in unopened packages. I also keep the packaging and any correspondence to prove provenance which greatly adds value.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 04:55:50 PM

I didn't know wheelz had random gold coins placed into the boxes!  Cheesy

It's great that you value your sealed box at 1BTC but I think it's absurd to expect someone to pay that.  FYI, I sold a completed set (serialized lower than #5) in the display case by BG4 for less than 0.75BTC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: