Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:42:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any interest in emergency services radios?  (Read 353 times)
WeatherChaser (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:40:29 AM

I am selling two items from my emergency services collection...

The first item is a Motorola Minitor V Pager in VHF. I modified the software so it will do 143-174 MHz. Included is the pager, battery, and charger. Free programming! I would like to get ~$175 with free USA shipping.

Next item is a Kenwood TK-3180K UHF portable radio. It is flashed to do 440-520 MHz, and includes a shoulder mix, new battery, antenna, and battery Conditioner. I cannot program this one, but free shipping. I would like to get ~$215 with free USA shipping.

Photos available on request.

Is there any interest here?

Social Media Expert For Hire
President and CEO of a large news media network
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 02:12:36 AM

I wonder how limited-use the Minitor would be. Is it the dual-freq model? Does it have to hear tones to record the voice traffic, or could it be set to any simplex or repeater output freq(s) & playback the last traffic heard, for example a mayday on 146.52?

https://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_us/products/pagers/discontinued-products/minitor-v.html#tabproductinfo

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
WeatherChaser (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:31:04 PM

I wonder how limited-use the Minitor would be. Is it the dual-freq model? Does it have to hear tones to record the voice traffic, or could it be set to any simplex or repeater output freq(s) & playback the last traffic heard, for example a mayday on 146.52?

https://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_us/products/pagers/discontinued-products/minitor-v.html#tabproductinfo
Hi!

The Minitor worked well on 162.XXX when I used it for NWS alerts (Long C time of 1050Hz)

I am pretty sure it requires a tone to be played... but if I recall in the programming software, you can program the DTMF tones for like 1-seconds, and once that tone is held for 1.1-seconds, it will open the squelch and alert. This one isn't a stored voice Pager however.

Social Media Expert For Hire
President and CEO of a large news media network
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: