Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:30:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] DECRED Limited Edition Collectible coins only 100 Minted.  (Read 940 times)
Maicol792 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 08:28:21 AM

I have edited whit Coin Specification ... I think now all is clear ... sorry.

Didn't see any editing that you made.  Huh
You are misleading people when you say -
   "Pure gold Decred coin plated in antique gold finish."
It's not pure gold coin in the first place, the coin is made of BRONZE & you just plated it with gold.
So what thickness of plating do you plan to put on top of that bronze, so at least we can calculate how much gold you are putting into that coin?

I have re-edited for plus clear thread and spec 24k gold are 2g of plating... I think now is clear and not misleading people.

Good reservation and thanks :-)
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 01:24:13 PM

It's not pure gold coin in the first place, the coin is made of BRONZE & you just plated it with gold.
So what thickness of plating do you plan to put on top of that bronze, so at least we can calculate how much gold you are putting into that coin?

I have re-edited for plus clear thread and spec 24k gold are 2g of plating... I think now is clear and not misleading people.

I am no expert in coin manufacturing, so please excuse me if I seam ignorant; 2 grams of gold, this seams like a large amount of gold for plating a coin. Standard silver coins with gold plating have gold content in the magnitude of mg. Is this coins made with some kind of very thick plating or is the 2 grams more like a guess for the gold content?

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 01:25:46 PM

What in the name of all cats is 'Decred'? Cheesy Instant turn-off. Had it been Bitcoin, this would have had a fair chance.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Maicol792 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 01:35:18 PM

I am no expert in coin manufacturing, so please excuse me if I seam ignorant; 2 grams of gold, this seams like a large amount of gold for plating a coin. Standard silver coins with gold plating have gold content in the magnitude of mg. Is this coins made with some kind of very thick plating or is the 2 grams more like a guess for the gold content?

Yes I can confirm 2 gr of gold in this money i have request this production.
Maicol792 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 01:38:28 PM

What in the name of all cats is 'Decred'? Cheesy Instant turn-off. Had it been Bitcoin, this would have had a fair chance.

Shocked ahahah I thinking produce another commemorative of this spec coin bitcoin if you are interested ;-)
Maicol792 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 01:39:44 PM

May I suggest if you could specify the metal the coin is actually made of as well as the plating.

For instance when you describe the coin:

We would like to announce the one and only Gold DECRED Coin. 1 Troy ounce (31.1gram). Pure gold Decred coin plated in antique gold finish.

I mean you wanted to mislead people into believing it was "Pure Gold". Add what metal is the coin made of.

There are some serious collectors in this "neck of the woods" if you do it nicely you can attract the right attention and do well with your release.

Watching for now.  Smiley

COIN SPEC:
Material: BRONZE
Plating: 24K GOLD
Finish: ANTIQUE
Diameter: 33 mm
Thickness: 3 mm

Hopefully your mint is not charging you too much.....
about 200$ for a bronze coin?
maybe price can be lowered to maybe 25 DCR Huh

Huh There are 2 gr of gold ...
Maicol792 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 02:45:32 PM

May I suggest if you could specify the metal the coin is actually made of as well as the plating.

We would like to announce the one and only Gold DECRED Coin. 1 Troy ounce (31.1gram). Pure gold Decred coin plated in antique gold finish.

I mean you wanted to mislead people into believing it was "Pure Gold". Add what metal is the coin made of.

There are some serious collectors in this "neck of the woods" if you do it nicely you can attract the right attention and do well with your release.

Watching for now.  Smiley

COIN SPEC:

will there be a way to test this once you have the coins??
the mint could plate with a small amount and just tell you it's 2 grams per coin. Huh
go for a non-plated coin....

You do know that gold is also in "grains".....   are these plated with 2 grains of gold??   (grains is gr btw)
that would make more sense......

1) Simply.... the coin is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity
2) I have another solution whit normal plate in gold in order of mg of gold ... and the price of this solution is near 25 DCR + cost of spedition.
Maicol792 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 03:03:15 PM

Watching for now.  Smiley

COIN SPEC:

will there be a way to test this once you have the coins??
the mint could plate with a small amount and just tell you it's 2 grams per coin. Huh
go for a non-plated coin....

You do know that gold is also in "grains".....   are these plated with 2 grains of gold??   (grains is gr btw)
that would make more sense......

1) Simply.... the coin is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity
2) I have another solution whit normal plate in gold in order of mg of gold ... and the price of this solution is near 25 DCR + cost of spedition.

If you can do that, I would take #4 or #7 please.

Solution 2 reserved for you #4

Thanks my friend ;-)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: