Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:50:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LTC][BTC][NMC][Pool][PPLNS] - P2Pool.org - P2Pool Multi-Mining Pool  (Read 10703 times)
nybbler905

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:17:11 PM

with both GUIMiner and CGMiner running overnight ( 8+ hours ) there were confirmed shares at my end.  One would assume that if, somehow, I could send and recive confirmation of shares THAT the miner is working and set up properly.  The lack of payment and the lack of assistance to find out WHY there is no payment and why the FAQ page has the following in the questions/answers "

Q: What is PPLNS?
A: Pay-Per-Last-N-Shares is a payout method that is completely resistant to pool hoppers.

"

and still no payment, or if somehow Terracoins and LiteCoins are NOT PPLNS is of no assistance.
I've looked over ' server side pool setups ' and how easy it is to set up any coin, have miners in a pool, and totaly scam them by not even paying them.  With this issue not resolved, it's looking more and more like anyone under a certain range of hash power is going to fall in to the same catagory as myself and be on the recieving end of the scam.

Always looking for donations even as low as 1uBTC
14XfpYPdtYiGoEiDcKrSzuvBM3ukhwANUh - BTC
LS7FEfu9ajp3NQcDjui9TSKscwQesj9i8k - LTC
LHe9g5ixMyfdtqAEHU5vErG1eQrDshBFRW -Luckycoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nybbler905

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:11:55 PM

you may want to add this info for your web page so others know there is a GUIMiner-Scrypt out there that does CUDA Mining for the Nvidia cards out there

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150331.new#new

Jude Austin
Legendary

Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 05:00:43 PM

I have no control over payments.

None, nothing, zilch, nada.

I literally run P2Pool with my fee setting and that is it, which can always be checked by going to http://p2pool.org:port/fee

The only way I could ever steal payments is if I shut down the pool, set the fee to 100, and started it back up, very noticeable.

At that point it wouldn't even show payouts to miners on the payout tab.

I probably would be a little more excited to help if you didn't come off as a tool bag and accuse me of stealing.

I believe you are doing maybe 30Kh/s total.

Which is almost nothing, again, probably the reason you haven't seen payment is because you aren't putting enough work in.

I've never stolen anything from anyone and I don't plan on it.

I don't really know what else to tell you.

As for missing information and all of that, Google is your friend.

A good amount of miners don't mine at my pool because I rip them off, ya dig?

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:16:56 AM

Please update your p2pool https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.0

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
Jude Austin
Legendary

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 07:39:26 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

I need to add all the altcoins to Forrests new update and I will switch it over.

I really hate shutting the pool down tho, but it has to be done.

Axel!

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:33:45 AM

Hey Jude, i've some questions for you.

first of all: i started cpu mining for litecoin yesterday on your pool with an intel i7 cpu, and a 24 core Xeon CPU, from the logs i see an hashrate of ~45Kh/s for the i7 and ~95Kh/s for the Xeon, but if i point my browser to the statistic page i see that my hashrate is 0.33 Kh/s  Huh maybe there's something wrong into your scripts?

Second thing: i still do not see any payout into the statistic page, and i submitted several shares. Am i doing something wrong?

I'm mining with minerd on linux without extra parameters only username (LQYvmK2gPzB9KVtA2vNQJj2Qn84f6bLcv6) and url (http://p2pool.org:9327)
Jude Austin
Legendary

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 04:22:35 PM

Hey Jude, i've some questions for you.

first of all: i started cpu mining for litecoin yesterday on your pool with an intel i7 cpu, and a 24 core Xeon CPU, from the logs i see an hashrate of ~45Kh/s for the i7 and ~95Kh/s for the Xeon, but if i point my browser to the statistic page i see that my hashrate is 0.33 Kh/s  Huh maybe there's something wrong into your scripts?

Second thing: i still do not see any payout into the statistic page, and i submitted several shares. Am i doing something wrong?

I'm mining with minerd on linux without extra parameters only username (LQYvmK2gPzB9KVtA2vNQJj2Qn84f6bLcv6) and url (http://p2pool.org:9327)

You are showing up on the graphs but your hash rate is very inconsistent.

nybbler905

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:53:11 PM

It has been a while since I have posted or contacted P2Pool.org on issues and think it's about time to post ( my view ) on the per coin page and what it means.
This is not meant to put P2Pool.org down in any way, not meant to cause friction, it is meant to assist with what is missing in the Q.A. page.

First pick any currency as they all are displayed in the same manner.
From the top, you get a nice chart of the pools hash rate ( if you are currently mining, your average is in there too )

Now down the main part: ( Luckycoin was picked on for this example on Aug. 21 2013 in case it gets removed or picks up from being a dying coin.)

Local rate 13.8kH/s (0.0% DOA)       
how fast the pool is as a percent vs insta dead shares, lower DOA the better, more chance of the pool submitting a block.

Expected time to share 0.0212 hours (1.27 minutes)
how fast the average share is found, tied to hash rate and dificulty, miners with slow or older equipment will get lower payouts from blocks if their submitted shares still count.

Shares    70547 total (3 orphaned, 31671 dead) Efficiency: 55.10%
The one that counts, low dead, bigger shot at a block submitted that will mean a payout for all that mining, as you can see, near impossible with almost 50% dead shares.

Payout if a block were found NOW 1.87659722 LKY
Verry badly worded estimate of per share ( still valid shares ) and the current block value.

Pool rate    36.2kH/s (0.0% DOA+orphan)
How fast the total pool is, faster means more shares for you, faster pool, more blocks the pool submits.

Share difficulty 0.000244
current math issue that your miner deals with ( refer elsewhere for hash difficulty, or web search it). higher means older, more established coin, some heavy miners won't touch a coin with less than 1 for difficulty.

Node uptime 32.557 (781.376 hours)
how long it's been since server side reset, longer, more likely what you've submitted wasn't lost over the last few blocks.

Peers 0 out, 0 in
miner count as in how many ' new ' miner shares submitted kicked out ' old ' miners submitted shares.  With this example, me soloing to get this data, and someone with more than dual 8600GT cards ( not connected ) could push me out of contention and it would change to 1 out (me) 1 in ( them ) assuming that there was also more than just 2 miners ( no idea on what the server can do for miner limit )

Current block value 88.60000000000001 LKY
The ' jackpot' value if the block was submitted NOW ( changes fast and often due to other pools/solo-miners/blockinfo sending charge/ect.  durning the mining process )

Then the graphs:
nope, no pic, sorry.
left: 55% good, 44% bad, 1% orphaned. higher good, better chance of Block.

Right: global speed ( the whole world in peer to peer mining )
local speed ( the pool Vs the world and dead speed )
Dead speed ( what speed suddenly died, logged out, rebooted, etc )

low dead is good, high local is good, world speed over 50% bad.

Hope this info on P2Pool.org helps someone out and they feel generous enough to donate Smiley

If you get Luckycoin, feel free to send a few to me at LHe9g5ixMyfdtqAEHU5vErG1eQrDshBFRW

Jude Austin
Legendary

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 11:23:43 PM

Thank you for that.

Is there anything else that needs to be brought to my attention?

I really need to make an FAQ page with better explanation or perhaps use some mouse-over text boxes.

The problem is I am not very good at explaining things myself and I typically end up leaving the person even more confused, lol.

And P2Pool.org is a one man show, one man, two servers, lol.

So things get a little crazy at times but my main goal is to keep the pools running then I tend to the pretty stuff.

Again thanks for the explanation above and if you ever have any questions/concerns you can message me on here or via the widget on P2Pool.org.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: