Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:42:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pascal eats alot of watts and exhaust alot of temp. miner unstable!!!  (Read 1912 times)
RentGPU (OP)

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 10:09:36 AM

I was mining zcash before pascal i found a big diffrence
First in the gpu temp that rises at least 7-10 degrees for pascal and also the wattage rises about 20 watt per card or even more , the miner is kind of shitminer unstable all the time---- is there any good miners for pascal??! or just this one because if not i think its good to switch back to zec until a real miner comes out.

2016 GPU Miner

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ciombat

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:40:23 AM

you're right, my gpu's compared to zec are much hotter ( about ~8C ) and power draw is also bigger. Im waiting for another miner or better optimization for current miner  Roll Eyes

There is also difference between miner and pool hashrate  Undecided miner shows ~1300mh/s on two cards, pool shows ~1000mh/s  Shocked
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:52:04 AM

Power usage is high because its SHA256, thats basically entirely GPU compute and those use the most GPU resources. However its doesnt use much memory so you can downclock your memory very low to like 300Mhz.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:52:53 AM

you're right, my gpu's compared to zec are much hotter ( about ~8C ) and power draw is also bigger. Im waiting for another miner or better optimization for current miner  Roll Eyes

There is also difference between miner and pool hashrate  Undecided miner shows ~1300mh/s on two cards, pool shows ~1000mh/s  Shocked
Same here my miner shows 1600mh pool shows1350mh

2016 GPU Miner
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:57:16 AM

Power usage is high because its SHA256, thats basically entirely GPU compute and those use the most GPU resources. However its doesnt use much memory so you can downclock your memory very low to like 300Mhz.
Even the core clock is unstable like claymore miner i also found that when i use teamviewer it pushes the core clock to max and the hashrate of the card is push 20mh more Smiley

2016 GPU Miner
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 01:14:11 PM

claymore to the rescue???  Cool
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 02:48:21 PM

claymore to the rescue???  Cool
I am now sure 100% that he deserve his fee to the last penny, he really know how to write a miner

2016 GPU Miner
cptfisher

Activity: 649
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 04:11:53 PM

ahh this guys taht dont know nothing ... hig power... you hsould have been here mining sha ro scrypt with gpus ... when a 6x rig used to take 2kwh from wall.....  pascal is kinda low power today since the new cards (rx 470 is very efficient) ... lower your ram and a bit your voltage... and dont oc as miner is not optimized...
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 03:36:03 AM

I was mining zcash before pascal i found a big diffrence
First in the gpu temp that rises at least 7-10 degrees for pascal and also the wattage rises about 20 watt per card or even more , the miner is kind of shitminer unstable all the time---- is there any good miners for pascal??! or just this one because if not i think its good to switch back to zec until a real miner comes out.
lol, pascalminer its the most stable miner i've ever use, even its first come,
power comsumption ZEC vs PASC = 750 vs 900, 20% more, but its good for RX series, the most profitable coin for RX at the moment
if claymore make this optimized miner it definetly PASC will die.....

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Benchman

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:03:48 AM

On paper - yes.

In theory still ETH, or even XMR which uses alot less power.

RX470 8GB on XMR ~ 90W. That's a big deal.
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 05:30:33 AM

Has nothing to do with miners...pascal is based on the bitcoin algo (its essentialy two bitcoin hashes in one with some other changes). The core kernel has been optimized to hell since bitcoin GPU days, so the reason your rigs are running hot and crashing is because this algo utilizes nearly 100% of the GPU compute die (since SHA256 hashes are 100% compute an almost zero memory dependence).

If you have pushed your clocks or voltages for ZEC or ETH its almost guaranteed to fail for pascal. Both ZEC and ETH are idling on the core while mem accesses are happening for a large percentage of core clocks, and thats the main reason they are way more stable and forgiving (unless you push the mem side of things of course).

Like somone else mentioned the current crop of GPU miners are spoiled...you guys should have mined back in the BTC/Litecoin GPU days  Grin Grin

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224

CryptoLearner

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:00:29 AM

With nvidia miner i don't report anything out of the ordinary, it's rock stable, power draw & temps are the same as other algos, everything very nice Smiley
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 03:47:42 PM

With the nanopool version of sgminer-5.5.0 running on ubuntu 16.04, I get:

~3000 MH/s with a 6x 1070 rig using ~720 watts

~1500 MH/s with a 6x 1050 ti SC rig using ~ 345 watts

very stable.  nanopool build guide is bad however.  

I had to git clone the standard version of sgminer; then

git submodule init
git submodule update

within that version, then copy the files in its submodule directory to the nanopool versions submodule directory.

after doing that you can run the commands:

autoreconf -i
CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native -std=gnu99"
make

from a terminal with its cd set to your nanopool directory and it should work. (you may need dependencies which are correct on the nanopool guide)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 05:23:37 PM

With the nanopool version of sgminer-5.5.0 running on ubuntu 16.04, I get:

~3000 MH/s with a 6x 1070 rig using ~720 watts

~1500 MH/s with a 6x 1050 ti SC rig using ~ 345 watts

very stable.  nanopool build guide is bad however.  

I had to git clone the standard version of sgminer; then

git submodule init
git submodule update

within that version, then copy the files in its submodule directory to the nanopool versions submodule directory.

after doing that you can run the commands:

autoreconf -i
CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native -std=gnu99"
make

from a terminal with its cd set to your nanopool directory and it should work. (you may need dependencies which are correct on the nanopool guide)

sp mod or nicehash can do 1000+ with a 1070 or 4500MH with 750watt
fullzero
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:18:10 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  I test mined with 1 rig for 12 hours and found that zec was more profitable and had switched back to zec.  Assuming your numbers are correct ( you always seem to know when it comes to 1070s ) pasc and zec should be very close in profitability.  Which are you currently mining?
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:25:13 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  I test mined with 1 rig for 12 hours and found that zec was more profitable and had switched back to zec.  Assuming your numbers are correct ( you always seem to know when it comes to 1070s ) pasc and zec should be very close in profitability.  Which are you currently mining?

Just use Whattomine to see what is the most profitable, at the moment i switch alot between pascal & lbry, zcash/zclassic come close second behind those, and sometimes during the day you have VTC/FTC that rise up too.
fullzero
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:44:56 PM

Just use Whattomine to see what is the most profitable, at the moment i switch alot between pascal & lbry, zcash/zclassic come close second behind those, and sometimes during the day you have VTC/FTC that rise up too.

I am familiar with what to mine.

I want to know what Amph is mining, because strictly following WTM will never match more complex strategies.  What he is mining tells me a lot about the sentiment of nvidia miners.  WTM and it's widespread adoption serve more to balance the profitability of each coin than telling you how to maximize profit.  In general you want to mine at low difficulty and sell at high value.  WTM is not the best tool to do this.  As far as I know; no one has released a linear programming / Bayesian network application.

There also should be a what client to use, and a best known settings for each card.  

Back in the day you could refer to:

mining hardware comparison

For all that sort of information.  

Eliovp made a new one last year; but it had a lot of functional issues; a large table like its predecessor would have been better.

m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:35:50 PM

I am familiar with what to mine.

I want to know what Amph is mining, because strictly following WTM will never match more complex strategies.  What he is mining tells me a lot about the sentiment of nvidia miners.  WTM and it's widespread adoption serve more to balance the profitability of each coin than telling you how to maximize profit.  In general you want to mine at low difficulty and sell at high value.  WTM is not the best tool to do this.  As far as I know; no one has released a linear programming / Bayesian network application.

There also should be a what client to use, and a best known settings for each card.  

Back in the day you could refer to:

mining hardware comparison

For all that sort of information.  

Eliovp made a new one last year; but it had a lot of functional issues; a large table like its predecessor would have been better.

Well i gave you what i mine as a nvidia miner. If you want more nvidia mining info check you yun999 topic i post quite a bit of infos there https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1761303.0
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 07:20:14 PM

Thanks for the heads up.  I test mined with 1 rig for 12 hours and found that zec was more profitable and had switched back to zec.  Assuming your numbers are correct ( you always seem to know when it comes to 1070s ) pasc and zec should be very close in profitability.  Which are you currently mining?

lbry i still believe in the pump, it can't be that investors bought all the way down without reason

i mined zcoin when it shifted to the new fork for changing the algo and it was good for the first 3 hours or so, very profitable now on par with the others
fullzero
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:57:51 AM

lbry i still believe in the pump, it can't be that investors bought all the way down without reason

i mined zcoin when it shifted to the new fork for changing the algo and it was good for the first 3 hours or so, very profitable now on par with the others

What client / settings do you recommend for lbry?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: