Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:20:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bother?  (Read 1258 times)
Vanquish7 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:53:47 AM

How pitifully small the shares you get actually are is completely beyond a joke, they want to abuse people GPUs with high stress levels and pay out not even pennies its an outright scam. My gpu would probably burn out long before I make £10. I know my rate wasn't good but even if my 46 mhash was 460 mhash my GPU would still burn out long before I made any actual money. I think we are all pretty much being taken for a ride, even if your rates are alot better you are still pointlessly stressing your gpu for small payouts. If they want us to stress our computers and use copious amounts of energy they should pay out ALOT more. The whole thing is a scam to make some rich guy richer and hes doing it by burning out YOUR computer not his.
darnth

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:55:06 AM

How pitifully small the shares you get actually are is completely beyond a joke, they want to abuse people GPUs with high stress levels and pay out not even pennies its an outright scam. My gpu would probably burn out long before I make £10. I know my rate wasn't good but even if my 46 mhash was 460 mhash my GPU would still burn out long before I made any actual money. I think we are all pretty much being taken for a ride, even if your rates are alot better you are still pointlessly stressing your gpu for small payouts. If they want us to stress our computers and use copious amounts of energy they should pay out ALOT more. The whole thing is a scam to make some rich guy richer and hes doing it by burning out YOUR computer not his.

LoL, especially reading your sig Cheesy
Trollbait?
Vanquish7 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:57:14 AM

Excuse me but being a noob to BTC mining doesn't make me a complete idiot I can do simple math so don't disrespect me you sad jerk. Besides I'm no longer trying to understand anything, I understand completely what this is about now. Its about using somebody else's computer as a slave to make you free money, except most of us are on the raw end of that deal.
OdinHephaestus

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:01:11 AM

Your either ignorant, or trolling.

Either way, try reading the wiki.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page

Bitcoin: 1odinQ5YUdbfuopNF2D1FZRN8qcrC4y1L
Litecoin: LeodinXzG7CgHqPDZxaUgsDKUKBUu46qa5
Vanquish7 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:03:44 AM

If I invested in a machine that was 1000x better than my pc at mining I would still be making nothing, and how much would it even cost to make such a machine? Probably alot......
And don't throw insults at me without explaining why I'm wrong otherwise you are just flaming me out of insecurity?
Edit: That link explained nothing.....
text12

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:04:19 AM

You're about a year too late for the GPU phase of bitcoin. The creators forsaw the rasie of asic and thats the era we now live in. You could try one of the Alt coins, but all the big time gpu miners are moving over now and pushing the small guys out.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:07:31 AM

Hello, bitcoin is not a get rich quick scheme

now stop trolling  Smiley

Vanquish7 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:12:50 AM

Hello Mr Black & White ever heard of the grey area?
Its not supposed to be a get poor quick scheme either......
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:15:24 AM

No one is forcing you to do that, if you find yourself losing money then please stop losing money  Wink But don't assume that OTHER people too are losing money  Wink

Vanquish7 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:28:08 AM

Might as well just invest the time in a job, then you wont be screwed when BTC dies. Because I guarantee if you are actually making anything on BTC mining you must have a purpose built machine that's expensive and has little other use whatsoever.
Alexj17

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 10:30:20 AM

There are other ways to make money from BitCoin rather than just mining.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 10:43:29 AM

It is,  I  believe,  an important point you bring up , obviously you are not feeling any BTC love, on the bigger issue of course is the potential centralization of the second 50% of BTC , with the price justification including sovereigns and large institutions , and then the other potential aspects and flaws that are derived from those results.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:59:43 AM

Back in my day, almost any dingbat with 8 AMD cards running on a folding table could mine profitably with $2 coins. When we weren't running profitable (if assuming immediate cashout to fiat), we still kept running, because way back then, people talked about different ways to use Bitcoin rather than using it to gamble against USD/EUR/etc, so we looked at it as a long-term investment.

You kids these days want everything handed on a silver platter. Back in my day, though, Faygo cost $1 per 2 bottles. I went to Walmart yesterday... $1.19 per bottle! What the fuck, man! Faygo's a ponzi, and I'm too late, and I don't even like Faygo, so...

... What were we talking about?
lostmyshit

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:05:18 AM

at pretty much any point in the past, if you mined, you made huge $. the value has gone up and up and up

if you can imagine coins 2x in price ? 4x? then its worth it
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:28:42 PM

at pretty much any point in the past, if you mined, you made huge $. the value has gone up and up and up

if you can imagine coins 2x in price ? 4x? then its worth it

Or if you think it's fun and have a decent guess that you will get your money back. (Free hobby!)

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
swordfish6975

Activity: 721
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 12:40:18 PM

Or if you think it's fun and have a decent guess that you will get your money back. (Free hobby!)

Were I live if you make a loss its a hobby, if you make money its a business venture. (according to the government)

Don't forget to declare it as capital gains.

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

http://cryptofolio.info  - google finance of cryptos
brinebold

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 01:20:28 PM

How pitifully small the shares you get actually are is completely beyond a joke, they want to abuse people GPUs with high stress levels and pay out not even pennies its an outright scam.
Who is *they*? If you're talking about the creators, they are not benefitting from bitcoin anymore than any of the other early adopters who were doing the same for a currency that was worth exactly 0.

My gpu would probably burn out long before I make £10. I know my rate wasn't good but even if my 46 mhash was 460 mhash my GPU would still burn out long before I made any actual money. I think we are all pretty much being taken for a ride, even if your rates are alot better you are still pointlessly stressing your gpu for small payouts.
Other than your fans, which are actually rlatively cheap to replace with adftermarket parts, your GPU is actually less stressed by bitcoin mining (assuming it isn't overclocked) than it would be by the interimittent stresses of normal gaming. *Changes* in temperature are bad for electronics. Higher than ambient temperatures are not significantly stressful unless they are high enough to cause damage and your card will shut itself down before that point.

If they want us to stress our computers and use copious amounts of energy they should pay out ALOT more. The whole thing is a scam to make some rich guy richer and hes doing it by burning out YOUR computer not his.
Again, you seem to think there is a *they* or a *he* who hands out bitccoins to people and then buys them back later for currency. The leap in logic here is astounding: why would someone who can arbitrarily create and hand out some digital item then buy that thing back when he could simply create more of it? It makes as much sense as Microsoft asking people to send in their copies of Microsoft office for cash payments.

Buyback of physical goods makes sense. Buyback of digital goods doesn't.

Bitcoin miners are verifying the cryptography associated with BTC transaction logs + some arbitrary 'busywork' work to keep the giant swarm of people doing this now from completing it too fast and creating coins at an excessive rate. They are "paid" by all the other people verifying those logs by mutual agreeement that whomever finishes this bit of verifiication work (that everyone estimates will take 10 minutes) finished first gets 25 BTC added to their account. There is no 'they' managing this system except all the people mining, including yourself.
Blipper

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:12:22 PM

Well said. ;-)
Wilderness

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:24:51 PM

Back in my day, almost any dingbat with 8 AMD cards running on a folding table could mine profitably with $2 coins. When we weren't running profitable (if assuming immediate cashout to fiat), we still kept running, because way back then, people talked about different ways to use Bitcoin rather than using it to gamble against USD/EUR/etc, so we looked at it as a long-term investment.

You kids these days want everything handed on a silver platter. Back in my day, though, Faygo cost $1 per 2 bottles. I went to Walmart yesterday... $1.19 per bottle! What the fuck, man! Faygo's a ponzi, and I'm too late, and I don't even like Faygo, so...

... What were we talking about?

well played.

OP needs to think about scale. You talk about people wasting their time on Bitcoin, but you've clearly made up your mind and yet you're still here wasting yours.
getrichquack

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

Need money

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:36:00 PM

What the hell is trolling???.sorry im new to these forums  Embarrassed

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: