Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:52:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Negative trust with no reason  (Read 1415 times)
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 05:33:54 PM

[...] We all know that this one won't be used for legal purposes.
How do you "know" that, Lauda?

I personally don't like this "guilty 'till proven innocent" attitude...  Lips sealed

[...] There's no need to play the devil's advocate.
That need is always present...

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 05:40:01 PM

[...] We all know that this one won't be used for legal purposes.

I personally don't like this "guilty 'till proven innocent" attitude...  Lips sealed

[...] There's no need to play the devil's advocate.
That need is always present...
This is the mindset of Lauda. He always only looks at his own viewpoint without talking anything into consideration that would weaken his viewpoint.

@OP your only recourse is to contact dooglus, HostFat and Cyrus about this rating. These people are those who are the reason that Vod's ratings are visible by default.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 05:50:04 PM

I personally don't like this "guilty 'till proven innocent" attitude...  Lips sealed
Maybe if you shared it in a church, they'd be more people using it for 'genuine' purposes. I guess, we could also allow malware since it can be used to test your own system? Nobody has claimed that anyone is 'guilty' here.

This is the mindset of Lauda. He always only looks at his own viewpoint without talking anything into consideration that would weaken his viewpoint.
People aren't allowed to state their opinions? Some people will be fine with it, others will not. There's no factually right stance on this either.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:46:47 PM

How do you "know" that, Lauda? [...] I personally don't like this "guilty 'till proven innocent" attitude...  Lips sealed
Maybe if you shared it in a church, they'd be more people using it for 'genuine' purposes. I guess, we could also allow malware since it can be used to test your own system? Nobody has claimed that anyone is 'guilty' here. [...] There's no factually right stance on this either.

Well, don't you think that a negative trust rating by a DT member is "a bit over the top" then...  Huh

C'mon, this is BTCT and BTC we're talking about (so, no, certainly not church).

Maybe I'm missing something (and I would gladly be pointed towards that), but this really seems "over the top" (by Vod) to me...  Roll Eyes

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 06:55:50 PM

Well, don't you think that a negative trust rating by a DT member is "a bit over the top" then...  Huh
I don't have a particularly strong stance on this rating. Whilst I probably would not hand out one myself, I don't mind the one given out by Vod.

Therefore the odds of it being used for 'genuine' purposes is much lower. That was the conclusion that out of the initial assertion.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:03:15 PM

Therefore the odds of it being used for 'genuine' purposes is much lower. That was the conclusion that out of the initial assertion.

I would argue "the other way around"; because it is BTCT we should "stick together" and "understand" each other more.

E.g.: if on a deep-web marketplace someone is offering drugs or weapons for sale for BTC and he's got a "good" reputation - always delivering on time, as advertised and quality stuff - would you neg. trust him "just" for the offer...  Huh

(And mind you, I live in a liberal country and definitely support recreational drug use [not abuse] and I love going to the shooting range and hunting...)

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 07:10:10 PM

I would argue "the other way around"; because it is BTCT we should "stick together" and "understand" each other more.
I guess it depends on your level of optimism or should I say realism?

E.g.: if on a deep-web marketplace someone is offering drugs or weapons for sale for BTC and he's got a "good" reputation - always delivering on time, as advertised and quality stuff - would you neg. trust him "just" for the offer...  Huh
As I've previously said, I don't have a strong stance on this. This also raises the question whether we tag all/some people for doing something that is clearly illegal? I would say it depends on the particular case (as you're trying to point out?). However, someone who has been much longer in DT should be able to give you a better answer than me.

Update: Oops, my bad. Cheesy

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:13:04 PM

[...]
As I've previously said, I don't have a strong stance on this. This also raises the question whether we tag all/some people for doing something that is clearly illegal? I would say it depends on the particular case (as you're trying to point out?). However, someone who has been much longer in DT should be able to give you a better answer than me.

That (your stance) is obvious (and thank you for noting my point), but that's actually why I asked Vod...  Tongue

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 07:29:53 PM

Maybe I'm missing something (and I would gladly be pointed towards that), but this really seems "over the top" (by Vod) to me...  Roll Eyes

The OP had a chance (and maybe still does) to appeal this privately in in a calm and factual manner instead of being an asshole about it.

These threads about "unfair" trust really can't do much other than attract shitflies like QS. It's something that should be sorted out between two users unless it escalates to abuse of Default Trust, which this doesn't appear to be.

Vod doesn't trust the OP for the reason stated and it does sound like a plausible reason for someone not to trust another person, even if I wouldn't necessarily agree with it. If I think it's "over the top" I'll ignore it, otherwise I'll appreciate the warning. I don't expect the trust system to match my point of view 100%.
Sweeet

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 07:54:33 PM

Personally I don't believe that providing a keylogger shouldn't be looked upon as bad and further make you receive a negative. A keylogger could have many good uses, like for a manager to track a employee's office job on a computer. Although like drugs they could have better uses if people with worse intentions didn't ruin the good uses of it.

Looking through your post history I couldn't find any possible programs or anything malicious I think Vod should remove your negative and you delete your post. Keyloggers don't belong on this forum good or bad intentions.

I think first you should have PMed Vod and I believe he would have deleted his negative if you worked somethning out. It could be to late to change Vod's mind but I think it would be the right thing to do to reverse the negative regardless.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3066

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 08:48:51 PM

I thought about this overnight and I decided to change my negative to a neutral.  The OP did paste the source code of his project and I believe he was just trying out his programming skills, as I do from time to time.

The reason the rating remains a neutral is because people should be aware this person has no problems writing malicious software. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 09:04:59 PM

I thought about this overnight and I decided to change my negative to a neutral.  The OP did paste the source code of his project and I believe he was just trying out his programming skills, as I do from time to time.

The reason the rating remains a neutral is because people should be aware this person has no problems writing malicious software.

I can totally agree with that. Thanks for your feedback/time/explanation...

Sweeet

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 09:07:04 PM

I thought about this overnight and I decided to change my negative to a neutral.  The OP did paste the source code of his project and I believe he was just trying out his programming skills, as I do from time to time.

I'm glad that you choose to reverse this one, I think you did the right thing here.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: