Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:33:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the thread where you discuss free market, americans and libertarianism  (Read 33819 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:24:35 PM

Do you understand what the state is, and do you support what it does?
Yes i do know that the state is, and yes i do support it.
Well, we knew you were an evil bastard. But thanks for admitting it.
and now you have practicably called me insane, just because i have a different opinion than you. you are no better than the rest of the world, when it comes to your opinions. You just don't want to admit that you are forcing people, while others are very clear about that.
But I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. Quite the opposite.
It's right there in the name of the philosophy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntaryism

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:26:11 PM

snip

Lol that wasn't directed at you Tongue  I already know I can't get through to you.

kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:28:08 PM

and now you have practicably called me insane, just because i have a different opinion than you. you are no better than the rest of the world, when it comes to your opinions. You just don't want to admit that you are forcing people, while others are very clear about that.
thread of force is also force.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:32:34 PM

threat of force is also force.
So then the only moral position is absolute pacifism, and not even defense is allowed?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:34:58 PM

So then the only moral position is absolute pacifism, and not even defense is allowed?
if you find it immoral to hurt people, then yes.
if you do not find it immoral to hurt people, then no.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:41:54 PM

I see. Well, I do find it immoral to hurt people, and I also find it immoral to allow others to hurt me. So therefore, pacifism is also immoral for me, because by not resisting, I am allowing someone to hurt me.

However, someone who attempts to hurt another has, by their actions, shown that they do not find it immoral to hurt people, and so by hurting him to prevent him from hurting me, I am acting within both his morals, and mine.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:46:19 PM

I see. Well, I do find it immoral to hurt people, and I also find it immoral to allow people to be hurt. So therefore, pacifism is also immoral for me, because by not resisting, I am allowing someone to be hurt.
yup, you are fucked and trapped in a dilemma.

However, someone who attempts to hurt another has, by their actions, shown that they do not find it immoral to hurt people, and so by hurting him to prevent him from hurting me, I am acting within both his morals, and mine.
so you find it immoral to hurt people but still does so?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:54:45 PM

I see. Well, I do find it immoral to hurt people, and I also find it immoral to allow people to be hurt. So therefore, pacifism is also immoral for me, because by not resisting, I am allowing someone to be hurt.
Not at all, as I explain.

Only those who think it is moral to hurt others. And since acting in accordance with their morals allows me to act in accordance with my own (it is immoral for others to hurt me), I consider this to be a completely moral action, from both perspectives.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:59:41 PM

Not at all, as I explain.
premise a) you are a pacifist, it is immoral for you to hurt people.
premise b) you also find it immoral for people to be hurt.
-> dilemma, you are fucked, and your head will explode because you don't know what to do.

Only those who think it is moral to hurt others. And since acting in accordance with their morals allows me to act in accordance with my own (it is immoral for others to hurt me), I consider this to be a completely moral action, from both perspectives.
So its okay for you i hurt someone that feels hurt over your proclamation of NAP?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 04:06:13 PM

-> dilemma, you are fucked, and your head will explode because you don't know what to do.
Well there's your problem. I'm not a pacifist. The non-aggression principle states that it is immoral to initiate force. Vim Vi Repellere Licet.

So its okay for you i hurt someone that feels hurt over your proclamation of NAP?
Well, presumably if they "feel hurt" because I told them that initiating force is immoral, they feel that initiating force is moral. If they were to try to start anything, I would be perfectly OK ending it.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:31:36 PM

Well there's your problem. I'm not a pacifist. The non-aggression principle states that it is immoral to initiate force. Vim Vi Repellere Licet.
your post was written under the assumption that you were pacifist, or im bad at reading, and this is a misunderstanding.

Well, presumably if they "feel hurt" because I told them that initiating force is immoral, they feel that initiating force is moral. If they were to try to start anything, I would be perfectly OK ending it.
Congratulation, you have just created a war.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 04:36:57 PM

your post was written under the assumption that you were pacifist, or im bad at reading, and this is a misunderstanding.
I'm willing to wager it's the latter. I've never claimed to be a pacifist. Perhaps you misunderstand the non-aggression principle.

I'm guessing you've misunderstood something here, as well. War is a conflict between two countries, usually over resources. You described an interpersonal conflict.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:44:09 PM

I'm willing to wager it's the latter. I've never claimed to be a pacifist. Perhaps you misunderstand the non-aggression principle.
I have not misunderstood the NAP.

I'm guessing you've misunderstood something here, as well. War is a conflict between two countries, usually over resources. You described an interpersonal conflict.
I find that your replies evades a meaningful response to my exaggerated post.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 04:47:25 PM

If you believe it makes a person a pacifist, you have.

I find that your exaggerated post evades a meaningful response to my reasonable post.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:49:40 PM

If you believe it makes a person a pacifist, you have.
NAP != pacifism, i know that. but pacifism is consistent.

I find that your exaggerated post evades a meaningful response to my reasonable post.
Congratulation, you have just started a fist fight.

better?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 04:57:54 PM

NAP != pacifism, i know that. but pacifism is consistent.
As is the non-aggression principle. If you think it is inconsistent, you have misunderstood it.

Congratulation, you have just started a fist fight.
Less exaggerated, but no better. Read what I wrote again:

If they were to try to start anything, I would be perfectly OK ending it.

He started the fist fight. I ended it.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:00:12 PM

it is correct that he hit you first, but also that you hurt him first...

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 05:01:51 PM

On the contrary, I did nothing to him.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:05:04 PM

Yes you did. You hurt him by declaring NAP, can't you remember? word can hurt too.  Cry

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 05:13:04 PM

Yes you did. You hurt him by declaring NAP, can't you remember? word can hurt too.  Cry

I still contend that you grossly misunderstand Non-aggression.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: