Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:24:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the thread where you discuss free market, americans and libertarianism  (Read 33824 times)
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 06:32:25 PM

Why I'm not a determinist. If there's no way to change the future, there's no point in trying.
yes, but you can watch and enjoy. Cheesy
Which would require that I enjoy what I'm seeing. Since I don't, that presents a problem.
so you say that you lack the ability to enjoy things? or are you saying that determinism does not allow you to enjoy things?

There's also the problem that certain things out there try to prevent you from watching. If you just sit back, watch, and enjoy, you'll last only a few days before you'll die of hunger and thirst. You need to do stuff like collect resources to sustain yourself, collect resources to maintain your health, collect resources to fix your health and your other resources if they break...

If you just want to sit, watch, and enjoy, feel free to sit and rot away. No one will stop you. Some of us want to be able to watch for a bit longer than that, which means we do have to make choices and work to get them accomplished.

Sadly, though, what YOU want to do is sit, watch, enjoy, and take OTHER people's resources to continue to sit, watch, and enjoy.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 06:36:49 PM

Why I'm not a determinist. If there's no way to change the future, there's no point in trying.
Which would require that I enjoy what I'm seeing. Since I don't, that presents a problem.
so you say that you lack the ability to enjoy things? or are you saying that determinism does not allow you to enjoy things?
I'm saying this is not the sort of thing I am inclined to enjoy watching.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:49:25 PM

oh, it does not matter... im a nihilist.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 06:54:43 PM

So, just all around evil bastard, huh?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:00:57 PM

yeah man, lets kill them all!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 07:01:43 PM

As long as you start with yourself.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:05:09 PM

are you ordering me to begin killing people starting with myself?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 07:16:20 PM

No, merely suggesting a wise starting point for the killing spree you stated you wished to go on.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:26:17 PM

No, merely suggesting a wise starting point for the killing spree you stated you wished to go on.
WE! that WE go on. Because it fun!

and anyway, it is not a wise starting point under the assumption that i want it to continue.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 07:32:50 PM

WE! that WE go on. Because it fun!
I've no interest. It doesn't sound fun to me.

and anyway, it is not a wise starting point under the assumption that i want it to continue.
True. But it is the most economical. You would eventually be stopped by the authorities anyway, and this way, you're only expending one bullet, and they don't have to expend any. It also saves everyone involved, yourself included, a great deal of time. So, by starting your killing spree with yourself, you save not only yourself, but your government, time and money. Just be sure to leave a detailed note, so that they know you saved them all that money.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:40:38 PM

True. But it is the most economical. You would eventually be stopped by the authorities anyway, and this way, you're only expending one bullet, and they don't have to expend any. It also saves everyone involved, yourself included, a great deal of time. So, by starting your killing spree with yourself, you save not only yourself, but your government, time and money. Just be sure to leave a detailed note, so that they know you saved them all that money.
money is a social construct.
but why would they be interested in holding green paper with numbers on?

and for the people reading this thread thinking that i just went totally crazy:

I did not, i have been that all along. But the discussion just wasn't interesting anymore me and blabla comes up with perfectly logical arguments myrkul et al. came up with some (halfway good) logic stuff that contradicted our findings. Then we started calling each others crazy. and now on just returning to the original thread "americans and stuff": so lets shoot all the people!!!

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:56:16 PM

Only thing I've gathered from this thread is that people are bonkers all over the world.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:59:00 PM

Only thing I've gathered from this thread is that people are bonkers all over the world.
Myrkul is...

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 07:59:53 PM

money is a social construct.
but why would they be interested in holding green paper with numbers on?
You're neglecting all the time you would be saving them. And it's not just the money, but the value that the money represents. The wasted bullets. The fuel used up in chasing you. Not to mention all the collateral damage, from either your actions or the police's. Starting with yourself really does save society a great deal of cost. It, as I said, also saves you a considerable amount, as well, since you need only buy the means to end one life, rather than the dozens you might have to account for if you leave yourself for last, like so many spree killers do. Think of all the effort you would save, too. You wouldn't have to chase any victims down, your only victim will sit there waiting for you to kill him. He'll even help!

and for the people reading this thread thinking that i just went totally crazy:

I did not, i have been that all along. But the discussion just wasn't interesting anymore
You were losing, you mean.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 08:01:03 PM

Myrkul is...
You just admitted that you are the crazy one, here. Wink

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:04:35 PM

Myrkul is...
it seems that im the only one questioning my own sanity... crazies will not do that, they will just assume that are right. Tongue

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 08:07:45 PM

Myrkul is...
it seems that im the only one questioning my own sanity... crazies will not do that, they will just assume that are right. Tongue
Questioning one's sanity, and admitting insanity are two different things. Were you sane, you might know the difference.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:10:56 PM

Myrkul is...
Questioning one's sanity, and admitting insanity are two different things. Were you sane, you might know the difference.
A insane person would never admit insanity as it would be insane?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 08:16:29 PM

Myrkul is...
A insane person would never admit insanity as it would be insane?
Unless they had a rational moment, and admitted it during that rational moment, after which they would go back to denying it. Like you yourself have.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 08:59:20 PM

[/thread]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: