Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:36:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Talking about Atheism...  (Read 17480 times)
stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 12:50:42 AM

Anybody who calls God a sky god, doesn't have enough understanding to see that God is God not only of the sky, but of everything else, as well.

Cool

God is an euphemism for the unknown, just that. Has no physical or literal form, never spoke to anyone and doesn't care about us at all. It's our way to justify the unjustifiable, the way of pretend to do something by doing nothing, like praying.
The literal God is no more than attempts to scam and profit on people's fears.

The Bible is full of witness reports of God speaking to people. Let's hope God talks to your heart to change your beliefs, before the time comes when He will reveal Himself to you in the judgment. If it's the judgment, you will have no more chance to change, and it will be too late for you.

Cool

An imaginary person talking to no-one and no-one is there to record it, yet you call this witness? Hmmmm delusional much?

If you would take the time to carefully examine the history of the Bible, and the History of the Hebrew people, even you would understand that the Bible is an eye witness record. However, if I am wrong about this, it is only because you wouldn't understand much of anything.

Cool

You are wrong because you falsify facts.

You claim it is an eyewitness account, then how can someone be a witness to an imaginary person talking to no-one?

There was no witness. It is simply a fairy tale.

Maybe you are not quite as smart as you believe you are?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:36:37 AM

Problem is BADecker you only take your proof so far.... you need to keep going.

You continually say that cause and effect are proof..... then the simple answer is what caused your god?

You cannot make an assumption to meet your needs.... that is not proof.

That my furry little friend is the law of science.

Imagine that you get some lumber together, some nails, a hammer, etc. You build a shed for yourself. Do the laws of the nature of the shed have anything to do with you? Is the shed ever as complex as you are?

The universe is a shed that God built. As you can go in and out of your shed, so God can go in and out of His universe. But the simple laws of the shed universe never apply to God except when He wants them to.

Cause and effect are laws of this universe shed that God made. They don't apply to God except that He wants them to. God always was, is now, and always will be. There is nothing that caused Him. Cause and effect are things of this universe.

Yet God has allowed Himself to be affected by the causes of mankind. He doesn't have to do this. But He does, because of His nature, which is different than anything of this universe, except where He allows similarities.

Stop being so dishonest. Understand this about God. Oh, that's right. You DO understand about God. You are simply dishonest, and so you don't admit that you understand.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:41:12 AM

If you would take the time to carefully examine the history of the Bible, and the History of the Hebrew people, even you would understand that the Bible is an eye witness record. However, if I am wrong about this, it is only because you wouldn't understand much of anything.

Cool

You claim it is an eyewitness account, then how can someone be a witness to an imaginary person talking to no-one?

What does it matter how smart I am? The point is that, in the things pertaining to the existence of God, YOU know two things. You know that God exists, and you know that you can never prove that He doesn't exist.

If you wait for the judgment, you won't have time to believe in God. Since you know that He exists, now believe in Him, and so save yourself from destruction in the Lake of Fire.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
WarThunder

Activity: 265

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:16:48 AM

Cool

What does it matter how smart I am? The point is that, in the things pertaining to the existence of God, YOU know two things. You know that God exists, and you know that you can never prove that He doesn't exist.

If you wait for the judgment, you won't have time to believe in God. Since you know that He exists, now believe in Him, and so save yourself from destruction in the Lake of Fire.

Cool
I wonder what your beliefs are based on. It is not always possible to meet a person who completely denies everything and yet believes in a flat land.
yueno

Activity: 266

Yueno

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:43:44 AM

Atheism is good eventhough they are not believe in god. Because they are do good in there lives whenever they go.  They help people in darkness which is not an easy task.  Eventhough they are not believe in god. They believe that if you to do good you will be in good if you passed away.
stats

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:34:43 AM

You continually say that cause and effect are proof..... then the simple answer is what caused your god?

Imagine that you get some lumber together, some nails, a hammer, etc. You build a shed for yourself. Do the laws of the nature of the shed have anything to do with you? Is the shed ever as complex as you are?

The universe is a shed that God built. As you can go in and out of your shed, so God can go in and out of His universe. But the simple laws of the shed universe never apply to God except when He wants them to.

Cause and effect are laws of this universe shed that God made. They don't apply to God except that He wants them to. God always was, is now, and always will be. There is nothing that caused Him. Cause and effect are things of this universe.

Yet God has allowed Himself to be affected by the causes of mankind. He doesn't have to do this. But He does, because of His nature, which is different than anything of this universe, except where He allows similarities.

Stop being so dishonest. Understand this about God. Oh, that's right. You DO understand about God. You are simply dishonest, and so you don't admit that you understand.

Cool

HA HA HA HA HA......

Once again you try to use little stories to meet your needs.

Where did the wood come from, the metal, the idea? Oh that's right..... you are a man and made them.

Guess your idea of god came from man!

I can go in and out of the shed because it is part of this universe not another...... you are assuming your god has the ability to transverse universe.... prove it.
stats

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:36:10 AM

Cool

Cool

I know that god does not exist and I know that you can not prove he does. I keep asking for proof and you always fail.

There will be no judgement.

You are a liar who tries to manipulate others to reaffirm your own stance.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 12:59:44 PM

Cool

Cool

I know that god does not exist and I know that you can not prove he does. I keep asking for proof and you always fail.

You have become such a malicious liar. Why malicious? Because you know that in your ignorance of the greater part of the universe, that God might exist somewhere. This means that you DON'T know that God doesn't exist. Yet you continue to say that God doesn't exist, when you know that He might exist somewhere.

Since you don't want to look at the proof that God exists, it is simply you who aren't allowing God to be proven to yourself. I and many others have examined the proof and found that God DOES indeed exist.

At the judgment, God will control your very thinking so that you will absolutely KNOW and ADMIT that He exists.

Turn to be on God's side before you don't have the chance or ability to turn any longer. If you don't turn, the judgment and punishment won't be any fun for you.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:09:57 PM

Cool

HA HA HA HA HA......

Where did the wood come from, the metal, the idea? Oh that's right..... you are a man and made them.

I can go in and out of the shed because it is part of this universe not another...... you are assuming your god has the ability to transverse universe.... prove it.

Do you think any carpenter conjures up the electrons, protons, and neutrons of the nails and wood he uses to build something? Do you really think that he makes the materials out of nothing? You act so dense. Why do I ask? Because you know better than this, yet you talk so silly.

Do you see what you are doing? You are starting to bring out into the open, in your own speaking, that God exists... God, the only one Who can make the materials from which everything is made.

Since God exists, and since He made the universe, it is you who needs to prove that He doesn't exist. Simply because you would rather be like the proverbial ostrich, with your head ignorantly planted in the sand, doesn't mean that you will not be affected by the things that you hide your eyes from seeing, and your mind from understanding.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:16:33 PM

Atheism is good eventhough they are not believe in god. Because they are do good in there lives whenever they go.  They help people in darkness which is not an easy task.  Eventhough they are not believe in god. They believe that if you to do good you will be in good if you passed away.

But the atheist would be much better if he became a proper theist, did the good, and passed on the knowledge of God's salvation to the people he did good for.

Therefore, when comparing the atheist's little bit of good he does now, with the potential good he could have done if he had not been an atheist, his present good is found much weaker than his potential good. So, for himself, even in his good he stands as evil.

Cool

Forester618

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:20:04 PM

But the atheist would be much better if he became a proper theist, did the good, and passed on the knowledge of God's salvation to the people he did good for.

Therefore, when comparing the atheist's little bit of good he does now, with the potential good he could have done if he had not been an atheist, his present good is found much weaker than his potential good. So, for himself, even in his good he stands as evil.

Cool
Why do you think that without preaching, people might not be good? I think the opposite. If the person is good then it should not be forced. Religion is simply a parasite on the human weaknesses.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:39:45 PM

Cool
Why do you think that without preaching, people might not be good? I think the opposite. If the person is good then it should not be forced. Religion is simply a parasite on the human weaknesses.

That's not what I said (or meant to say). What I am saying is, an atheist who seems to do good, is not really doing good, even though it appears to be good. The only time an atheist can really start to do good is to turn away from his atheism. Why? Because it is God, through cause and effect, who is giving the atheist the good to do, that that he does.

Cool

stats

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:54:33 PM

Cool

Cool

You have become such a malicious liar. Why malicious? Because you know that in your ignorance of the greater part of the universe, that God might exist somewhere. This means that you DON'T know that God doesn't exist. Yet you continue to say that God doesn't exist, when you know that He might exist somewhere.

Since you don't want to look at the proof that God exists, it is simply you who aren't allowing God to be proven to yourself. I and many others have examined the proof and found that God DOES indeed exist.

At the judgment, God will control your very thinking so that you will absolutely KNOW and ADMIT that He exists.

Turn to be on God's side before you don't have the chance or ability to turn any longer. If you don't turn, the judgment and punishment won't be any fun for you.

Cool

I have looked and I have found it to be false.

Your lies cloud your judgement and you now stretch the truth to allow your own assumptions to cloud your judgement.

Poor BADecker, you are a simple child with your beliefs and wants.

To scared to grow up as you fear that you will find out your life has been a lie.
stats

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:57:14 PM

Cool

HA HA HA HA HA......

Do you think any carpenter conjures up the electrons, protons, and neutrons of the nails and wood he uses to build something? Do you really think that he makes the materials out of nothing? You act so dense. Why do I ask? Because you know better than this, yet you talk so silly.

Do you see what you are doing? You are starting to bring out into the open, in your own speaking, that God exists... God, the only one Who can make the materials from which everything is made.

Since God exists, and since He made the universe, it is you who needs to prove that He doesn't exist. Simply because you would rather be like the proverbial ostrich, with your head ignorantly planted in the sand, doesn't mean that you will not be affected by the things that you hide your eyes from seeing, and your mind from understanding.

Cool

Wow.... next time a carpenter wants to build something he just need to believe it will be built.

So who transforms metal into nails? Pretty certain it was man who developed the science to do so.

You claim it is your god, yet show no proof.

You are a simple child caught in your own lies.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 02:15:57 PM

Cool

HA HA HA HA HA......

Cool

Wow.... next time a carpenter wants to build something he just need to believe it will be built.

So who transforms metal into nails? Pretty certain it was man who developed the science to do so.

Who transforms electrons, protons, and neutrons into metal? It certainly wasn't any scientist.

You keep on showing that God exists, more and more.

Why is it so difficult to go all the way and look at the proof that He exists, rather than ignore the proof and keep on saying that He doesn't exist?

Cool

stats

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 02:33:02 PM

Cool

HA HA HA HA HA......

Cool

Who transforms electrons, protons, and neutrons into metal? It certainly wasn't any scientist.

Why is it so difficult to go all the way and look at the proof that He exists, rather than ignore the proof and keep on saying that He doesn't exist?

Cool
http://www.explainthatstuff.com/introduction-to-metals.html There is your first step.... that will talk about the chemicals involved in metals.

Science has proven how these occur.

Your argument is purely assumptions to meet your needs.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:30:40 PM

Cool

HA HA HA HA HA......

Cool

Cool
http://www.explainthatstuff.com/introduction-to-metals.html There is your first step.... that will talk about the chemicals involved in metals.

Science has proven how these occur.

Your argument is purely assumptions to meet your needs.

Science has absolutely NOT proven how electrons, protons, and neutrons come about. Further, science only has theories how these develop into the various atoms in nature.

Cool

kennyS

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:31:40 PM

What is atheism?

Atheism is one thing: A lack of belief in gods.

Atheism is not an affirmative belief that there is no god nor does it answer any other question about what a person believes. It is simply a rejection of the assertion that there are gods. Atheism is too often defined incorrectly as a belief system. To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

Older dictionaries define atheism as “a belief that there is no God.” Clearly, theistic influence taints these definitions. The fact that dictionaries define Atheism as “there is no God” betrays the (mono)theistic influence. Without the (mono)theistic influence, the definition would at least read “there are no gods.”

Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a religion.

While there are some religions that are atheistic (certain sects of Buddhism, for example), that does not mean that atheism is a religion. To put it in a more humorous way: If atheism is a religion, then not collecting stamps is a hobby.

Despite the fact that atheism is not a religion, atheism is protected by many of the same Constitutional rights that protect religion. That, however, does not mean that atheism is itself a religion, only that our sincerely held (lack of) beliefs are protected in the same way as the religious beliefs of others. Similarly, many “interfaith” groups will include atheists. This, again, does not mean that atheism is a religious belief.

Some groups will use words like Agnostic, Humanist, Secular, Bright, Freethinker, or any number of other terms to self identify. Those words are perfectly fine as a self-identifier, but we strongly advocate using the word that people understand: Atheist. Don’t use those other terms to disguise your atheism or to shy away from a word that some think has a negative connotation. We should be using the terminology that is most accurate and that answers the binds all of us together.

If you call yourself a humanist, a freethinker, a bright, or even a “cultural Catholic” and lack belief in a god, you are an atheist. Don’t shy away from the term. Embrace it.

Agnostic isn’t just a “weaker” version of being an atheist. It answers a different question. Atheism is about what you believe. Agnosticism is about what you know.

Not all non-religious people are atheists, but…

In recent surveys, the Pew Research Center has grouped atheists, agnostics, and the “unaffiliated” into one category. The so-called “Nones” are the fastest growing “religious” demographic in the United States. Pew separates out atheists from agnostics and the non-religious, but that is primarily a function of self-identification. Only about 5% of people call themselves atheists, but if you ask about belief in gods, 11% say they do not believe in gods. Those people are atheists, whether they choose to use the word or not.

Even more people say that their definition of “god” is simply a unifying force between all people. Or that they aren’t sure what they believe. If you lack an active belief in gods, you are an atheist.

Being an atheist doesn’t mean you’re sure about every theological question, have answers to the way the world was created, or how evolution works. It just means that the assertion that gods exist has left you unconvinced.

Wishing that there was an afterlife, or a creator god, or a specific god doesn’t mean you’re not an atheist. Being an atheist is about what you believe and don’t believe, not about what you wish to be true or would find comforting.

All atheists are different

The only common thread that ties all atheists together is a lack of belief in gods. Some of the best debates we have ever had have been with fellow atheists. This is because atheists do not have a common belief system, sacred scripture or atheist Pope. This means atheists often disagree on many issues and ideas. Atheists come in a variety of shapes, colors, beliefs, convictions, and backgrounds. We are as unique as our fingerprints.

Atheists exist across the political spectrum. We are members of every race. We are members of the LGBTQ* community. There are atheists in urban, suburban, and rural communities and in every state of the nation.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:57:18 PM

What is atheism?

Atheism is one thing: A lack of belief in gods.

Atheism is not an affirmative belief that there is no god nor does it answer any other question about what a person believes. It is simply a rejection of the assertion that there are gods. Atheism is too often defined incorrectly as a belief system. To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

Older dictionaries define atheism as “a belief that there is no God.” Clearly, theistic influence taints these definitions. The fact that dictionaries define Atheism as “there is no God” betrays the (mono)theistic influence. Without the (mono)theistic influence, the definition would at least read “there are no gods.”

Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a religion.

While there are some religions that are atheistic (certain sects of Buddhism, for example), that does not mean that atheism is a religion. To put it in a more humorous way: If atheism is a religion, then not collecting stamps is a hobby.

Despite the fact that atheism is not a religion, atheism is protected by many of the same Constitutional rights that protect religion. That, however, does not mean that atheism is itself a religion, only that our sincerely held (lack of) beliefs are protected in the same way as the religious beliefs of others. Similarly, many “interfaith” groups will include atheists. This, again, does not mean that atheism is a religious belief.

Some groups will use words like Agnostic, Humanist, Secular, Bright, Freethinker, or any number of other terms to self identify. Those words are perfectly fine as a self-identifier, but we strongly advocate using the word that people understand: Atheist. Don’t use those other terms to disguise your atheism or to shy away from a word that some think has a negative connotation. We should be using the terminology that is most accurate and that answers the binds all of us together.

If you call yourself a humanist, a freethinker, a bright, or even a “cultural Catholic” and lack belief in a god, you are an atheist. Don’t shy away from the term. Embrace it.

Agnostic isn’t just a “weaker” version of being an atheist. It answers a different question. Atheism is about what you believe. Agnosticism is about what you know.

Not all non-religious people are atheists, but…

In recent surveys, the Pew Research Center has grouped atheists, agnostics, and the “unaffiliated” into one category. The so-called “Nones” are the fastest growing “religious” demographic in the United States. Pew separates out atheists from agnostics and the non-religious, but that is primarily a function of self-identification. Only about 5% of people call themselves atheists, but if you ask about belief in gods, 11% say they do not believe in gods. Those people are atheists, whether they choose to use the word or not.

Even more people say that their definition of “god” is simply a unifying force between all people. Or that they aren’t sure what they believe. If you lack an active belief in gods, you are an atheist.

Being an atheist doesn’t mean you’re sure about every theological question, have answers to the way the world was created, or how evolution works. It just means that the assertion that gods exist has left you unconvinced.

Wishing that there was an afterlife, or a creator god, or a specific god doesn’t mean you’re not an atheist. Being an atheist is about what you believe and don’t believe, not about what you wish to be true or would find comforting.

All atheists are different

The only common thread that ties all atheists together is a lack of belief in gods. Some of the best debates we have ever had have been with fellow atheists. This is because atheists do not have a common belief system, sacred scripture or atheist Pope. This means atheists often disagree on many issues and ideas. Atheists come in a variety of shapes, colors, beliefs, convictions, and backgrounds. We are as unique as our fingerprints.

Atheists exist across the political spectrum. We are members of every race. We are members of the LGBTQ* community. There are atheists in urban, suburban, and rural communities and in every state of the nation.

The problem with what you say is that there is no void of belief when their is suggestion.

If a person never had an idea of God, because he had never felt God, and had never had the idea of God suggested to him, then there might be a lack of belief. But since the so-called atheists that think about, talk about, or flaunt their atheism, have had the idea of God enter their mind, there is no longer any void. There is only belief in the possibility that God exists... at least until such a time that they find out that God exists.

Why is there only belief in the possibility that God exists? Because they know that they are not smart enough to determine that God cannot exist under any and every circumstance and location in the universe.

Atheism is a flawed religion at best.

Cool

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:48:19 PM

None of you seems to understand, lets imagine that you developed a game very much like a world that we live in, would you care what happens in the game? or do you think anything from inside that game can harm you? would you go inside the game as a character just to get killed for what? for a bunch of ungrateful game characters? (while Jesus didn't die and still is alive and he wasn't the son of God/he isn't God).

Christians are worse than atheists, at least they say there is no God whatsoever but Christians believe in trinity which is called polytheists.

In every holy book sent to guide mankind all the names of prophets and angels are the same and each book approves the one sent before with written testimonies, why there is no book and someone claiming to be a prophet and saying that Bible or Quran are lies and then provides something better?

Do you think 2000 years ago someone imagined the name "Gabriel" and said he was an archangel sent by God and more than 600 years after that again someone else from a different country/race started to imagine the same entity reading him words of God?

How can you not see when you plant a seed in to the ground a tree grows out of the soil? how can it not be so obvious that someone (God) could easily use our DNA which by the way are all over the world and every person's DNA from Adam and Eve and up to the last numbers of people on earth is available somewhere but it is on earth and recreate us again just like when a tree grows from a tiny seed?

I'm telling you it's not too late still and there is time for you to get back on the right path because when the time is over repenting won't work and won't be accepted.

Each and every one of us will face our maker all alone by ourselves without anyone to help us but only our beliefs and our deeds in this world.

As a friendly suggestion, just once in your life spend a few hours at most to read the Quran in your own native translation and decide for yourself whether it was sent or written by an ordinary person with limited knowledge or not.
Many of us spend years essentially doing nothing, wasting our times while a few hours spent on reading and then deeply thinking about it might change our lives for eternity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: