Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:09:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: README replies  (Read 10860 times)
CobaltIndium

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:53:33 AM

Thanks Garbaek.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peter.baril

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:40:26 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2013, 10:11:04 PM by peter.baril

I spent a lot of time here in last few moths and I have never feel a need to register here or post something. I'm not good in writing anyway. But today I have found an auction on this forum I would like to participate. But I cant as I have to write another 4 useless posts before I can put my bid...

I've contributed to many fora over the years, across many different domains, and continue to dislike metrics that emphasize quantity rather than quality.  I understand the moderators' need to insert a disincentive to flamers and spam, but I wish they'd find a way to grant access based on the quality and originality of a newbie's first contributions rather than on a number or time taken to create them.

The more so that participation here was made a prerequisite for joining in the first tranche of distribution of Ripple.

pb  

lambo

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 10:15:53 PM

I spent a lot of time here in last few moths and I have never feel a need to register here or post something. I'm not good in writing anyway. But today I have found an auction on this forum I would like to participate. But I cant as I have to write another 4 useless posts before I can put my bid...

I've contributed to many fora over the years, across many different domains, and continue to dislike metrics that emphasize quantity rather than quality.  I understand the moderators' need to insert a disincentive to flamers and spam, but I wish they'd find a way to grant access based on the quality and originality of a newbie's first contributions rather than on a number or time taken to create them.

The more so that participation here was made a prerequisite for joining in the first tranche of distribution of Ripple.

pb  

I couldn't agree more. I've been a member on this forum for a few weeks and I STILL can't post outside this stupid sub-section!
JahPowerBit

Activity: 335
Merit: 255

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:23:21 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 03:15:43 AM by Maged

I couldn't agree more. I've been a member on this forum for a few weeks and I STILL can't post outside this stupid sub-section!

+1

I read hundreds of pages on this forum, I learned hundreds of things, and I do not have many interesting things to post, since I am a newbie ...
So I can not request information on a buying group that would interest me (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177994.0).
This seems strange to me.
peter.baril

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:23:48 PM

Fuck this I just want to send someone a pm but i have to spam all over the place first.

One you're stuck.  Two is a dilemma. Choice begins at three.

You could choose instead to apply your first 5 posts to making others feel welcome.

/pb

he1kki

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:44:00 AM

Hmm, I now have five posts and > 1 days of online time, but still newbie. What am I doing wrong?
This has to be the weirdest side spin to get some Ripple XRP's! =)

EDIT: Never mind, got my Jr. Member status already
coinbender

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:29:50 PM

Thanks for the quick newb info...
valladex

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:26:03 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2013, 06:49:07 PM by valladex

newbie here, just wondering if anyone in slush's pool could help me with a question on the reward system.

--- problem fixed itself now.
xSkGx

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:18:10 PM

newbie here, just wondering if anyone in slush's pool could help me with a question on the reward system.

My minner is giving me rejected auth but I can login on the site... I need some help with that but can't post in its main thread...
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:18:07 AM

Is the whitelist thread still active at all? I mean does anyone read those requests and possibly whitelist their authors?
Yes, whether or not another mod goes through them as well, EVERY request is also processed by me. When I'm online, requests are usually processed within 10 minutes.

Honestly, I would like to see it re-stickied, since requests are way down.

valladex

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:04:51 PM

My minner is giving me rejected auth but I can login on the site... I need some help with that but can't post in its main thread...

Are you sorted now, i think there were a few wrinkles from the hack. everything seems ok now, better in fact.
stufast

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:55:54 PM

I found it useful, thanks for making it easy to follow.
EviLMask

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:05:27 PM

Looks like I was not the only one lately who felt the need to join the forum Grin .

I've been lurking around here for a few days and learned quite a lot about bitcoins. This digital currency fascinates me and somehow I have the feeling I am not the only one.
valladex

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:47:44 AM

Looks like I was not the only one lately who felt the need to join the forum Grin .

I've been lurking around here for a few days and learned quite a lot about bitcoins. This digital currency fascinates me and somehow I have the feeling I am not the only one.

My biggest regret is not mining starting to mine 9 months ago when i first discovered Bitcoins, i decided to wait a couple of months for BFL to release their ASIC, silly me.
sunshine_sid

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:16:52 AM

been lurking since 2011 (I hold for the longest time)   Wink
never felt I had anything to add to the discussions but I need to add some posts to escape the newbie section > receive some ripples
za8bit

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 03:27:22 PM

Rules are pretty clear, and I've read most of the links in the original post but I can't find info on one thing.

Where or what do I have to do to change my Avatar icon to something else other than the preset Actors, Bitcoins, Artists? Don't get me wrong, i love Bitcoins and Bruce Willis but I'd like to personalize if I could Tongue I couldn't find any upload button in user settings either.

Any help is appreciated Smiley
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:55:25 AM

Just a reminder, spam posts will be deleted from this thread.
gongbao

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:57:11 PM

Hi there,

I have been actively reading this forum for a couple of months now.
Today I have registered here and actually wanted to make a new project announcement in Marketplace > Service Announcements.

But due to the forum rules I still have to read here and browse until the 4h time limit has reached.
Is there any way you could enable me for "Service Announcements"?

Best regards
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:02:14 PM

Hi there,

I have been actively reading this forum for a couple of months now.
Today I have registered here and actually wanted to make a new project announcement in Marketplace > Service Announcements.

But due to the forum rules I still have to read here and browse until the 4h time limit has reached.
Is there any way you could enable me for "Service Announcements"?

Best regards

Write up your post in the newbie section, then PM me a link.  If it looks good I'll whitelist you and move the post over.
drewdtom

Activity: 87

You can't stop the signal

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 11:50:06 PM

Can you still white list people? My friend would like to make an announcement about a project that will be shown at BitCon Next week.

His user name is ""WeMeetAgain"

Thanks! I can PM the mod a link if they want a sneak peek.

What a ride it has been! Check out our Open Bazaar hosting offer at Agorist Hosting

I support Bitcoin Not Bombs!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: