Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:09:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: README replies  (Read 10865 times)
bigbaby1906

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:23:10 AM

Hello everyone.  I just realized the newbie rules as I tried to post a reply to a thread.  I'm just now learning about bitcoins.  The only thing I hate about becoming a newbie on a different forum is that people try to take advantage of you even though you have been an active trusted member on other forums.   I haven't did any business with anyone here, yet.  I am still watching to see who is trustworthy and how the tust system works.  I still have a long way to go before I really have an understanding about bitcoins.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manoamano

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:29:28 AM

Hello everyone.  I just realized the newbie rules as I tried to post a reply to a thread.  I'm just now learning about bitcoins.  The only thing I hate about becoming a newbie on a different forum is that people try to take advantage of you even though you have been an active trusted member on other forums.   I haven't did any business with anyone here, yet.  I am still watching to see who is trustworthy and how the tust system works.  I still have a long way to go before I really have an understanding about bitcoins.

Welcome.

Trust system is easy:
You give ratings to people. Everyone can see it.
Red rating = negative.

The more trusted you are, the more weight has your ratings.
So basically, only trusted people can influence the trust rating of someone.

When you click on the trust, click on "untrusted feedbacks" in order to see ALL feedbacks that he received.
And be careful about multiple accounts, fake trust ratings.

Always use escrow.
jmc1517

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:05:20 PM

Hi, I don't know what to write here either.  I've been mining Bitcoin for several months.  I started out using 4 * 7970 GPUs then "invested" - if you can call it that - in some USB Block erupters.  Currently running 34 erupters using cgminer 3.3.1 as that seems to be stable. 

I recently tried upgrading to 3.6.4 but get too many zombies too quickly, and loads of timeout errors.  I see by reading the mining thread that Ken is aware of the problem, but I can post there to add my two-pennoth yet Sad
taniith

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:49:03 PM

Like various other people on the thread, I don't have something particularly useful to post here in the newbie section. I've lurked on and off for a while, but I've never really had a good reason to need to post until now. I just got my BFL order and want to order some cables from someone in the marketplace. So it sounds like once I post this I should just have to wait a few hours to be able to PM. Huzzah!

edit: One constructive thing I can say is that registering was a bit of a pain. I didn't see anything stating the minimum password length, but then my first go was too short. It cleared the form, and when I registered with a better password I got a confusing error that I had already registered in the past 45 seconds. In hindsight, what it meant makes sense, but it seemed like it was saying the first try with the shorter password had worked.
LYI

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 02:35:03 PM

I got the same 45 seconds notification  Huh

Can you explain WHY I need to refresh the page (using F5 in firefox) after each login/logout to this site? Browser, without refreshing, shows an empty page; after refresh - the expected result.
Can't say that this site is the first page I have visited - such a behaviour I see for the first time..  Huh

Is it a side-effect of your security or it's side-effect of my brand-new status?  Smiley
pilastrone

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:28:19 PM

I I'm a newbie  Grin  I'm learning some about bitcoins in these days but it isn't enough.. I hope to find more information reading topics of these community .
D357@RG

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 11:20:50 AM

Or not.. ?

Stickying a bitinstant support thread can be easily seen as an endorsement of BitInstant. With all the delays and issues they have being having.. It's unfair to other bitcoin services too, and is somewhat useless to people outside of the united states (since they can only trade vouchers).

I'm sure that a forum thread is not the most efficient way of handling support, but why wouldn't bitinstant want the free advertising? And every time someone has an issue, it actually bumps the thread.

and they dont exist anymore

whatever happens to all these coiner sites?  omnicoin, instant, etc?
ShadeysLadyDrea

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:51:20 AM

Thanks for all the newbie information. Especially the stuff about scammers. I just wish some people would update their stuff more often, like the faucet lists and such. I've been through like almost all of them, and most of the alt-coin ones don't work and the bitcoin ones take forever!

So does this post get me out of newbie jail? I guess i'll see in 4 hours, right? lol

Thanks again!
dieknife

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:08:30 AM

Hello, I'm new here, just find out bitcoin recently and hope to learn more about it in this forum
thanks
i545318

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:57:58 AM

Keeping it real since 2011.

RhodaGila

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:36:17 PM

Thanks for guidance, before, i got confused, when want to post on one thread in this forum
But after I read the guide, finally a little I could understand.

Thanks
7queue

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 07:56:47 PM

Hello All!

Finally joined after reading for a while.

Using Arch Linux with compiled, and modified, bfgminer pulled from github with some block erupter blades at the moment. Started with one 7950 in the beginning.

Lots to learn here! Reading up on key/wallet security.

8 )

8 )
ctbon

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:14:16 AM

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking forward to jumping into the LTC mining forum. I find these post restrictions odd but I guess it's for a reason.  Grin
minarbitcoins

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 11:44:09 AM

Hello all!

I'm newbie and I'm reading posts for 4 hours to be able to write in others posts.

Good job and good forum!!

Thanks  Smiley
Ethapus

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:24:59 PM

Not meaning to whine here, I will most probably be out of newb-zone before anyone replies  Grin

But while I do accept and respect rules for being given normal posting rights, I find it rather senseless that only the 4 hours after the first post are accepted. I for my part have been registered for months, and logged in about 8 hours (plus a lot of time where I wasn't logged in  Cheesy) Only I have never really known why I couldn't post and have never really cared as I was quite content reading. So I find it weird that now after posting in here I have to wait another 4 hours anways. And surely there are many cases similar to mine.

Just my thoughts, perhaps there is some deeper meaning to this way of handling things eluding me, or maybe this will be considered and changed in favor of future newbs...?  Smiley
MaDaBr1452

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:27:02 PM

I'd like to have permission to post in the gambling sub thread area. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post here first to do that or not, but I figured I'd give here a shot. I'd like to enter a contest that starts at 1pm EST so I don't know how fast I can get access to posting in there. If there's somewhere else I should go please let me know. Thanks!
plutoandbeyond

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:47:44 PM

Hey all,

I've been following the bitcoin currency rates for a while now and I think it's finnaly time for me to get acquinted with it for real. I've opened a webwallet so far. Next step should be depositing some real cash to buy coins. Any recommendations regarding best practices?

Thanks!
Theoneask

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:45:51 AM

Thanks for the introduction.
BUGcoin

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:48:06 PM

Not much of a forum poster here,.. more of a lurker.
Of all the missed opportunities I've watched stroll past in my life, this will not be one of them.
The more I read about cryptocurrency, the more excited I get. The potential it has if \ once the world fully catches on and adopts it will be astounding.
Trying to spread the word about this to everyone I know and all I get are strange looks. Hopefully lurking out here and throwing in a post once in a while will help me better explain to family and friends how big this really is..
Thanks everyone,
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:37:49 AM

Hello!!
Thanks for the work for the libertation of "System"!!

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: