Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:50:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: README replies  (Read 10862 times)
jfglassworks

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:24:53 AM

Not much of a forum poster here,.. more of a lurker.
Of all the missed opportunities I've watched stroll past in my life, this will not be one of them.
The more I read about cryptocurrency, the more excited I get. The potential it has if \ once the world fully catches on and adopts it will be astounding.
Trying to spread the word about this to everyone I know and all I get are strange looks. Hopefully lurking out here and throwing in a post once in a while will help me better explain to family and friends how big this really is..
Thanks everyone,

You echo my situation. Tend to lurk and learn what I can but usually not a lot of input. I am telling everyone who will listen about cryptos, but my enthusiasm isn't as contagious as I thought.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
denzen

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:10:01 PM

Thanks for the useful links in the original thread.
I've been reading A LOT on tis forum - too bad I only registered an account 3 days ago, wouldn't have had to wait for 4 hours.
I understand the measures taken here, but damn, 4 hours is quite long.
jacer

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:38:05 PM

Thanks for the info  Smiley
raporeyiz

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:18:06 PM

thanks
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:52:44 AM

Thanks took me a while to find this lol

p4nd427

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:36:20 AM

thank you for the information, very helpful especially for newbie like me.

cheers.
treetoplake

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:48:18 AM

Hi

I'm treetoplake and I'm a 3d animator who is really interested in the whole alt-coin thing. Yes i'm a nwebie .. you gotta start somewhere! Thanks for the newbie FAQ very helpful read. This is the post I hope will trigger the ability to post on the forums Smiley

We have made some designs for a new worldcoin logo and I want to post it today or tomorrow. I saw the post somehow come up in google the other day and decided to do something about it.
There are some logos on the forum already submitted but frustratingly we cant post ours yet! The deadline is 7th December so there is still time. Looking forward to posting inthe coming hours.

Cheers guys
tree Smiley
TBoneLouie

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:39:52 PM

This will be my first post after a while of bouncing around reading various boards here.  It was definitely difficult to figure out how to post anything on this forum considering I generally don't think of myself as a n00b to cryptocurrency and didn't bother to look through the newbie topics before now.  Furthermore, for now I only want to post a specific question on a specific topic that is outside the n00b areas.  I think this practice of only being able to post to specific topics should be changed.  Someone new should be able to make 1 post on any topic, then wait the standard 4 hours before being able to post anything else, as seems to be the prerogative of the moderators here.  This is enough time for spammers to be found and dealt with appropriately.  Posting on a topic such as this one in a generalized area is highly inefficient.  I hope some more thought will be put into this soon to avoid dissuading otherwise potentially-substantial posters from joining (and no, I don't consider any post of mine to be particularly substantial; I have a question to ask, not any kind of profound statement or breakthrough technology to share). 
Mike@Coinswag

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:15:00 PM

Thanks took me a while to find this lol

I've been stalking this forum for about 6 months before realizing how to unlock my account. Lol
Kiwicon

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:53:24 AM

Not much of a forum poster here,.. more of a lurker.
Of all the missed opportunities I've watched stroll past in my life, this will not be one of them.
The more I read about cryptocurrency, the more excited I get. The potential it has if \ once the world fully catches on and adopts it will be astounding.
Trying to spread the word about this to everyone I know and all I get are strange looks. Hopefully lurking out here and throwing in a post once in a while will help me better explain to family and friends how big this really is..
Thanks everyone,

You echo my situation. Tend to lurk and learn what I can but usually not a lot of input. I am telling everyone who will listen about cryptos, but my enthusiasm isn't as contagious as I thought.

I too have been a lurker hear for nearly a year, mined a few BTC in late 2012 and sold them for a $250 camera. OMG! (but at least I didnt buy the $250,000 pizza)
To my point... Enthusiasm IS contagious! I posted a comment on twitter about Fastcoin and one more on an IRC pump forum and 12hours later there was a massive 200% pump in FSC (I got out at 140%) it may have been coincidence but I believe in "Chinese whispers" now
the1azn8

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:17:26 AM

I too have been a lurker hear for nearly a year, mined a few BTC in late 2012 and sold them for a $250 camera. OMG! (but at least I didnt buy the $250,000 pizza)
To my point... Enthusiasm IS contagious! I posted a comment on twitter about Fastcoin and one more on an IRC pump forum and 12hours later there was a massive 200% pump in FSC (I got out at 140%) it may have been coincidence but I believe in "Chinese whispers" now

I mined a little bit back when the price was still around $60 and had around 1 total. Sold it off then and am right now wishing I didn't.
speedtrader

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:02:58 AM

I am new and I want to be able to post
so what I need to make 4 posts total and have 4hrs logged in before i can?
Quasar71

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:56:06 PM

Thanks for the Newbie Readme...

I'm wanting to link my BTCjam account with my Bitcointalk name and to do so, need to post a reply in the BTCJam forum name verification section. Apparently, to do that, I need to post a reply in this section and wait 4 hours, so that's what I'm doing.  Roll Eyes
Topthelel

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:12:36 PM

This is some good info. I've been lurking these forums for a while and I'm not much of a poster unless I have a problem that I can't normally solve with a simple search. Well at least I'll be able to post normally soon.
iamed18

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:01:08 AM

It's a rarity that I sign up for forums because I always feel bad about not keeping up a good presence.

However, in my endeavors to mine Primecoins (see more on those here), I've run into a compiling snafu that I simply can't overcome by myself (and let me tell you: it's substantially awful).

My flatmates and I also deal in LTC and DOGE for the moment with some small but effective rigs, so having an account here for discussion isn't the worst idea after having read a ton over the past two months.

Cheers to the mods, admins, and the Hero Members that have made this place a fantastic source of information!
Visionman

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:04:04 PM

Hello,

I was trying to PM the moderator, but due to my NEWBINESS - ? I cannot. . .
Alas.

What can I do?

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:34:28 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 07:50:53 PM by Hueristic

Hi all,

Dammit forgot Tab throws me to next control so rather than indenting this line I just posted a one line "Hi all"! DOH! Looks like my first post will be an edit! Cheesy

First off Back when Bitcoin started I was a heavy F@H contributor and was on OCN working to World domination (Which we accomplished!) But in retrospect wasting all those thousands on electric and seeing no discernible impact I regret not Starting this back then. Well better late than never I guess. I tried to jump on the Doge bandwagon but Only accomplished 20k so far and it looks dead now for the returns.

I am currently trying Earthcoin that just launched but have no hope for it. I'll try to get a few thousand and stash it.

From what I can gather the best method to make BTC atm is to use a Multipool. As soon as I get a few grand Earthcoin I will switch to that unless someone helps a n00b out and explains why This is a wrong move. I have been reading for a week or so and have to say the amount of info is completely overwhelming. It took me 2 days to get my card crunching at a respectable hash. I am using a 7870XT which is the cut down Tahiti with 1536 shaders. I'm doing about 400Kh/s on it, If anyone is running one of these and can help me squeeze more out of it I will be grateful and throw some of my hard earned coins your way.

Also for some reason after a day of crunching my system is becoming very unresponsive at int 13 (optimal so far) where as it was perfectly fine previously. I use a second card for htpc on this system but I don't think that has any bearing on this issue. I have to lower the INT to 10 for my system to become fluid again but that drops my hash in half.

OK well thats my intro so hopefully some of you guys are bored enough to respond.

BTW, tysat Love GB myself! They're my second team after the Pats. Hope Rogers and Cobbs get back in time!

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
outlawer

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:37:10 PM

Thanks for the info  Cool
bluemyst

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:03:46 PM

I am also newbie, and would like to be able to post and support my favorite coins.

2014 will be a great year for crypto currency market!
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:31:36 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 06:52:51 PM by Hueristic

Coinium.org ARE SCUMBAGS!

They set your default to donate 3, that's like 1 percent of my day.  Beware.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: