Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:58:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: README replies  (Read 10865 times)
houfro

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:39:20 AM

I am trying a more substantial post after my first post apparently did not make the grade.  I am certainly excited to be involved in the forum.  Hopefully after this post and waiting 4 hours I will be able to participate in other conversations.  It is great seeing all of these new altcoins launch, although it is obviously prudent to beware of some of the pump and dump activity that goes on with new coins.  Certainly an evolution will be taking place in altcoins - survival of the fittest dynamics.  Ok, hopefully that was a long enough post and will allow me the chance to jump into other conversations.  Let's rock and roll!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mylo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

%insert your text% soon!

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:51:01 PM

Well, it is NICE TO BE HERE guys! Mining changed my life, my kids growing with smiles on their faces and my hair turned black as when I was 17. All thanks to mining. It makes my day, every single day.
talktopab

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:47:10 AM

Thanks for the info in NEWBIE README post!

Looking forward to get upgraded and post in the posts of interest.
singood

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:36:57 AM

Smiley just Got into the crypto world... research a bit of it on youtube great info there. i consider us all new to this lifestyle. ok bis bald and greetings from Germany.
Szikorarobi

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:05:34 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 01:38:41 AM by Szikorarobi

I wish a rich and happy new year to all! First post...
Oh, almost forget. I'm mining and when I have time, day trading. I was lucky, did not put any many for trading because I lost half of it on the first week. After my loss, I was just reading the charts for a month and I'm much better trader now. I almost break even!  Ahahaha
luanning

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:37:04 PM

just finished the Newbie section,thank you for the information.
bitcoinbaddie1

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:24:18 PM

Hello.

I am having problems posting.

I had a lot to say and when i clicked post, i had been logged and the whole post was lost. I retyped in notepad and pasted into the forum, but when i clicked submit

1) It said i had to make two choices. I don't know what these choices are. Are these related to option 1 and option 2. When i just typed random text into options 1 & 2 i got a different error. The error was i had already posted to this form 360secs ago and to wait. I checked and my posting is not listed.

Please advise
suchcoins

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:04:21 PM

5 posts and 4 hours, yikes.  Guess some people ruined it for everyone.

So before I forget, I guess I will make notes here.

I wanted to reply to this thread about a scrypt tweak for performance increase:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=369858.0

and note that it worked on my 7950s   but strangely doesn't affect my 7970 at all

and here is the last person that tried to make a tweak

litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=4082.0

which didn't work for me at all

The 7950s went from 610-611  to  620-625   so roughly a 2% performance increase.
On rare occasion I've noticed the rate bounce down to 610 but climb back up.
Watching the longer term WU to see what happens.

I'm curious why the 7970 is not affected at all.

suchcoins

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:16:33 PM

Another question I was going to ask before I forget is if there is any benefit to upgrading from catalyst 12.6 (8.98) drivers under ubuntu vs the newer 13.1 or 13.4

I've read anecdotal stories about how 13.x is slower than the 12.6 so not sure if it is a good idea or no point.
emaef

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:35:52 PM

Hi,

I subscribed to the forum and started syncing my bitcoin wallet, with the purpose of buying just enough coins to be able to buy one of those antminer u1 asic miners. Unfortunately the syncing failed and I had to restart again. Maybe because I was mining primecoins at the same time  Huh

Hopefully it will finish in time before the offer expires.
ThinkI

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:48:59 PM

Hi Newbie here, doing the Newbie dance of the 5 postings.
Is it 5, the number changes as you read Smiley

I have been reading this site for a few months now and would like to thank everyone for their contributions. I learned a lot.

I would also like to know how effective this Newbie processing is?
Does it create more work than you had previously?
How many Newbies make it through the process and start contributing directly?
How many do not?
Do Newbie questions get answered?

I do agree with pushing Newbies to read the rules and basic guidelines by the way. I would recommend stressing that users should use the Preview before they hit Post. It gives you a little distance before its too late Smiley
It would also help if the preview button landed on the preview and not the text being edited.

For my self I doubt I will get to 5 postings any time soon. Sad
There is little to say until I find a problem that has not been solved yet or get involved in some of the finer details of Crypto-Currencies. So far my questions have been answered just by searching the site.

Till the next dance  Wink

Earn DevCoins by doing stuff you enjoy! Cool
BTC: 1AxYGFDnnw1PUo8TbQ83PCrenjQJBYU41Z | DVC: 1HKK5tswf8mXGsQng5naNEeqY44ZTHD3MY
Is this the best way to mine BitCoin?
nunununu

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:51:19 AM

Huh

I've been searching how to post thread in this forum.. finally..  Grin

glad to know that bitcooin reach $1000 again
2012revisited

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:26:08 PM

Hello and welcome my fellow newbies, this is my first post as I only registered today. A bit late getting on the boat but better late than never lol. BTW has anyone got any thought to add on the seizure of Ross Ulbricht's multi million dollar bitcoin wallet by the FBI? If I was him I would never have given them the private keys to the wallet. But to think they want to sell them all off for what they call a 'less volatile currency' is the real underlying story that in my humble opinion may pose a threat to the whole crypto currency network.

WillemStelen

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:55:59 AM

Hello and welcome my fellow newbies, this is my first post as I only registered today. A bit late getting on the boat but better late than never lol. BTW has anyone got any thought to add on the seizure of Ross Ulbricht's multi million dollar bitcoin wallet by the FBI? If I was him I would never have given them the private keys to the wallet. But to think they want to sell them all off for what they call a 'less volatile currency' is the real underlying story that in my humble opinion may pose a threat to the whole crypto currency network.

almost everything is a threat to the btc and the other online currencies. especially the governments which want to put taxes on everything.
So if you ever get rich from BTC - stay low and do not brag too much about it.
2012revisited

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:44:49 AM

almost everything is a threat to the btc and the other online currencies. especially the governments which want to put taxes on everything.
So if you ever get rich from BTC - stay low and do not brag too much about it.

Anonymity is the modus operandi

digitalvacuum

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:15:25 PM

I imagine the sell of coins from his seized wallet would be enough to manipulate the markets to one degree or another, but I doubt it would be enough to crash the entire network - Speculators love to buy in low afterall. It would likely just spark a feeding frenzy.

CTRL ALTcoin DELETE
Kasius7

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:45:28 PM

just finished the Newbie section,thank you for the information.
chris360

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:22:01 AM

HI

I have been logged in for 12 hours and 43 minutes. have have made 4 posts (started posting at 12 hours of log in time). however I still can not post on the topic is wish to.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.7760

is it 4 hours after your first post ?

Chris
J1980

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:48:47 PM

Smiley following some nice posts on this forum now for some weeks.
Had a lot of fun with the whole coye thing.

Been mining from 2011 with a big break in between just for fun.
Started again late 2013 finding my old walled encrypted (if I'll have time going to try and Grus my old pass wit a brute force script al my self made random combinations as far as I can remember)

Of course I finally registered here and find out that on the moment I wanna reply I could not before posting here... ...

So here you'll have my first to long post  Wink
SSGNod

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:02:36 PM

New here, new to mining, and I am very limited in budget as I am a disabled vet.  I am mining USDE with my video card cause the governors there are vets too.  I have purchased a Block Erupter Sapphire that I'm using for bitcoin.  The problem is it is not powerful enough to be profitable on bit coin.  Do you have any suggestions on another coin that would be more profitable.  Also, can you white list me on the USDE thread so I can let those guys know I support them.  Below is a link to it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=410254

Thanks for your help!!

SSGNod
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: