Last edit: August 16, 2013, 07:51:11 PM by Bitcoin Megastore

-
VforVictory

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:46:15 PM

I question whether I should download anything from something named "SatoshiClone"...
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:51:53 PM

I question whether I should download anything from something named "SatoshiClone"...

you download it from sourceforge directly....
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 03:09:14 PM

you download it from sourceforge directly....

Explain please: Why is it called SatoshiClone?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:55:45 PM

Do NOT download this. Please don't be in the habit of downloading clients from forum topics directly. Go to terracoin.org's news page and await an update.
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:06:45 PM

Do NOT download this. Please don't be in the habit of downloading clients from forum topics directly. Go to terracoin.org's news page and await an update.

Stupid or just new to Terracoin? I've put link to official mailing list, which links to official download directory. Go to terracoin.org and click on "Development
Binaries" at the bottom, you'll end on the same page mentioned in mailing list announcement.

Neither, I think it's irresponsible to link to anything but the main website when posting about client updates. Not everybody knows the legitimacy of your link. And who's to say your forum account hasn't been hacked?
chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:17:52 PM

What a troll...
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:26:39 PM

This thread will be stickied until the deadline has past.
gambit

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:38:04 PM

What should linux users do? When I'll be able to use my coins?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:01:24 PM

This thread will be stickied until the deadline has past.

Thanks!

more or less retired.
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:39:47 PM

What should linux users do? When I'll be able to use my coins?

Upgrade to latest source code and recompile. You should be able to use your coins already?
MessyCoin

Activity: 458

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:47:19 PM

For relative noob, using Linux I:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/terracoin/terracoin.git

Then build by opening the terracoin-qt.pro file with Qt Creator. (Basically following the instructions in the readme-qt.rst file that's included with the source).

This has always seemed to give me the latest version, though mostly the version number reported by the binary is not correct. For example when I pull from git and compile right now, "About Terracoin" says "v0.13rc3-beta" Sad

This is a little disconcerting and I wish the developers would ensure that the version compiled from source was 100% and would report the correct version.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:32:35 AM

For relative noob, using Linux I:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/terracoin/terracoin.git

Then build by opening the terracoin-qt.pro file with Qt Creator. (Basically following the instructions in the readme-qt.rst file that's included with the source).

This has always seemed to give me the latest version, though mostly the version number reported by the binary is not correct. For example when I pull from git and compile right now, "About Terracoin" says "v0.13rc3-beta" Sad

This is a little disconcerting and I wish the developers would ensure that the version compiled from source was 100% and would report the correct version.

More then disconcerting, it's unacceptable. When this all started I asked in the issue tracker how we could verify we were on the right version and received no response. A lot of help that did me.

more or less retired.
human

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:51:51 PM

people, why do you support this trash coin? it is so broken, that you should cry! let it die and leave space for new coins with a better developer and design.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:55:01 AM

people, why do you support this trash coin? it is so broken, that you should cry! let it die and leave space for new coins with a better developer and design.

Despite our frustration, there is real value in the learning experience the entire community is going through at this point with Terracoin. The lessons learned here can not only improve terracoin, but improve all the other altcoins- and even bitcoin as well.

more or less retired.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:35:45 AM

lol you accept TRC?

good luck with that  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

roy7

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:18:55 PM

You mean latest scam coins like Bytecoin, Mincoin, Feathercoin and alikes? Or classic scam coins like PPCoin, DevCoin, Freicoin or NovaCoin?

I'm curious. Do you consider every coin other than bitcoin a "scam"? Litecoin is the only one you didn't seem to list.
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 04:43:20 PM

I see two benefits to Terracoin:
  • Way faster confirmation time.
  • You can use Terracoin for Bitcoin project development without fear of messing things up. Just switch terracoind to bitcoind before you deploy.

Anyone selling any Terracoin for Bitcoin? I'm making a Terracoin faucet, and I need some more coin to start it off.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
roy7

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:01:07 PM

You can trade TRC/BTC on BTC-E. Smiley
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:09:05 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2013, 10:23:59 PM by Bogart

Great.

I missed the 0.1.3.33 upgrade, and at the same time, BTC-e appeared to have missed it too.

I ended up mining on a forked chain, depositing to BTC-e (which they accepted, also being on my fork), and selling for BTC.

Now that they've upgraded, they have locked my account for withdrawls, and say that I now owe them 6921 in "double-spent" TRC.

I "fought" to have my fork win, but I gave up after it fell 200 blocks behind.

It looks like I'm not the only one.  I've seen lots of other BTC-e users posting saying that their accounts are also locked for withdrawls.  They probably have no clue the fork even occurred.

Now I didn't see this 0.1.3.36 announcement until now.  I wonder if BTC-e will see it in time this time...

IMO, pushing out a mandatory update with a 2-3 day window to apply it is asking for this kind of trouble.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: