Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:50:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Behind the courtains - China vs Bitcoin  (Read 625 times)
goanadupabitcoin (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 08:57:17 AM

I found this gem of an article today and thought I would share it here (#noshilling)
It s from Bitmex and explains what is bound to happen with the China war on BTC all through october.
https://blog.bitmex.com/all-quiet-on-the-eastern-front/
This guy reads it in full on his video blog in case you don t have time to read it yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzhTejVel5w
(funny how he himself doesn t link to the source, but that s none of my business)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 09:11:32 AM

Interesting news, it is exactly as I expected Chinese trading is slowing, we won't see any crazy bull runs (and even harder dumps) from now on.
It will be either total stabilization (at least in bitcoin standards, which is still pretty volatile compared to fiats) or very slow price upward trend.
Unless, of course, something unexpected happens - like another yuan devaluation.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 914

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 10:52:41 AM

Interesting news, it is exactly as I expected Chinese trading is slowing, we won't see any crazy bull runs (and even harder dumps) from now on.
It will be either total stabilization (at least in bitcoin standards, which is still pretty volatile compared to fiats) or very slow price upward trend.
Unless, of course, something unexpected happens - like another yuan devaluation.

Another yuan devaluation might happen, if China and the USA begin a "trade war".
Trump might decide to reduce the Chinese import and this will have huge impact over the Chinese economy.
When there is a crysis in China, the chinese usually buy lots of bitcoin.

sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 08:12:29 PM

Another yuan devaluation might happen, if China and the USA begin a "trade war".
Trump might decide to reduce the Chinese import and this will have huge impact over the Chinese economy.

Yes it's really a very good article as OP told. On the other side I am not sure that at this point of time a trade war will benefit US or China. As an example by the end of 2015, Chinese consumers had bought 131 million iPhones. On the other hand total sales to US customers during the same period was only 110 million. Hence, the consequences will be for both countries. In the end, you will not beat no one, while negative consequences there will be for some other countries.
d@nte

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 08:23:03 PM

Bitcoin is seen by most politicians as a threat to their model of government. Therefore, it was expected that, at a time or another, such governments would try to bring limitations against the use of Bitcoin. The point is that they would be struggling against technology, and more than that, it is a decentralized form of technology.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:45:33 AM

Bitcoin is a decentralized digital cryptocurrency .bitcoin is being totally supported by china and helping other companies to open their farm .bitcoin farming has favourable climate in china and they support it but does government does not see it that way .they think that if they support bitcoins they will not have control ovet their people .
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:58:01 AM

Bitcoin is seen by most politicians as a threat to their model of government. Therefore, it was expected that, at a time or another, such governments would try to bring limitations against the use of Bitcoin. The point is that they would be struggling against technology, and more than that, it is a decentralized form of technology.

Well i dont see any problem about bitcoin if im a government . I think the main reason is it is because some people use it as a payment for illegal transactions online and any and also bitcoin has no tax that is the first came up in my mind but other than that there is nothing reason to limit the use of bitcoin. On the other hand i think china was the cause of the lately dumping and pumping of bitcoin
Daedra

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:34:26 AM

I predict panic buy. They are totally reckless these your Chinese
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:06:51 PM

Unfortunately for Chinese, Trump won the election last year which he had planned to limit the trading/trasaction against China.
We can't say it will be great for one or another as we can't see how is it going for few months/years later.
If the Trump policies trigger global market into uncertainty and people looking for an alternative, we might have good increases this month, only time will reveal the truth, let's see.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:23:20 PM

Unfortunately for Chinese, Trump won the election last year which he had planned to limit the trading/trasaction against China.
We can't say it will be great for one or another as we can't see how is it going for few months/years later.
If the Trump policies trigger global market into uncertainty and people looking for an alternative, we might have good increases this month, only time will reveal the truth, let's see.

There are a lot going on behind the scenes and if I didn't believe for once that trump's victory could have an influence on Bitcoin I do now because of his trade limitations with China and I will urge all the Bitcoin enthusiasts to get on mining and keeping for there are better days ahead.
_nur

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:26:13 PM

I predict panic buy. They are totally reckless these your Chinese

bulls climb the stairs bears jump out of the window... panic buy?
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 06:34:06 PM

If you talk about yuan devaluation than first to know is that China raised his rates,thay have also very good plan how to reduce his debt by converting debt to shares.There is many things,USA will have huge poblems after Trump decisions.Trade with islamic and latin americains countrys will be frozen and looks like will be trade war between USA and China guess who win.There are also many things in Europe what can beging huge crisis

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:35:09 PM

I think there will be trade wars between usa and china.
Bitcoin wont be damaged by that war, at all. It is pretty much safe haven for everybody.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: