Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:24:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So who the hell is still supporting BU?  (Read 29827 times)
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:21:20 PM

I find it really, really frustrating that you have a room full of otherwise hyperintelligent people, who were told in very clear terms by the Chinese miners what those miners want about a year ago (a hardfork increasing the max blocksize limit for the present type of transactions to at least 2 megabytes), and today, you have the same people asking in frustration why Chinese miners are not adopting segwit when those miners said in bright blinking cleartext a year ago what it is they want, and it is not segwit.

Do you think we must be controlled by Chinese miners? I would prefer decentralization

Do you think we must be controlled by Blockstream employees? The Chinese miners have stated their wishes to up the blocksize and Blockstream blocked their request. Now the Chinese miners are blocking Blockstream's changes. Bitcoin is still Bitcoin, and Segwit won't be adopted. Now we need to move forward and increase the blocksize so people can reliably transact with bitcoin. Thanks
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:47:04 PM

I find it really, really frustrating that you have a room full of otherwise hyperintelligent people, who were told in very clear terms by the Chinese miners what those miners want about a year ago (a hardfork increasing the max blocksize limit for the present type of transactions to at least 2 megabytes), and today, you have the same people asking in frustration why Chinese miners are not adopting segwit when those miners said in bright blinking cleartext a year ago what it is they want, and it is not segwit.

Do you think we must be controlled by Chinese miners? I would prefer decentralization

Do you think we must be controlled by Blockstream employees? The Chinese miners have stated their wishes to up the blocksize and Blockstream blocked their request. Now the Chinese miners are blocking Blockstream's changes. Bitcoin is still Bitcoin, and Segwit won't be adopted. Now we need to move forward and increase the blocksize so people can reliably transact with bitcoin. Thanks

Its too early to say. Segwit's activation is in October if I remember right. Over half a year away.
Hopefully by then some of the miners will realize that their support for the bugged, failed BU code costs them money and they will come to the other side. Roger Wer already lost 12000$ on his failed code, and it has only been active a couple of months, in half a year he will be broke and cant pay his disciples.
So relax. BU will fail and Bitcoin will live
classicsucks

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:47:25 PM

We'll have a blocksize increase after segwit. It's not Core's fault that miners are fucking stupid and are not signaling for segwit as soon as possible. Segwit is needed before we increase the blocksize.
Segwit provides a blocksize increase. Putting that aside, I would welcome a properly written HF proposal that builds upon Segwit. However, I would not be willing to accept something that reduces the block size limit (as proposed recently by luke-jr).

It's funny that the same idiots that are complaining about lack of blocksize increase are blocking segwit and by doing so blocking any real chances of a blocksize increase.

Kind of makes you think that people are diametrically opposed to Segwit, eh? It's not ironic, it's obvious that people did not listen, and they wasted thousands of hours developing something people don't want.  Chinese miners probably don't want to lay the groundwork for Lightning Network because it takes away from their transaction fees. I don't like the looks of Lightning either - I'm already using several alts, and believe they're way better than Lightning could ever be.

I'm opposed to Segfault because it's over-complicated and unnecessary, and breaks almost all existing bitcoin software (which is still not updated to support it, and likely won't be). Bitcoin has hard-forked in the past and could do so again. Just sayin'.

I don't think running this sh**ty BU software is the best solution either... but the blockheads at Core won't listen to the masses, and their arrogance and disconnect with reality are only getting worse... The Soviet Politburo marches on, undaunted.
classicsucks

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:55:20 PM

Its too early to say. Segwit's activation is in October if I remember right. Over half a year away.
Hopefully by then some of the miners will realize that their support for the bugged, failed BU code costs them money and they will come to the other side. Roger Wer already lost 12000$ on his failed code, and it has only been active a couple of months, in half a year he will be broke and cant pay his disciples.
So relax. BU will fail and Bitcoin will live

I don't think a $12k loss is a big deal for Roger Ver. Currently people are paying 20 times that EVERY DAY in fees, and worse still, waiting 3 days to confirm important financial transactions, and the Blockheads don't see a problem. I am not a follower of Ver anyway as I believe he is not very technically savvy.

Segwit mining support is DECLINING right now. http://segwit.co/  I won't be holding my breath and burying my head in the sand with the Blockheads until October. I'm off to buy some more Monero...

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4463

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 08:20:08 PM

for every block there are 19+ losers

the 3 second reject drama was no difference. no extra cost no extra loss..  ver just didnt win that block.
3 second event, = "ver you didnt win".. just like the other 19 pools trying for the same block

i laugh when people exaggerate a reject into some big event.

but when people point out a bigger event they push it under the carpet
Sipa's LevelDB 2013 long orphan chain event.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Viscount

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:31:27 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 12:46:08 AM by Viscount

I'm already using several alts, and believe they're way better than Lightning could ever be.

That explains everything.  Grin As I was saying many times only alt lovers cheers for BU
Bitcoiners shouldn't listen to them.
Viscount

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:36:38 AM

Do you think we must be controlled by Blockstream employees?
There's no WE.
We have nothing to do with alt scammers.
Viscount

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:44:58 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 01:01:21 AM by Viscount

Let's do a quick recap...  Roll Eyes
So who is supporting BU on bitcointalk:
1. Rawdog - freak, who wrote many times that bitcoin is dead, failed etc.
2. Classicsucks, with his recent coming out...
3. Franky - infamous troll.
Viscount

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:22:42 AM

Cautious miners want to test SegWit on litecoin first and if it's ok, they do it on Bitcoin. It explains their sluggishness. Bitcoin is very valuable they dont want to risk unnecessarily. (being aware of that, who can imagine that they would even consider raw, clumsy BU)

Wang Chun, F2Pool’s co-founder, told CCN that he is planning to upgrade his Litecoin pool to segregated witnesses (segwit). Litecoin’s F2Pool currently controls around 43% of the network’s hashrate. Batpool and Litecoinpool.org are both already signaling for segwit. Combined, around 60% of the current network’s hashrate share will likely upgrade.

Chun stated:
"We’ll do it on Litecoin first and then make an evaluation if it is feasible on bitcoin."
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:28:28 AM

At least from what I see Franky has some knowledge to back up his claims and stance against SegWit I don't see many people here capable or high level discussion about scaling.
You will have to say something more that "franky is a troll' to disprove his arguments which seems solid enough for me.
Viscount

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:25:50 AM

At least from what I see Franky has some knowledge to back up his claims and stance against SegWit I don't see many people here capable or high level discussion about scaling.
You will have to say something more that "franky is a troll' to disprove his arguments which seems solid enough for me.
   You are just considering him having some knowledge comparing with yourselves. If you would read attentively many threads, you'd see that he posts every time all the same and muddles truth and lies laced with some "technichal facts" to impress laymans and create some drama and escalate FUD. You will also see that they (BU herd) create many different threads every time instead of arguing in one.
    All his lies was disproved many times by various people with far more expertise in computer science. Obviously he's hoping that those people don't have enough time to track him in different threads and argue with him to disprove him constantly.
    I understand that it would be useless to repeat again exposure of his lies. If you are really interested and not one of ver's sheeps intending to troll, you will easily find these threads.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:28:31 AM

I'm hurt. You omitted li'l ol' me. All around lovable chap, and savior of destitute puppies.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
LonelyPrince

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:06:41 AM

Seems unlimited steadily dying, only 4,7%  267 nodes have left https://bitnodes.21.co/nodes/.
Here we got >95% of nodes, waiting for miners...  Roll Eyes
Warg

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 09:02:57 AM

I'm sure miners eventually will listen to people
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 03:00:51 PM

*even core themselves have stated even if pools got to 95% and activated.. core wont release the full segwit (including p2wPKH/p2wSH key generation) node for atleast a few weeks or long AFTER activation..
so dont expect to see anything actually change any time soon

You know I was thinking about moving to Dash, it's pretty sad that Bitcoin is being choked right now.

I dont entirely blame the developers to this. It's the entire community's fault.

You have only 10-20 people working on Development right now, out of 5-10 million Bitcoin users.

Where the fuck are the other developers? Are they scratching their butts? Why dont others help contribute to the software?

And BU is bullshit, made by amateurs.

I would like to see more developers getting off their asses and start writing some code.

Why are people so lazy that we got only so few devs?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 03:05:05 PM

Obviously your knowledge is very impaired if you consider a fair amount of his posts to be "solid enough". Usually it's psuedo-knowledge, even though they make a decent point sometimes. Characters shouldn't be discussed much anyways; it doesn't help either way.

You know I was thinking about moving to Dash, it's pretty sad that Bitcoin is being choked right now.
You mean the "instamine" coin? Roll Eyes

You have only 10-20 people working on Development right now, out of 5-10 million Bitcoin users.

Where the fuck are the other developers? Are they scratching their butts? Why dont others help contribute to the software?
Obviously you are throwing around random numbers and not looking in the right places.

Why are people so lazy that we got only so few devs?
It's a plethora of things: laziness, lack of knowledge and the average stupidity of a human. Not everyone is fit to be a developer, and even less people are fit to develop Bitcoin.

Seems unlimited steadily dying, only 4,7%  267 nodes have left https://bitnodes.21.co/nodes/.
Here we got >95% of nodes, waiting for miners...  Roll Eyes
Just wait until someone spins up another hundred nodes under the pretense of "community support". Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 03:08:24 PM

I would like to see more developers getting off their asses and start writing some code.

you do realise that there are over 12 implementations.

unless you have read the lines of code. stating something is amateurish, is just falling for the scripted speaches by core.
the RECKED campaigns against xt, classic, bu, etc are not about the REAL lines of code. but about the SOCIAL drama of people.

EG

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 03:15:28 PM

Obviously your knowledge is very impaired if you consider a fair amount of his posts to be "solid enough". Usually it's psuedo-knowledge, even though they make a decent point sometimes. Characters shouldn't be discussed much anyways; it doesn't help either way.

lauda is attacking my personality. which i dont care about.
but lauda himself admits he does not know c++ to have read CODE.
i have at many times asked lauda just to learn some basics.

i have even asked hm to learn some basic concepts that dont need code skills such as consensus vs bilateral.

if lauda can only attack my personality, but cannot attack the CODE/concepts of bitcoin. then lauda needs to spend less time with social drama and more time learning about bitcoin code, concepts, diversity and bitcoins ethos.

so far i have only seen lauda jump into a debate when it concerns devending DEV's .. not bitcoin.

we should not be upholding devs as kings/rulers. bitcoins network consensus is what matters, and pools/devs human dcisions should not.
pools/devs should be treated as bitcoins workers.. not dictators/leaders.

anyone wanting devs to rule bitcoin are missing the point of bitcoin. and it doesnt take need coding skills to understand that rational and logical concept.

P.S
lauda thinks my knowledge is pseudoknowldge because i am not trying to sound like a geeky ass hat using cores 'buzzwords'

for instance if i wanted to be a medical doctor. i would learn everything and then translate it to laymens. and i would refuse to tell a patient they had a microcardial infarction to show off my knowledge.. instead i would just say . dude your hart stopped for 10 seconds.

that way what happened to the patient is factual but in a manner the patient would understand.
my comments lack the buzzwords simply because i translate it down to laymens to help the community.

yes gmaxwell hates it when i call his "Confidential Pedersen Commitments" simply 'confidential payment codes'
but to common man my layman term resonates better to common understanding.

i previously just used 'intentional split' instead of 'bilateral split' but received alot of backlash because i was not buzzwording, so just to shut the trolls up i use the term 'bilateral' and ask the community to learn its meaning

i previously just used 'majority agreement' instead of 'consensus' but received alot of backlash because i was not buzzwording, so just to shut the trolls up i use the term 'consensus' and ask the community to learn its meaning

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 03:17:18 PM

i have even asked hm to learn some basic concepts that dont need code skills such as consensus vs bilateral.
-snip-
Fun fact:
Standard orphans are not the same as the invalid block which was mined by a BU pool the other day. Yet you keep pushing this pseudo-explanation of the situation. Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 03:18:41 PM

You mean the "instamine" coin? Roll Eyes

Well at least they have solved the communication issue with a voting system (to filter out trolls and shills), and the final consensus thing is similar to that of bitcoin.

I am not saying it's safer then BTC at the moment, but it could be one of the rivals of BTC if the TX fee and capacity issue is not fixed.

Obviously you are throwing around random numbers and not looking in the right places.

416 contributors, but only 24 working in the last month.

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pulse/monthly

Considering that this is the critical moment for Bitcoin scaling, yet people are not very eager to work on it.

So you have 24 people (plus a few more on the other clients like BU and Classic) out of 5 million users.

Well that is a very interesting percentage.

It's a plethora of things: laziness, lack of knowledge and the average stupidity of a human. Not everyone is fit to be a developer, and even less people are fit to develop Bitcoin.

Which makes me question the whole decentralization rhetoric. If people want decentralization, then they should take the problems in their hands, and fix it.

But looking at the current situation, we have 5 million sheeps who expect answers from 24 people. That is a very centralized system.

How is this different from a centralized financial or political institution?

Bitcoin starts to look very ugly.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: